Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

Bigfish

Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #80 on: 4 Oct 2010, 02:50 pm »
What an interesting weekend of football!  Congratulations to the fans of the teams that won.  Unfortunately, the football gods did not smile on my Steelers this weekend but I am still happy to be 3 and 1. 

If there is a clear-cut, dominant team I don't know which team that is.  Maybe a team will get cranking on all cylinders and become dominant but to me it looks like it is going to be an exciting year!

Ken

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #81 on: 4 Oct 2010, 03:13 pm »
We beat the Cincy kitties for you, Ken.  Let me know what else we can do.  :)

jimdgoulding

« Reply #82 on: 6 Oct 2010, 09:15 pm »
You've heard by now, Brett Farve has a new wide out.  The Vikings have a tough schedule in the near future but maybe Randy Moss will help them.  I wish him and the team the best against the Jets this week.  Don't think he'll be lonely off the line of scimmage, however.  We shall see. :thumb:

Big Ben back this week, too. :thumb:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #83 on: 7 Oct 2010, 12:34 pm »
The 'boys vs. the Titans.  Trent Green was on the tube today and said when the Titans have had to face 8 men in the box on defense, Chris Johnson has had under 100 yard games and Young's completion percentage is down 20 points.  Think I'll take the Pokes.

I'm hoping the addition of Moss at Minnesota will snap Farve to attention (it should) and, IMO, think it's a great move for the team and the fans.

Bigfish

« Reply #84 on: 7 Oct 2010, 12:54 pm »
I'm hoping the addition of Moss at Minnesota will snap Farve to attention (it should) and, IMO, think it's a great move for the team and the fans.

My hats is off to the Vikings as they are not hiding from the fact they are bound for the Superbowl or bust. 

Randy Moss will make an immediate impact on the Vikings and will give Rebis headaches thinking about having to face him again on Monday Night.  Rebis, in my humble opinion, needs to keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his job. 

When the Vikings get Rice back with Randy Moss this team will be an offensive headache for any defense. 

Good luck Vikings!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #85 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:27 am »
I had the Jets, definitely, but if Farve had managed to lead Moss a yard better than he did on more than one occasion, we're potentially lookin at a different outcome.  Nevertheless, what an exciting game and what a 4th quarter!!  Good defense when they needed it by the Jets!  Rex Ryan is the man ( Cromarti on Moss, just one example)!

Think the Oilers were exposed.  Sheeet.  They were defensed very nicely by the Giants.  So, come on, New York!

5 stars for Detroit. 

Something is intrinsically wrong with the Cowboys.  The hype?  The stadium?  Their owner?  Where is the run game?  Anti-climantic for them.

Arizona?  Say what? 
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2010, 10:43 pm by jimdgoulding »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #86 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:59 am »
Something is intrinsically wrong with the Cowboys.  The hype?  The stadium?  Their owner?  Where is the run game?  Anti-climantic for them.

Yep, they don't seem to have the discipline or the heart of the teams from the Landry years.  I've been a fan since the Meredith days, but this team seems to just not get it.  And what the hell is there to celebrate about a first down or even a touchdown? The only thing to celebrate is a victory, and only after the last second ticks off the clock and there are no flags on the field.  The lack of concentration and sense of purpose is beginning to become a recurring theme of the Phillips/Garret/Jones led team.  There is a lot of ink in the papers today about the end of the Phillips era, but everyone knows that the problem starts with the GM/owner. 
Who would have predicted that the Cowboys/Vikings game next week would feature two 1-3 teams?

twitch54

« Reply #87 on: 12 Oct 2010, 02:14 pm »
When the Vikings get Rice back with Randy Moss this team will be an offensive headache for any defense. 

Good luck Vikings!

You're assuming Bret can keep his zipper up ! ...... LOL !!!

jackman

« Reply #88 on: 12 Oct 2010, 02:35 pm »
You're assuming Bret can keep his zipper up ! ...... LOL !!!

Ol Brett could be in serious trouble over this one. Hopefully they won't ask that reporter to pick his wrinkled pecker out of a lineup! 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #89 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:49 pm »
As was pointed out on ESPN today, the NFC East is not out of the Cowboy's reach as of yet but will likely be if they lose to Minnesota.  Interesting to see what kinda game plan they will bring to the party.  Don't think Minnesota needs a win as bad as Dallas.  Well, I guess they do to lookin at their schedule.  Might be a barn burner!

