Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:34 pm »
Food!

Sipping cold ones with friends!

Eye Candy!

Then Let's watch,

some football!

This is all much more fun, folks, if you join the AC FFL.   Every game -- not just your team -- becomes meaningful.  It was a lot of fun for me last year and it was the first time I ever played in any fantasy league.  And you get to talk some smack with fellow ACer. :wink:  Come on down.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2010, 06:37 pm »
  It was a lot of fun for me last year and it was the first time I ever played in any fantasy league.  And you get to talk some smack with fellow ACer. ;)  Come on down.

Sure it was fun,,,,, you won!   :lol:

ebag4

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2010, 11:51 pm »
40 minutes and counting............

GO VIKES!!!!

twitch54

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2010, 12:08 am »
Great time of year.......Pennant races going on, start of football, fall colors, winter can't be far behind !

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2010, 12:09 am »
These guys are:

And our secret weapon, should it be needed, is this guy:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2010, 03:27 am »
Who Dat?

:D

Go Saints,
Jerry

gonefishin

« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2010, 03:52 am »
   Happy New Year!  ( a new football year :green:)

I know this is old news...but

Earlier today Tom Brady was involved in a vehicle accident. 

The driver of the van, that hit Brady, was sentenced to a 15 year sentence..........for roughing the passer   :duh:

does the NFL protect these quarterbacks too much or what?  :lol:

All seriousness, Brady was fine...hopefully the driver of the van ends up recovering from their injuries.

hooray football!

dan

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2010, 07:56 am »
Hrmmph.  I was ready for some football...too bad the Vikings weren't. :duh: :lol:

nunhgrader

« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2010, 01:21 pm »
Hey - check it out  - a repeat - Who Dat!

Just teasing Viking fans - we almost blew it last night :)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2010, 07:46 pm »
How much more can the Oakland Raiders suck? I mean, they are so bad at football they are going to replace the word 'suck' with 'Raider'.

Announcer 1: "And wow, Dan! Favrve gets sacked for the third time tonight!"

Announcer 2: "Yeah, Bob, their offensive line Raiders tonight, for sure."

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2010, 08:04 pm »
For those who aren't aware, there's a free preview of NFL Sunday Ticket for today's games.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #11 on: 12 Sep 2010, 08:24 pm »
Anybody see the Texans today?  Newbie Foster and Slayton in the backfield for Houston behind some seriously fine work by their offensive line went thru Indiana like two ba-zoo-kas!  Foster had 231 yards!  You shoulda seem em.  360 yards on the GROUND?  That's right, on the ground!  The Colts could get nuthin on the ground thanks to a fired up Houston defense causing Peyton to have to throw 60 times!  It was a killing.  Only the second time Houston has beaten them in 17 meetings.  See ya at the playoffs.

Sanders got hurt today and I hated to see that.  I love to watch that man hit.  And the Patriots with Wes Welker back kinda stomped Cincinnati.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #12 on: 12 Sep 2010, 08:34 pm »
Sanders must be the highest paid player in the NFL if you base it on time played.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 12 Sep 2010, 08:43 pm »
Sanders must be the highest paid player in the NFL if you base it on time played.
Yeah, but that hit he put on a freight train comin thru a hole in the Super Bowl with Chicago, Cedrick Benson, is a Hall of Fame take down.  Cleanest, most abrupt stop I ever saw.  Put him on right on his back and popped the ball out to boot. 

cujobob

« Reply #14 on: 12 Sep 2010, 09:00 pm »
Wow...Lions lost Stafford and had a win stolen from them in Chicago.  Calvin Johnson had the go-ahead TD with like 20 seconds left in the game and they made a ridiculous call that took it away.  Came down with the ball in both hands, took a step, then fell to the ground bracing himself with one arm and set the ball down...apparently all of that didn't count as posession?   :nono:  It was reviewed and could have easily been overturned and was not.

There was a pass interference on the next play(in the endzone) that didn't get called...so no makeup call, even.  The Lions didn't play the best (Chicago's offense put up nice stats, but really wasn't impressive at all) and overall...both teams were disappointing.  The Lions front four is pretty nice, at least...and the Bears did a good job of protecting their QB overall.  The Lions, however, did an awful job of protecting up front.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2010, 04:15 am »
Well, aren't those Cowboys special. 

On my list of things I'd like to see happan in the NFL this season first up was Houston beats Indy in the opener and I got that.  Also, I would like to see Vince Young and Chris Johnson of the Titans turn the ball over 4 times a game for the entire season.  I hope one of the Bengal's games is televised in my area so I can see Batman and Robin in action.  Like to see Seattle become a player in their conference.  The Redskins whup the Eagles and Dallas whup em all  :scratch:.  And Detroit to get out of the basement.  Oh, and Wes Welker stay healthy.  And last but not least, St. Louis start burnin some behinds.

How about those Texans?  Arian MF Foster!

fredgarvin

« Reply #16 on: 13 Sep 2010, 05:59 pm »
It's never a good idea to make firm judgements after the first game, BUT, once again we see how little the babbling experts on the toob actually know about the teams before the games are played. Seattle was supposed to be terrible and The Niners to win the division. HELLO!
Dallas and Washington looked helpless on offense, especially Dallas. HELLO!
Houston was said by the gloating experts to lack punch and can't finish. OK!
Campbell would be a new man in Oakland, he's not really bad. ARE YOU SURE?

Vince Young looked good, Michael Irvin sounded like a fool about him, though.

twitch54

« Reply #17 on: 13 Sep 2010, 06:27 pm »
How much more can the Oakland Raiders suck? I mean, they are so bad at football they are going to replace the word 'suck' with 'Raider'.

or 'Bills'...same thing !

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #18 on: 13 Sep 2010, 07:18 pm »
The Eagles lost the game, but found a quarterback, and it's not Kevin (corn on the) Kolb.  Micheal Vick showed what the team can do with a real player at the position.   But their season is over with the loss of center Jamaal Jackson and fullback Leonard Weaver.  The two players that could take the pressure off whoever is at quarterback for them will be out for the season.  With the way both Dallas and the Redskins played Sunday night they may have actually had a chance of taking the division in a decidedly off year for the NFC East, but not now.  Oh well, time to reload. Steelers anyone? 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #19 on: 13 Sep 2010, 10:42 pm »
Push comes to shove tonite.  Jets vs. Ravens.  Think the Jets will live up to their own hype?  Or, the Ravens shred em.  I'll take Ravens for no money.