Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #100 on: 21 Oct 2010, 02:27 am »
And a bunch of piggies will be sailing through the air  :lol:

OR sailing thru the air in the endzone for another showboatin' penalty.  :slap:

Oh well,, if they'll just beat the g-punks on Monday Night Football and I'll be a mighty happy Dallas Cowboy fan.  :dance:

Cheers,
Robin

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #101 on: 21 Oct 2010, 04:14 am »
I'm a bit biased as a Raven's fan and no fan of Pittsburgh as our rivals.  I hate to say it but James Harrison is a maniac out there.  I never was fond of the guy, very good linebacker but he must be going through some things and taken it out on player's on the field.  He is head hunting no doubt about it, many times you don't even see his arms or shoulder's in a position to attempt to make a proper tackle.  Almost every time I see him hit someone it looks ill intentioned to me, he's playing dirty if I ever saw it.  He's a very good player and I don't think needs to resort to those tactics.  I know other players see and know it's wronf but won't same anything in order to protect the brotherhood, their profession or their image.  No sane person can defend those head shots and he does that all the time even on plays where he has no clean tackle he's leads in with his head when a player is already going to the ground.  For him to say he's out there trying to hurt somebody and that he doesn't know if he can play the game because the NFL wants to limit actions were the helmet is used as a weapon really speaks volumes.  IMO he's a joke right now and I wish he would retire.  I believe that guy could have paralyzed or killed one of those guys out there and would've felt little remorse except to say they knew the risks when they stepped on the field. Other very good linebackers like Ray Lewis and Urlacher get the job done just as effectively and make cleaner proper tackles and hits.  I know it's a fraternity and everyone wants to man up but really do decent fans and players really want to watch guys slaughter on the field every Sunday wondering who's going to be paralyzed or not.  it's a brutal game and things will happen but we shouldn't have guys going out on the field with the sole intent being to put somebody in the hospital.

And I absolutely hate the defensive players (and I love defense) talking all the smack when they are not the ones getting hit.  I'm sorry but some of the offensive linemen should absolutely start nailing the defense guys and see what they have to say then.  That's what I would do to help protect my offensive teammates. I would forget my offensive assignment a few times and find Harrison and blow him up and see how he likes it.  That's the way you correct things.  In fact I blame the offensive unit for not stepping up and protecting one another when you have questionable hits by the defense.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #102 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:07 pm »
Oh man, talk about some brilliant defensive strategy, Rob Ryan, brother of Rex and DC for Cleveland, put one together for New Orleans.  Rookie QB Colt McCoy (Texas) and Hillis had starring roles.  That game was televised where I'm at along with the Eagles-Titans.  The Eagles were solidly in control for three quarters AT Nashville but fell apart on both sides of the ball in the 4th.  Damn!  The Eagles have a big whiteboy in the backfield (no. 40) who I don't remember ever seeing and whose hairline almost touches his eyebrows.  That guy punished the Titan's D.  Philly was positively dominate for most of the game.  Damn.

What up with the Bengals?  They got the Cowboy's syndrome?  Most of the sportscasters I saw think NY will beat Dallas Monday night.  Dallas just has to get some mortar 'tween their bricks and that won't happen.  Better not for their sake.  This one IS the season!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #103 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:15 pm »
Oakland Raiders scored 31 unanswered points against a scoreless Denver in the 1st 16 minutes???? What the hell is up with that?  :scratch:  They did squat against San Fran but they can do no wrong today. Maybe my Cowboys can pull one outta their butt in Dallas monday nite,,, you just never know what's gonna happen in the NFL from 1 week to the next.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #104 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:19 pm »
Oakland Raiders scored 31 unanswered points against a scoreless Denver in the 1st 16 minutes???? What the hell is up with that?  :scratch:  They did squat against San Fran but they can do no wrong today. Maybe my Cowboys can pull one outta their butt in Dallas monday nite,,, you just never know what's gonna happen in the NFL from 1 week to the next.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin
Man, that's some serious shame if yer a Denver fan. 

jackman

« Reply #105 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:26 pm »
My favorite team, the Bears, are a complete disgrace.  Jay Cutler absolutely SUCKS.  Four interceptions in the SECOND HALF to the SAME DB???!!!  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...errrr...fool me four times???  I hope he still has some concussion aftershocks or something because any normal person would have figured something out after the second or third interception.  He also missed open guys all day long. Granted, Devin Hester is not a real NFL receiver and Johnny Knox is barely third string on a real team but Jay's performance was a worse than I have ever seen in my adult life.  Washington played a VERY bad game and managed to eek out a win. 

When is this team going to wake up and FIRE Lovie Smith (joke) and Jerry Angelo?  Two incompetant losers. 
Bad...

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #106 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:50 pm »
My favorite team, the Bears, are a complete disgrace.  Jay Cutler absolutely SUCKS.  Four interceptions in the SECOND HALF to the SAME DB???!!!  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...errrr...fool me four times???  I hope he still has some concussion aftershocks or something because any normal person would have figured something out after the second or third interception.  He also missed open guys all day long. Granted, Devin Hester is not a real NFL receiver and Johnny Knox is barely third string on a real team but Jay's performance was a worse than I have ever seen in my adult life.  Washington played a VERY bad game and managed to eek out a win. 

When is this team going to wake up and FIRE Lovie Smith (joke) and Jerry Angelo?  Two incompetant losers. 
Bad...

:rotflmao: Bet you're wishing your Bears could play my Cowboys each week.  :rotflmao:

launche

« Reply #107 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:54 pm »
The biggest problem with the Bears at the moment is the Mike Martz offensive system, it's a QB killer.  Too wide open, not enough protection and long drop steps.  Chicago doesn't have good receivers to run that system or at least they and Cutler haven't figured it out yet.

jackman

« Reply #108 on: 24 Oct 2010, 09:57 pm »
I think you have it backwards. The Cowboys wish they could play the Bears at this point.  The Bears could not beat anyone at this point.  Pathetic. I am so angry I may not watch another game all year.

jackman

« Reply #109 on: 24 Oct 2010, 10:01 pm »
The biggest problem with the Bears at the moment is the Mike Martz offensive system, it's a QB killer.  Too wide open, not enough protection and long drop steps.  Chicago doesn't have good receivers to run that system or at least they and Cutler haven't figured it out yet.

Cutler doesn't have a choice. This is the system they run and these are the receivers they have.  Honestly, Cutler isn't without blame. He missed some open receivers and threw some ugly picks. Its frustrating because they ran the ball really well in the second half and suddenly gave up on the run. This was an ugly game. Sorry for hijacking the threat. I'm not wasting any more time on these losers.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #110 on: 24 Oct 2010, 10:05 pm »
I think you have it backwards. The Cowboys wish they could play the Bears at this point.  The Bears could not beat anyone at this point.  Pathetic. I am so angry I may not watch another game all year.

Promises promises,,,,,,,,,  :lol:

ebag4

« Reply #111 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:03 am »
Why in the HE!! didn't the Vikes call timeout and run another couple of plays at the end of the first half??

jimdgoulding

« Reply #112 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:04 am »
Why in the HE!! didn't the Vikes call timeout and run another couple of plays at the end of the first half??
My wife screamed louder that I did!!  What the hell was that?

jackman

« Reply #113 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:29 am »
Why can't the Packer db's learn to catch a ball.  They would have two or three picks already.

tnewell

« Reply #114 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:03 am »
Finally.... the breaks go the Packers way!!!!

I was convinced they were going to lose another one by 3 points. :rock: :rock:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #115 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:33 am »
And they might have if it weren't for an interception.  The Packers are a very good team and may win the division.  I mean I don't think the Bears can throw anymore at them than the Vikings did.  They had just a few hiccups.  Got to give Adrian Peterson a shout out.  What an amazing RB.

Bigfish

« Reply #116 on: 25 Oct 2010, 11:53 am »
Guys:

I think my team received a win as a gift from the Refs.  I guess we Steeler's Fans sending money to the Refs retirement fund has finally paid benefits.   :lol: :thumb:

Ken

johzel

« Reply #117 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:18 pm »
And they might have if it weren't for an interception.

Vintage Favre last night . . . Did Brad Childress and his Viking nation actually think they could flirt with the love of another franchise’s life without having to endure any of the heartbreak or disappointments that accompany his legacy - did they think Favre’s final pass of the 2010 season falling into the hands of the Saint’s Tracy Porter was a fluke?  Looks more and more like it's finally getting near the time for Brett to come "home" where his name and number will shine brightly alongside the ring of other Packer immortals high above the hallowed frozen tundra of Lambeau Field.  Although, seems as though recent events and the league investigation into his misbehavior (alleged at this point) may take a bit of that "shine" away . . . .  certainly not the best week in Brett's Favre's life . . .

cujobob

« Reply #118 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:27 pm »
Martz' system is great IMHO, but its not simple and not a system teams can fully utilize in one year.  The QB has to make smart decisions, but the upside is tremendous.  In Detroit, I loved watching it and really felt it was an asset...unfortunately, the defense was awful and the OL has been terrible for years.  You're not going to score much with bad players in any system.  The Bears have a lot of bad players.

launche

« Reply #119 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:02 pm »
Guys:

I think my team received a win as a gift from the Refs.  I guess we Steeler's Fans sending money to the Refs retirement fund has finally paid benefits.   :lol: :thumb:

Ken

Yes, they did.  That play stunk for Miami.  The DB made a great hit (not helmet to helmet like James Harrison probably would have while trying give the opposing  QB a concussion), three Miami players surrounding the fumble, one of them gets up with the ball after the skirmish and the ref says he can't tell who has the ball.

But Miami should have been up big early after forcing the turnovers but had to settle for FG's.  So as they say don't leave the game in the hands of the refs.