American Idol 2007.

Cacophonix

Re: American Idol 2007.
« Reply #100 on: 6 Apr 2007, 01:41 pm »
Once this thing gets to the last 5 contestants, I think these kinds of vote-for-the-worst efforts will lose their effectiveness.  Of the approximately 33million votes on American Idol, how many of those can actually be people just voting for the worst?

Exactly, like i mentioned earlier, we have underestimated his support. Maybe he does have his share of fanatical fans who actually believe in him. But i don't see him moving past top 5. Jordin, Melinda and Lakisha are way too good.

AI is just a personality contest and people who are upset largely think of this show as a singing competition. Past seasons have also pointed this out - best singers don't necessarily win.

The_KiD

« Reply #101 on: 6 Apr 2007, 02:05 pm »

There are other powers at work here. www.votefortheworst.com and Howard Stern have convinced people to vote for the worst which is obviously Sangina. It has become a challenge to vote him into the final rounds of AI and it is clearly working.

Once this thing gets to the last 5 contestants, I think these kinds of vote-for-the-worst efforts will lose their effectiveness.  Of the approximately 33million votes on American Idol, how many of those can actually be people just voting for the worst?

I hope you are right but this vote for the worst thing is gaining momentum every week.. Should be interesting..

Cheers,

KiD

Wind Chaser

« Reply #102 on: 6 Apr 2007, 02:31 pm »
Since it really is an election of sorts, it would be nice if they posted the voting results.  Perhaps the one of the reasons why they don't is because we could see the contrast between the amount of free votes and the ones that cost money.  Little teens might be forced to show some restraint with the speed dial if they were charged $1 every time they cast a vote.

PhilNYC

« Reply #103 on: 6 Apr 2007, 02:59 pm »
At least this week on the results show, they grouped the singers into "Top 3", "Middle 3", and "Bottom 3"...so there's some hint of the rankings...

kbuzz3

« Reply #104 on: 6 Apr 2007, 05:15 pm »
in continuing i cant believe im posting about this show here goes. Unless the AI producers show some kind of voting transpancery, can we assume the votes are manipulated for ratings.  LEts see some middle age white guy (like me) show up from one of the accounting firms and verify the vote like they try and do on the other award shows.

Unless this happens im all for sanjaya as imho as posted before this is reality show/personality contest. NOt a singing competition. So why not sanjaya. FYI i think nbc national news ran a story yesterday on sanjaya conspiricy theroys....lol

i like the one about indian calling centers in bangalore mass voting for him. LOL.  I think this is more a comment on the negatives of outsourcing then anything esle....l

tex-amp

« Reply #105 on: 7 Apr 2007, 04:15 am »
Sanjaya is getting the teenie bop vote too.  My daughters are nearly as crazy about Sanjaya as crying girl from a couple of weeks ago is. They seem to view Chris as a poorman's Justin Timberlake wannabe and Blake is a little too edgy and old for them. And they think Phil is funny looking. That leaves Sanjaya. I don't have the heart to tell them that Sanjaya is gay, most likely.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #106 on: 9 Apr 2007, 06:54 pm »
 :lol: :lol:

kbuzz3

« Reply #107 on: 10 Apr 2007, 10:06 pm »
Tonight I'll be rooting again for the finest singers - Jordin and Phil. Neither will probably be THE finalist because what do we know, right Tony?  :roll:

Frank Bennett 

forgot AI for a minute...who is that on your avatar????? Looks like a hotter version of the firl they kicked off eariler in the year.....

kbuzz3

« Reply #108 on: 11 Apr 2007, 02:24 am »
Tonight I'll be rooting again for the finest singers - Jordin and Phil. Neither will probably be THE finalist because what do we know, right Tony?  :roll:

Frank Bennett 

forgot AI for a minute...who is that on your avatar????? Looks like a hotter version of the firl they kicked off eariler in the year.....

The girl next door 8)

Frank

No really who is she? ....

bluewax

« Reply #109 on: 11 Apr 2007, 03:28 am »

adriana lima, methinks...

having had brunch at the same bistro as her a few times in soho and tribeca back when i lived in nyc, i can confidently say she's even more beautiful in person...  aa

Cacophonix

« Reply #110 on: 11 Apr 2007, 03:32 am »
Missed the idol tonite as i had a game ....
Were the performances better than last time?
Any chance sanjaya will get voted out this time atleast?

RAW

« Reply #111 on: 11 Apr 2007, 04:17 am »
They were all just OK.
But simple Simon liked  :duh: :duh: :duh:the kid

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #112 on: 11 Apr 2007, 12:53 pm »
It was a disappointing night in "Idol Land" last night. Nothing impressive.

(IMHO) Bob

PhilNYC

« Reply #113 on: 11 Apr 2007, 02:35 pm »
Yeah, last night was a pretty undewhelming night in terms of the performances.  Even my fave, Melinda Doolittle, seemed really uncomfortable with the genre (latin music) and gave a very mediocre performance.  And yes, to my surprise, I though Sanjaya was among the better performers...he picked a really low-key song and it played to his strength as a "quiet" singer.

I still think Jordin is the favorite to win it all...

Cacophonix

« Reply #114 on: 11 Apr 2007, 03:51 pm »
I just saw the episode on youtube ... and apart from sanjaya, i didn't think anyone's performance was that great.
Looks like he's safe this time - very very smart song selectio.
But hailey will surely be taking the fall today. She was atrocious ... her song choice didn't help her either.

chrisby

« Reply #115 on: 11 Apr 2007, 05:08 pm »

But hailey will surely be taking the fall today. She was atrocious ... her song choice didn't help her either.

If not, just watch for a girlz gone wild beach blanket bikini and thong outfit next week. Actually, Antonella is more fun to watch for that as well. 

Melinda's comment to Simon was worth the price of admission, too bad she sang at the start of the show.

Although I thought Jordin looked more out of her comfort zone than ever before (she ain't no dancer) she continues to glow and definitely has goose-bump factor.   

chrisby

« Reply #116 on: 11 Apr 2007, 05:12 pm »
They were all just OK.
But simple Simon liked  :duh: :duh: :duh:the kid

well, I think his final "verdict" was  "it wasn't awful"

edit:

on replay it was

"you sang like a 14yr old (and) I'm going to hate myself for this, but it wasn't horrible"

« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2007, 09:45 pm by chrisby »

chrisby

« Reply #117 on: 11 Apr 2007, 05:20 pm »
Yeah, last night was a pretty undewhelming night in terms of the performances.  Even my fave, Melinda Doolittle, seemed really uncomfortable with the genre (latin music) and gave a very mediocre performance.  And yes, to my surprise, I though Sanjaya was among the better performers...he picked a really low-key song and it played to his strength as a "quiet" singer.

I still think Jordin is the favorite to win it all...

As my wife noted about "Sanjeet" (  her affectionate nick-name, not mine ) - whoever has undertaken his "marketing makeover" is doing their best to make a silk purse from ... inferior raw materials.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #118 on: 11 Apr 2007, 05:22 pm »
Melinda's comment to Simon was worth the price of admission...

Missed that - what did she say?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #119 on: 11 Apr 2007, 05:27 pm »
Missed that - what did she say?

"Get lost you British tweet!"

Bob
(Just kidding)