Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????????
« Reply #140 on: 26 Oct 2010, 02:01 pm »
Back against the wall???   :scratch: 

With Romo, the Cowboys were done after getting crushed tonight by the Giants.  Without Romo, it is beyond over.

George

Agreed.

soundbitten1

« Reply #141 on: 26 Oct 2010, 06:38 pm »
I'm never impressed with a team that gives up 35 points.

How about one that knocks out 4 quarterbacks in as many weeks?    :)

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/26/2575657/new-york-wins-another-decision.html

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #142 on: 26 Oct 2010, 07:16 pm »
How about one that knocks out 4 quarterbacks in as many weeks?    :)

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/26/2575657/new-york-wins-another-decision.html

And more importantly, has won 4 straight.

No points for style.

George

jimdgoulding

« Reply #143 on: 26 Oct 2010, 07:20 pm »
I'm never impressed with a team that gives up 35 points.
Oh yeah, forgot about that part.  Didn't see much of it.  Had retired to the tune room.  What an odd game that was.  Stadium filled with Cowboys enthusiam and atmosphere.  My TV was blaze-in with it.  Cowboys smokin hot.  And within 10 minutes or so, flipflop.  Had to give NY credit.  They were the reason.

Bigfish

« Reply #144 on: 26 Oct 2010, 08:46 pm »
And more importantly, has won 4 straight.

No points for style.

George

George:

The season is moving along and the schedules are starting to shake out the contenders from the pretenders.  It appears the Giants are the team to beat in the NFC East and quite possibly one of the best teams in the NFC.  I am glad the Steelers do not have to play them this year! :thumb:

The picture in the AFC is a not as clear, at least to me it is not.  In the East you have the Jets and Patriots.  In the North there are the Steelers and The Ravens.  In the South you have three teams in the running with the Titans, Texans and Colts.  In the West it is looking like the Chiefs may be for real - who knows. 

Ken

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #145 on: 31 Oct 2010, 07:36 pm »
Wow, Jerry Jones must be kinda' pissed, huh?  :lol:

Man, the Cowboys suck.  :thumb:

Go Saints,
Jerry

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #146 on: 31 Oct 2010, 07:46 pm »
Wow.  The Cowboys truly do suck (and even us fans have to admit it), and the Rangers are in the World Series.  Hell has absolutely, totally, completely frozen over.  I think I'll call up Barbara Schnell, that I was so in love with in high school.  Maybe I'll get lucky.  Wives don't read these post do they?

Bigfish

« Reply #147 on: 31 Oct 2010, 07:49 pm »
Wow, Jerry Jones must be kinda' pissed, huh?  :lol:

Man, the Cowboys suck.  :thumb:

Go Saints,
Jerry

If Jerry Jones wants a championship team he needs to hire a General Manger and retire himself to the Owner's Box.  All you have to do is look at the Chief's Organization to see what happens when you hire football people to run the team.  The Cowboy's have way too much talent to have this record and to be playing so poorly.

Go Steelers!

Ken

S Clark

« Reply #148 on: 31 Oct 2010, 08:01 pm »
If Jerry Jones wants a championship team he needs to hire a General Manger and retire himself to the Owner's Box.  All you have to do is look at the Chief's Organization to see what happens when you hire football people to run the team.  The Cowboy's have way too much talent to have this record and to be playing so poorly.

Go Steelers!

Ken
Well, Duhhh.  Jerrah's hate/ hate relationship with his fans goes back to firing Landry in the press- can you believe that a HOF coach didn't even get a freakin' phone call!!!  But the day that Jerrah actually steps down is the day that I really will really get incredibly lucky. Fans can only hope for Jerrah "retirement".
But "Geaux Steelers" just has a bad taste for us old Plowboy fans, hell I can't even forgive Jerry Kramer from the Packers nearly 40 years later!  You guys go ahead and win another SB. You are playing pretty dm good football.  Hat's off to you. 

Bigfish

« Reply #149 on: 31 Oct 2010, 08:17 pm »
Well, Duhhh.  Jerrah's hate/ hate relationship with his fans goes back to firing Landry in the press- can you believe that a HOF coach didn't even get a freakin' phone call!!!  But the day that Jerrah actually steps down is the day that I really will really get incredibly lucky. Fans can only hope for Jerrah "retirement".
But "Geaux Steelers" just has a bad taste for us old Plowboy fans, hell I can't even forgive Jerry Kramer from the Packers nearly 40 years later!  You guys go ahead and win another SB. You are playing pretty dm good football.  Hat's off to you. 