The lady will probably get some of Brett's money under the table and that's as far as it will go.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #90 on: 16 Oct 2010, 07:49 pm »
Saw a clip on the telly where QB Romo was talkin about the loss and the upcoming game with the Vikes and he said "the team (offense) knows what I expect from them . ."  What?!  Knows what you expect from them?!  Wonder what the players think about that statement.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #91 on: 16 Oct 2010, 07:55 pm »
Saw a clip on the telly where QB Romo was talkin about the loss and the upcoming game with the Vikes and he said "the team (offense) knows what I expect from them . ."  What?!  Knows what you expect from them?!  Wonder what the players think about that statement.

Maybe a little less showboatin' in the endzone was what Romo was alluding too? Sure as hell couldn't hurt,,,,  :duh:

Cheers,
Robin

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #92 on: 20 Oct 2010, 08:24 pm »
Are you ready for some hefty fines and suspensions?
It looks like a line is being drawn, a vague one but still a line.
It's all setting up for a potential lock out.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #93 on: 20 Oct 2010, 10:17 pm »
Lots of brutal head hits this past Sunday.  Uncalled for unless the object is to disable a player or maybe it's just to cause a player to give up the ball.  Regardless, I don't think it's worth the risk to the hitter or the hittee tho some players do, obviously.  Suspending a guilty player should work.  Sitting down a starter should get owner's involved.  They want to win games and a starter being benched by the league could potentially hurt the season at hand not to mention that a starter is not earning what he is getting paid warming a bench.  Odd thing, I can't recall anybody getting flagged for that.  Is it technically not a penalty? 

Glad my Texan's won but that pass interference call against the Chiefs that got them the ball back was doo-doo to the utterist.

Boy, New Orleans had their shit together!

St. Louis, too!  Glad to see it.  Hoping for more.

The Giants are playing beautifully but I'm thinkin The 'Boys will take em.  This is the game where they don't blow it. 

Deion Branch just rocked!  Made me glad.  Thought that was a game the Ravens would win especially when they got a two touchdown lead.  Brady rocked.

Bigfish

« Reply #94 on: 21 Oct 2010, 12:23 am »
I listened to John Madden talk about the new anti leading with the helmet rules this afternoon.  He claimed the rules will only apply to defenseless quarterbacks and receivers.  It does not apply to running backs. 

I love NFL Football and I don't want to see the rules slanted even greater toward the offense.  I am from the school that believes it takes a great defense to win championships!  However, I do not want to see any player carted off a field and potentially injured for life because another player tried to spear him with a helmet.  While I really don't like the rule changes I believe the NFL has to place a premium on safety. 

Another interesting comment made by Madden is he feels the receivers and defensive backs should be required to wear pads.  Most now only wear a light set of shoulder pads and a helmet.

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #95 on: 21 Oct 2010, 01:34 am »
Those guys can and will still play great defense.  You don't have head drill a guy to do that.  They're looking to do more than play good defense. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #96 on: 21 Oct 2010, 02:07 am »
One solution would be to take away the helmets entirely.  At first blush that might sound nutty but a lot of doctors and sports medicine experts think it would result in less injuries, not more.  Just look at those rugby guys- they're not all bundled up like the Michelin Man, yet they survive.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #97 on: 21 Oct 2010, 02:08 am »

The Giants are playing beautifully but I'm thinkin The 'Boys will take em.  This is the game where they don't blow it. 

The Cowgirls are the walking dead and the G-men will take advantage of that and score a victory!!

George

Bigfish

« Reply #98 on: 21 Oct 2010, 02:13 am »
The Cowgirls are the walking dead and the G-men will take advantage of that and score a victory!!

George

The Cowboys are a talent loaded team but I am picking the Giants to whip up on them!  I believe Jerry Jones needs to hire a real Football General Manger and retire himself to the owner's booth.

Ken

TomS

« Reply #99 on: 21 Oct 2010, 02:18 am »
... I believe Jerry Jones needs to hire a real Football General Manger and retire himself to the owner's booth.

Ken
And a bunch of piggies will be sailing through the air  :lol: