Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #20 on: 14 Sep 2010, 12:55 am »
I tell the coverage or hype of the bad blood between Raven/Jets has been something else.  You would seriously think they is some real hate there and that there are going to be carnage on the field tonight.

jackman

« Reply #21 on: 14 Sep 2010, 12:52 pm »
Good game last night.  I have to admit, even though I was a fan of Rex's dad, Buddy, when he coached the Bears defense and I think Rex is a colorful guy, I'm happy the Ravens won last night.  The Jets have way too much attitude (IMO) for a team that has won nothing. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Jets like I hate the Vikings but I don't see how they can be cocky because they have nothing to be cocky about. 

Just my opinion,

J

launche

« Reply #22 on: 14 Sep 2010, 01:11 pm »
Good game.  I thought Flacco was out after that first double shot hit he took, wow.  Flacco played OK but you can see the potential of the offense if he can play smarter they are dangerous.  They do have pretty much all the weapons for a few years at least.

I don't mind cocky if you can back it up.  The Jets have too much going on right now and need to focus and now the little issue with the female reporter.  The Ravens are just as cocky and tough as they are.  The only points the Jets scored was off Ravens turnovers and even then were limited to field goals.  That Ravens Defense was something.  I don't know if Sanchez has it in him or maybe the Jets are holding him back.  Now the Jets have The Patriots to deal with and it does look good for them there either.

jackman

« Reply #23 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:09 pm »
Good game.  I thought Flacco was out after that first double shot hit he took, wow.  Flacco played OK but you can see the potential of the offense if he can play smarter they are dangerous.  They do have pretty much all the weapons for a few years at least.

I don't mind cocky if you can back it up.  The Jets have too much going on right now and need to focus and now the little issue with the female reporter.  The Ravens are just as cocky and tough as they are.  The only points the Jets scored was off Ravens turnovers and even then were limited to field goals.  That Ravens Defense was something.  I don't know if Sanchez has it in him or maybe the Jets are holding him back.  Now the Jets have The Patriots to deal with and it does look good for them there either.

I agree regarding Flacco.  He's got raw talent and lots of weapons but he needs to step it up if the Ravens expect to take it to the next level.  It took guts to shake off that hit.  Also, the Raven defense was on fire last night.  Ray Lewis' hit towards the end of the game was the best I have seen so far this year...ouch.

Although I'm a Bears fan and have pretty much seen every one of Brian Urlacher's games, he does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Ray Lewis.  Brian might be quicker and better at coverage and chasing down receivers and backs but Lewis is one of the meanest, hardest hitters to ever play the game. 

Over the years, I have become a HUGE Ray Lewis fan because of the way he plays the game (even though he may or may not have killed a guy with a champagne bottle in Atlanta a while ago).  Is there a badder dude than Ray Lewis (for the way he plays, not the killing part...)?  In terms of meanness and intensity, Lewis might be the closest thing to Dick Butkis (the greatest linebacker of his generation). 

launche

« Reply #24 on: 14 Sep 2010, 05:36 pm »
I agree Ray Lewis is a throwback player and he plays clean as far as I can tell.  Just damn intense, something to watch if you enjoy football.  I understand his history and the cloud there but from a smash mouth football marketing standpoint.  Give me Lewis over Manning and Brady etc.. any day. And as the world turns you even see over the last few years he's become much more marketable.  He talks the best trash in the league, makes Rex look like what he is... a coach. 

It was funny because Sanchez had a play were he scrambled and was running for a first down and slid before the marker.  The commentator was saying Sanchez has to know the moment and in that situation you've got to sellout and go for broke and get that first down.  But the reason Sanchez took that slide is because Ray Lewis was lining him up and Sanchez knew it.

CSI

« Reply #25 on: 14 Sep 2010, 06:04 pm »
"Are you ready for some FOOTBALL????????"

As a Chargers fan I have to say....apparently not!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #26 on: 15 Sep 2010, 02:01 am »
The Jets were terrible on offense.  First downs, yards gained, you name it.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #27 on: 19 Sep 2010, 11:50 pm »
What a day.  Farve had three picks and Minn is 02.  I thought Houston had given the game away about 3 times in the end with errant play calling.  They were lucky.  McNabb looked real good.  When was the last time Detroit scored 32 points in a game.  Was it this century?  Gettin hard for me to keep cheering for the Cowgirls, er, Cowboys.  Chicago looked good, better than good.  Their QB is coming on.  Haven't seen if the Patriots came back.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2010, 12:41 am »
No Brady magic today.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2010, 01:12 am »
No Brady magic today.

No Romo magic this season to date,,,, preseason included.  :roll:   :duh:

Bigfish

« Reply #30 on: 20 Sep 2010, 01:19 am »
I am a happy camper for the Steelers to be 2-0 without Big Ben.  Much of the media had them 0-4 until Ben returns.  I picked them to win last week and again today.  Yes, they have won ugly but all that counts is the final score. 

Go Steelers!

Ken

ratso

« Reply #31 on: 20 Sep 2010, 01:21 am »
bears look better than anyone hoped for, but if they don't fix the Oline damn soon cutler will fit in a teacup by the end of the season.

Bigfish

« Reply #32 on: 20 Sep 2010, 01:25 am »
bears look better than anyone hoped for, but if they don't fix the Oline damn soon cutler will fit in a teacup by the end of the season.

Hey, The Bears are 2-0 and I would be willing to bet the Vikings Fans would gladly trade records.  I could not believe the Vikes lost to the Dolphins today!

jackman

« Reply #33 on: 20 Sep 2010, 01:41 am »
So much for the experts so far.  The a
Bears are 2-0 and the Viqueens are winless. Plus Ol Brett looked really bad today (is he back on the drugs?).  Can a Bears fN ask for anything more?  I guess a win over the Pack on Monday night would be nice. 

Also it looks like Sanchez shows Ed a lot of heart against the Pats today.  Good on him. He seems like a nice young guy and the Jets fans now can have some hope for this season.

Cheers

J

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #34 on: 20 Sep 2010, 02:16 am »
Half way through the "Manning Bowl." Looks like Peyton is schooling little brother again.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #35 on: 20 Sep 2010, 03:35 pm »
Last year Cutler had a bad year for Chicago.  The announcers were sayin his O line couldn't keep the pressure off of him.  I hope he keeps it up.  He played fantastic and I know the fans appreciated it.  Hope they win that division.

Houston deserves a lot of credit for coming back in that game.  Foster is not a lateral or even a diagonal runner.  He is a slasher.  Washington must have stacked their defense for him cause with only a few exceptions he was pretty ineffective.  He was used as a receiver on occasion and can catch the ball.  That was creative.  Houston QB is an excellent passer.  If he wasn't, they would have lost that game.   But Houston needs to work their ground game.  When Foster is hitting the line fast his lineman don't have to hold blocks for very long.  Come on, coach!

Tennessee got smashed and I LOVE it!  Donovan McNabb played very good and I liked that :thumb:.  Pittsburg looked very good and has my respect and best wishes.  Seven turnovers they got in that game.  Dallas is in a fog.  I guess the owner needs to start coaching.  Hope that was a fluke New England losing to the Jets.  Not a Jets fan. 

On the NFL pre-game show, the one that's been around for years, not the new one on the NFL network, they had a little hip hop video of the Manning bros.  They had one the first week, too, but I don't rememmber what it was about.  Hey!  Ya'll need to watch for those.  Somebody is splicing together tapes to music and they are flat out genius!!!  Funny, too.

cujobob

« Reply #36 on: 20 Sep 2010, 04:04 pm »
Ray Lewis is the best LB I've ever seen play the game.  Urlacher is quite good...and at one time was a beast, but Lewis has done it year in and year out...always a game-changer.  It's tough to be a game-changing linebacker, but that's exactly what they are/were.

I watched the Lions/Eagles yesterday...Vick played quite well...and the Lions coverage downfield certainly played a part in that.  It's tough watching a defense where the linebackers' names are never called.  Top tackles for second straight week was a defensive linemen (SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Minnesota struggling doesn't surprise me...and Chicago can be a bit dangerous...I think getting consistent blocking for Cutler will prove to be a tough challenge as the season goes on.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #37 on: 20 Sep 2010, 06:13 pm »
The Colts are such professionals.  Manning is such a dependable leader and play maker.

All that fuss about Farve and Minnesota made us forget that he is 40, had a surgery late in the off season and didn't practice with the team.  Not to take anything away from Miami.  Think they are a much improved contender this year.  And Atlanta is starting to show up like what I had expected.  Those are good teams, not sure the same can be said for Carolina.  Thought they would be better comin out of the gate.  No soap.

Of course, the biggest head scratcher is the Pokes.  Romo showed the quality of his arm but where was the team?  Lookin forward to McNabb shreading his old team.  And from what I've seen so far, the Pokes ain't winning the division. 

Green Bay is stout.  Don't think Minn has a chance.

Agreed, Cujo, Lewis is a force.

soundbitten1

« Reply #38 on: 20 Sep 2010, 07:30 pm »
The NFC East doesn't look too strong this year, but it's still early.    :scratch:

jackman

« Reply #39 on: 20 Sep 2010, 11:00 pm »
Jim, I agree regarding Manning and the professionalism of the Colts. They looked very good yesterday. It's very hard for opponents to beat them on their home turf. 

Cutler had a great game yesterday. I'm not sure the protection was great, especially early in the game but the offense played well. It's great when guys like Hester actually catch the ball!  He had his best game ever as a receiver.

The Pack is still the team to beat but the Bears look like they are not going down without a fight.

Cheers

Jack