Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #60 on: 28 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm »
i think green bay lost that game more than the bears won it. will give them credit though, they're better that i think most people had a right to hope for. and we have a quarterback for the first time since the industrial revolution  :roll:

I agree!  Although the Bears did play very well and are an improved team, the Packers gave Hester 14 points on a TD and another virtual TD.  Leave everything else the same, GB's ineffectiveness in the Red Z, their multitude of penalties, the blown interceptions, the stupid clock management at the end of the game, and they still win by 11 without those two dumb plays on special teams.  So taking nothing away from the Bears fine effort on both sides of the ball, they absolutely took advantage of GB's blunders and won the game, one has to say GB lost the game more than the Bears won it.  Although I lost that pick in my pool, I would take GB again if they were playing tonite.   

jimdgoulding

« Reply #61 on: 28 Sep 2010, 11:17 pm »
I agree!  Although the Bears did play very well and are an improved team, the Packers gave Hester 14 points on a TD and another virtual TD.  Leave everything else the same, GB's ineffectiveness in the Red Z, their multitude of penalties, the blown interceptions, the stupid clock management at the end of the game, and they still win by 11 without those two dumb plays on special teams.  So taking nothing away from the Bears fine effort on both sides of the ball, they absolutely took advantage of GB's blunders and won the game, one has to say GB lost the game more than the Bears won it.  Although I lost that pick in my pool, I would take GB again if they were playing tonite.   
Gotta admit, I would, too.  Think GB will prove to be formidable as the season progresses.  This loss may help them more than hurt.  Same for Dallas.

Bigfish

« Reply #62 on: 29 Sep 2010, 12:27 am »
I watched the game last night and as a pro football fan I found it to be a great game.  Congratulations Bears Fans, A win is a win!  Packers fans, you definitely have one of the leagues top five quarterbacks.  My list of top quarterbacks is:  1. Peyton Manning, 2. Tom Brady, 3. Drew Brees, 4. Aaron Rogers, 5. Maybe Phillip Rivers?

More exciting games coming this weekend!

Ken

Bigfish

« Reply #63 on: 1 Oct 2010, 12:44 pm »
Hey Baltimore Fans, I am hoping for another one of our classic battles this Sunday and of course also hoping (note I said hoping, not planning on) a Steeler Victory!  I expect it to be the best game of the weekend.  I believe they did not place the game in a 4:00PM or evening start because no one believed it would be much of a game without Big Ben. 

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #64 on: 3 Oct 2010, 05:04 pm »
Are you ready for some FOOT-BALLL?  Some really interesting match-ups today!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #65 on: 3 Oct 2010, 05:11 pm »
Are you ready for some FOOT-BALLL?  Some really interesting match-ups today!

Nope,,,, Dallas has a Bye this weekend.  :cry:  Everything else today is just filler.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #66 on: 3 Oct 2010, 05:18 pm »

Nope,,,, Dallas has a Bye this weekend.  :cry:  Everything else today is just filler.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Dallas' season will be filler - get used to it.

Unfortunately, my team (Giants) isn't exactly going anywhere either.

George

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #67 on: 3 Oct 2010, 05:22 pm »

George

I'm glad you added that 2nd sentence George,,,, even tho it did deaden my reply.  :lol:   It's actually too early to count out either team,,, shit happens ya'know.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #68 on: 3 Oct 2010, 05:24 pm »

I'm glad you added that 2nd sentence George,,,, even tho it did deaden my reply.  :lol:   It's actually too early to count out either team,,, shit happens ya'know.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

You are right...but neither team is showing very much to make one feel optimistic.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #69 on: 3 Oct 2010, 05:37 pm »

