Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

jimdgoulding

Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #40 on: 26 Sep 2010, 05:32 pm »
Cowboys came out running.  That's what they need to do.  Went for it twice in fourth and one.  Houston got some pride in their defense, tho.  Stopped em.  Poor NY G'aints just crumbling early.  I see Tennessee hurtin em bad today.

(later) Great offensive drive by Dallas results in a TD.  Houston could get no pressure on Romo thanks to great offensive line play plus Houston's unwillingness to blitz.  An interesting stat appeared at the bottom of the page during the drive:  Dallas is 4th in total yards gained and 26th in points scored so far this season.  That says to me it was just a matter of time.  They're showing up today with better execution but still too many penalties.

End of half:  Dallas rocked in time of possession.  Their D is gettin Houston off the field.  Houston is inconsistent on offense and getting no pressure on Romo from the D.  They look a little shell shocked.

Wow.  Don't know why the Cowboys played so poorly the first two games but they are totally dominate today.  I said Houston was lucky to win their game with Washington.  They have a great back in Foster but I think they're play calling is real suspect.  Said that, too.  Their O line had success vs Indy cause everything was quick hitting. 

Boy, would I like to be seeing Atl at NO right now!
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2010, 07:52 pm by jimdgoulding »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #41 on: 26 Sep 2010, 07:52 pm »
Cowboys came out running.  That's what they need to do.  Went for it twice in fourth and one.  Houston got some pride in their defense, tho.  Stopped em.  Poor NY G'aints just crumbling early.  I see Tennessee hurtin em bad today.

(later) Great offensive drive by Dallas results in a TD.  Houston could get no pressure on Romo thanks to great offensive line play plus Houston's unwillingness to blitz.  An interesting stat appeared at the bottom of the page during the drive:  Dallas is 4th in total yards gained and 26th in points scored so far this season.  That says to me it was just a matter of time.  They're showing up today with better execution but still too many penalties.

End of half:  Dallas rocked in time of possession.  Their D is gettin Houston off the field.  Houston is inconsistent on offense and getting no pressure on Romo from the D.  They look a little shell shocked.

Wow.  Don't know why the Cowboys played so poorly the first two games but they are totally dominating today.  I said Houston was lucky to win their game with Washington.  They have a great back in Foster but I think they're play calling is real suspect.  Said that, too.  Their O line had success vs Indy cause everything was quick hitting. 

Boy, would I like to be seeing Atl at NO right now!

When it rains for Dallas, it pours. Hell even the field goal kicker hit a 40 & 48 yarder.  :lol:  As much as Dallas needed this win, Tony Romo needed it even more to bolster his sagging passing confidence. The "Boys" were able to establish the run game early on which gave Romo the time he needed to get his feet wet with the pass. It was a mighty big win for America's Team!  :dance:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #42 on: 26 Sep 2010, 07:56 pm »
Hittin on all 12 cylinders they are today.  Nicely done.  The good news now, Robin, is where they are likely going from here  :eyebrows:.  You see that post game pep talk from Phillips?   :sleep:

Kansas City has gotten a lot better and Buffalo can score some points.  Thirty against NE.  Thirty last week too, wadn't it?  Damn.

Bigfish

« Reply #43 on: 26 Sep 2010, 11:12 pm »
In my wildest dreams there was no way I could picture The Steelers starting the season 3-0 without Big Ben.  Yes, it is still early in the season but historically 75% of the teams that start 3-0 make the playoffs.  Next week will be a heck of a challenge but at least we are home and it should not be near 100 degrees. 

Go Steelers!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #44 on: 27 Sep 2010, 12:26 am »
In my wildest dreams there was no way I could picture The Steelers starting the season 3-0 without Big Ben.  Yes, it is still early in the season but historically 75% of the teams that start 3-0 make the playoffs.  Next week will be a heck of a challenge but at least we are home and it should not be near 100 degrees. 

Go Steelers!

Maybe the fact that "Big Ben" is no longer a team captain has something to do with the team's momentum? Removing continuing bad karma can sometimes be a good thing for a team but stilll, it should be interesting to see what direction this team goes in when Roethlisberger returns. Does he return as starting quarterback, do the Steelers continue their winning ways? Should be interesting,,,,,,,  :o

Kansas City Chiefs at 3-0 are heading to the playoffs??? Or are they that other 25%?  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Bigfish

« Reply #45 on: 27 Sep 2010, 12:51 am »
Kansas City Chiefs at 3-0 are heading to the playoffs??? Or are they that other 25%?

Hard to make any predictions at this point but all other AFC West Teams are 1-2.  I think KC is going to be a tough football team because they have excellent coaching!

When Big Ben gets back to the Steelers I hope they will remain committed to the run!

Ken

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #46 on: 27 Sep 2010, 12:56 am »
How bout some love for the Colts? That goal line stand was really something for a team with no run defense.

jackman

« Reply #47 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:29 am »
Robin, you have to be joking. The Steelers are off to a great start and although I'm  not a fan of his personal choices, the Steelers are much better with Ben.

This is a fun year so far. The cowgirls and viqueens, my two least favorite teams have
Major issues and the Bears are undefeted so far.  No one in Chicago believes the Bears will finish the season undefeted and most experts are picking the Pack tomorrow night but who really knows.  I hope they kick some cheeseland butt tomorrow night.

Also, the Colts looked pretty good today. Whars up with the Pats?  Giving up 30 points to the lowly Bills.?  Redskins losing to the Rams?  KC 3-0? This is why I don't gamble!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #48 on: 27 Sep 2010, 04:00 pm »
Got to see the end of the Atlanta/New Orleans game and just watched Sunday's highlights on the tube.  Wow!

Poor San Francisco.  Looked like the worst performance of any team on Sunday.  How about those Seahawks!  Got a lotta respect for Pittsburg and Philadelphia has found an exciting QB.  And how about those Cowboys!  I hadn't bought into the Houston bandwagon after watching the game with the Redskins a week ago so that was no shocker to me.  But the excellence(!) of the Pokes got to have you Pokes haters worrying.  Bloody good for Atlanta.  And the Jets for another convincing win.  That one did surprise me.  Tomlinson was a good acquisition.  He sure didn't play like that for San Diego his last two seasons there.  Gave him a chip on his shoulder.  Good to see Seattle get their hat in the ring.  Buffalo deserves to win next time.  Who's playin tonite?  It probably won't be boring.  There's somethin in the air!

Bigfish

« Reply #49 on: 27 Sep 2010, 04:16 pm »
Tonight is a classic NFC North Division match-up!  Bears vs. The Packers!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #50 on: 27 Sep 2010, 05:21 pm »
Oouu, not shabby.  The best teams in their division.  Thanks.  Pittsburg sure lookin good!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #51 on: 27 Sep 2010, 05:44 pm »

Yep, I hope they beat each other up good,,,  real good.  :lol:   But in the end, I'm hoping the Packers make bearhead cheese for the Chicago fans to eat.  :green:

Cheers,
Robin

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #52 on: 27 Sep 2010, 06:49 pm »
Why no love for my Brownies??   :lol:  My God, they've been back since 1999; you'd think we could've rebuilt 3 times by then.  I mean, look at the Saints, the Dolphins, hell anyone who was languishing in last place for awhile.  In most cases, the draft works...but not here in C-town!!  Maybe we found a decent enough (read: doesn't make huge mistakes) QB, and a running back.  Hillis looked awfully good against a strong Ravens run defense, but what do I know.  This city's sports history is a real depressing situation.    :bawl:

Bigfish

« Reply #53 on: 28 Sep 2010, 03:13 pm »
Why no love for my Brownies??   :lol:  My God, they've been back since 1999; you'd think we could've rebuilt 3 times by then.  I mean, look at the Saints, the Dolphins, hell anyone who was languishing in last place for awhile.  In most cases, the draft works...but not here in C-town!!  Maybe we found a decent enough (read: doesn't make huge mistakes) QB, and a running back.  Hillis looked awfully good against a strong Ravens run defense, but what do I know.  This city's sports history is a real depressing situation.    :bawl:

Ted:

I believe the Browns have turned the corner and will become a very competitive team.  You could be a fan of the Panthers, like my son, and be watching ownership just kill the team.  No, I think you Brown's Fans have suffered long enough and are due for better times!  Just don't beat my Steelers. 

Ken

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #54 on: 28 Sep 2010, 03:24 pm »
Ted:

I believe the Browns have turned the corner and will become a very competitive team.  You could be a fan of the Panthers, like my son, and be watching ownership just kill the team.  No, I think you Brown's Fans have suffered long enough and are due for better times!  Just don't beat my Steelers. 

Ken

Ken,
Hey.  Based on what I've seen so far this year the Steelers won't have to worry about the Browns yet.  I agree that they've improved the talent, but they're still so damn immature, one dimensional on offense, and error-prone.  I think they will beat someone they aren't supposed to, but on the way to a dismal 5-11 season doesn't help the pysche. 

Your comment about ownership is actually a subtext here in Cleveland.  Randy Lerner took over after his dad's passing, and hasn't a clue.  He is more interested in his English soccer team he owns.  The only good news there is that he had a gestalt one night and called Mike Holmgren.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #55 on: 28 Sep 2010, 03:25 pm »
DA BEARSSSS,   :thumb:

ratso

« Reply #56 on: 28 Sep 2010, 03:51 pm »
i think green bay lost that game more than the bears won it. will give them credit though, they're better that i think most people had a right to hope for. and we have a quarterback for the first time since the industrial revolution  :roll:

jackman

« Reply #57 on: 28 Sep 2010, 09:52 pm »
i think green bay lost that game more than the bears won it. will give them credit though, they're better that i think most people had a right to hope for. and we have a quarterback for the first time since the industrial revolution  :roll:

Wrong!  The Bears won that game and sent the cheeseheads packing.  The defense was hitting people hard and Peppers is monster. Look out Giants next Sunday. I will be there to watch the   Bears kick butt.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #58 on: 28 Sep 2010, 10:05 pm »
Wrong!  The Bears won that game and sent the cheeseheads packing.  The defense was hitting people hard and Peppers is monster. Look out Giants next Sunday. I will be there to watch the   Bears kick butt.
You right about Peppers!  The thing that concerns me about the Bears is the slowness of their QB.  No wonder Martz is trying to teach him to get rid of the ball earlier.  In the time it takes for him to drop back let alone set his feet, the defenders are already slipping past the O line and headed into the backfield. 

New England at Miami ought to produce some fireworks next Sunday.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #59 on: 28 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm »
Speaking of getting rid of the ball early, I am very impressed by the Jet's Sanchez doing just that.  Even when he didn't have to, the ball was released sometimes before the target had even made his break.  One on one, no way a defender gets there in time.  He knows his playbook and has a quick mind.