I spend quite a bit of time in the car listening to Sirius NFL Radio.  There are several hosts on Sirius as well as many Cowboy Fans that believe Jerry may have too much control over the day to day decisions.   I personally think he can be an active owner, like Bob Kraft of the Patriots, but he needs the right folks to run the football operations. 

I am totally shocked at the way the Cowboys have performed this year.  Preseason, I expected Dallas and New York to battle to the wire for the NFC East title.  I just don't think it is a case of not having the level of talent on the field. 

Tonight will be a big test for The Steelers.  Many folks are expecting The Saints to kick their butts.  I hope that will not be the case!

Ken

S Clark

« Reply #150 on: 31 Oct 2010, 08:19 pm »
Nobody kicks butt against a good defensive team, and the Steelers are a good defensive team!
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2010, 11:57 pm by S Clark »

twitch54

« Reply #151 on: 31 Oct 2010, 10:48 pm »
Cowgirls don't have to worry........even the Bills are worse ! poor buggars lose two overtime games in a row......ahhhh the Bflo curse continues......

Freo-1

« Reply #152 on: 31 Oct 2010, 11:46 pm »
How about them Lions!!!

Beat the Redskins TWO years in a row.  (How cool is that!).  I was in Northern VA last year after the Skins lost to the Lions, and man, you would have thought it was a disaster that occured.   :green:

I can just imagine the talk radio this week down in VA. 

Think the Lions are FINALLY starting to turn the cornar.

Bigfish

« Reply #153 on: 31 Oct 2010, 11:57 pm »
Many football talking heads in the media predicted that Mike Shanahan would make instant champs out of Washington.  I personally believe there is a reason he is no longer coaching in Denver.  If Washington cannot win this year with Shanahan and McNabb what do Redskin fans have to look forward to next year.  McNabb will not be any younger!

Ken

jackman

« Reply #154 on: 1 Nov 2010, 12:13 am »
Many football talking heads in the media predicted that Mike Shanahan would make instant champs out of Washington.  I personally believe there is a reason he is no longer coaching in Denver.  If Washington cannot win this year with Shanahan and McNabb what do Redskin fans have to look forward to next year.  McNabb will not be any younger!

Ken

I don't know what happened but McNabb has really looked bad this year.  Although he won against the Bears, he made some REALLY bad mistakes and ill-advised throws.  For a vet, he looked like a rookie.  This is a strange year.  The Jets looked pretty good at times and very bad against the Pack today.  The Vikings have been playing poorly.  Even the Colts and Pats have lost some games they would have won in the past. 

Maybe this is what the league wanted when they pushed for parity.  If Troy P comes back strong, the Steelers are the team to beat, IMO.  The Giants are also starting to step up but I'm hesitant to say they are a real contender because they have also looked very bad and it's still early in the season.

If this is how it's going to be, I hope there are several teams in contention at the close of the season.  Either way, I don't think one of those teams will be wearing blue and orange.  That's one of the only things I'm fairly certain about.   :roll:

TomS

« Reply #155 on: 1 Nov 2010, 01:23 am »
Steelers & Saints shaping up to be a great game already.  Defense, defense, defense...

twitch54

« Reply #156 on: 2 Nov 2010, 12:56 pm »
Maybe this is what the league wanted when they pushed for parity.

Trouble is they got mediocrity instead ! It drives me nuts to see these million dollar PIA celebrating over some as simple as a tackle or a touchdown.............where's Jim Brown when we need him !!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #157 on: 8 Nov 2010, 09:03 pm »
Dang!  Cleveland for real?  Jerry Jones gonna clean house?  Sounds like it.  Maybe he'll stock up on draft picks and rebuild.  He sure has to do something.  Looks like San Diego will take the AFC West after all or maybe it'll be Oakland!  Oakland?  Wha happened to Denver?  They starting Tebow?  All the other rookie QB's are takin the snaps and are winning games.  Check out St. Louis and Cleveland.  Brilliant move the Titans takin Moss.  If he draws double coverage that's fewer guys on the line of scrimmage.  The Titans are for real.  The old man in Minnesota had a stellar 400+ yards with NO incompletions I think I heard.  Dang!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?????
« Reply #158 on: 8 Nov 2010, 09:07 pm »
Dallas Cowboy's Jerry Jones fires Wade Phillips,,, FINALLY! 

It might not help the hapless Cowboys but it sure as hell can't hurt them at this point in their 1 win season.  :duh:

Cheers,
Robin (a Dallas Cowboy fan forever!)  8)

jimdgoulding

« Reply #159 on: 8 Nov 2010, 09:11 pm »
I got the feeling that if the team doesn't start pullin it together a bunch of players will be traded.  Phillips needed to go, absolutely, and now.  I think Jones has made a statement with this.  Gets my approval.