George

Your fist line.   Anybody But Cowboys

Your second.  I know.   :duh:  I'm just hoping the Yanks can pull it off.   :D

jimdgoulding

« Reply #70 on: 3 Oct 2010, 11:33 pm »
Oh, isn't that too bad about Tennessee losing to Denver. :thumb:   
The surprise of the day had to be Jacksonville beating Indy.  Washington made me happy and their QB, too, I imagine.  Clinton Portis played his ass off in that game.  And the Philly fans showed some class.  Why did certain members in the media think they wouldn't?  Members is right.
Cleveland won, for a change.  My Texans survived.  St. Louis won!  Pittsburg shouldn't feel badly.  The seasons just starting and they're 3-1 w/o their main QB.  Arizona got kilt by San Diego.
Good Sunday football.  Wouldn't surprise me much if Miami whups NE on Monday.  I'll take em to.   :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #71 on: 3 Oct 2010, 11:47 pm »
Dallas had the best case scenario happen during their Bye week, Washington beat Philly who had Michael Vick bruise his ribs during that game. IF the Giants win tonites game, there will be a 3 way tie for 1st place in the NFC East with Dallas only 1 game back in the win column. BUT,,,,,

Go Bears!  :eyebrows:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #72 on: 3 Oct 2010, 11:57 pm »
Dallas had the best case scenario happen during their Bye week, Washington beat Philly who had Michael Vick bruise his ribs during that game. IF the Giants win tonites game, there will be a 3 way tie for 1st place in the NFC East with Dallas only 1 game back in the win column. BUT,,,,,

Go Bears!  :eyebrows:

Cheers,
Robin
But you don't think the Giants are gonna win tonite, do ya?

ratso

« Reply #73 on: 4 Oct 2010, 12:26 am »
let's see how the bears look tonight. looks to be a real trap game.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #74 on: 4 Oct 2010, 12:52 am »
But you don't think the Giants are gonna win tonite, do ya?

Well Jim, if the Giants lose tonite, they'll be in the cellar instead of Dallas.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

ratso

« Reply #75 on: 4 Oct 2010, 01:25 am »
(covering eyes in embarrassment)  :oops:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #76 on: 4 Oct 2010, 03:35 am »
Oh, is that for me?  I deserve it.  Good for NY for getting after Cutler.  Didn't I say that his slowness off the snap is a liability?  Martz needs to calculate that into his play calling.  Good for NY for exploiting that.  Three points?  Are we woke up yet?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #77 on: 4 Oct 2010, 04:14 am »
Just saw the highlights, hadn't seen the game.  Of course, my favorite part of the highlights was the Titans (of what?) gettin their ass kicked.  Chris Johnson is one dangerous dude, tho.  The G'men looked awesome and I hope they are a contender now, up to a point.   

jackman

« Reply #78 on: 4 Oct 2010, 12:49 pm »
Oh, is that for me?  I deserve it.  Good for NY for getting after Cutler.  Didn't I say that his slowness off the snap is a liability?  Martz needs to calculate that into his play calling.  Good for NY for exploiting that.  Three points?  Are we woke up yet?

I was at the game last night. Before I forget, the new stadium was great and although I lost a few bucks on the bets I made in the game, it was fun tailgating with my NY friends before the game.

I have to disagree with you about Cutler. He is fairly athletic but Michael Vick in his prime would have struggled with the Bears o-line last night. There were guys in cutler's face on every play. The offensive line completely caved and performed as poorly as I has ever seen.

I love NY, my customer had a great time and the stadium, as I said, was really nice. The stuff happening on the field was another story. The Giants did not look good.  For as bad as the bears played, NY shoul have wine by three or four td's. Both teams

jackman

« Reply #79 on: 4 Oct 2010, 12:58 pm »
Sorry my iPhone will not let me add to the last post. I was going to add that last night's game was the most boring I have ever seen. Neither tram looked good.

Everyone used to say the same slow footed stuff
about Rodgers and he seems to do pretty well. Cutler is more athletic than several top qb's (both Manning bros, big Ben, Brett Favre, etc) or at least as athletic. The gam was lost because the bears can't protect their qb and they have lousy receivers. Hester should have caught that long ball he dropped in the first quarter. H