American Idol 2007.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
American Idol 2007.
« on: 27 Jan 2007, 03:43 pm »
I dont even know if this one is gonna be left here by the mod squad...
But WORD!!!
That Jason "Sundance" Head Guy! Dang that guy could sing!!!
I dont watch that program! But this year... Gotta!

Imperial

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Re: American Idol 2007.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2007, 03:51 pm »
LMAO It's always suspect when some talks about what they saw on American Idol and follow it with.............I don't watch the show :nono:

I don't watch the show or know who Mr Head is. :lol:

Imperial

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2007, 03:55 pm »
LMAO It's always suspect when some talks about what they saw on American Idol and follow it with.............I don't watch the show :nono:

I don't watch the show or know who Mr Head is. :lol:

I live in norway... so I cant watch the show dude anyway...
But this year I'm gonna see if I can't get to see it, dont know how now but..
Hope that Youtube keep providing, thats how I heard him sing.

Anyone know of an internet site providing that show? plz!!!

DUDE! That was some voice!!!

Imperial!!!

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:12 pm »
Okay, I'll admit it....this show is one of my guilty pleasures. I can't help but find it absolutely fascinating that over the course of a few months, someone is molded and shaped from a relative nobody into a celebrity millionaire. I've always been a fan of the "little guy" and the underdog, and to me this show is all about those stories.

And the absolute brilliance of the process is that it actually creates a fan base BEFORE that particular artist hits the charts or releases an album, so from a marketing standpoint it's genius.

I don't care if people criticize me....I watch the show and I enjoy every damn minute!  :lol:

Imperial

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:26 pm »
I'll say, someone I used to work with, came second in this Idol thing.
We've had 4 seasons I believe in my country, and really, well, we did win world Idol you know.
Sorry there Texas... But dude, most years you don't look at it, Did though the year the one I worked with
came second, that was a blast!!!!

But I'm not really a fan...
But "sundance" really did inspire me this year, and in America!!! Dude, I have not seen your shows before.
But that definitely will change man!

Imperial

PhilNYC

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:30 pm »
I love the show (I like the actual competition far more than the initial auditions).  I have to support any show that actually encourages people to listen to a singer and think about what makes them good or not.  And yes, once in a while, you do hear an absolutely terrific performance, often by someone who isn't even 20 years old yet. :thumb:

gitarretyp

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:42 pm »
I just checked out Jason Head on youtube. He certainly does seem like he has potential.

PhilNYC

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:52 pm »

mca

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2007, 05:00 pm »
Wow! I may have to try watching it this year just to hear Sundance sing.

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2007, 05:22 pm »
I think we're also at the point now where we can't really deny the talent that this show is producing. You have people on broadway, on tv, in the movies, on the country charts, pop charts, R&B charts, etc, etc.

In fact, someone I consider to be perhaps the most talented performer ever to be on the show - Tamyra Gray - didn't even get to the final two in her year. She can do it all, and she's been very successful as an actor and songwriter since leaving the show.

I also can't help but to live vicariously through some of these folks....I can't sing worth a lick, but I think if I could pick any profession, I'd want to be a male vocalist. So when I see these kids start from pretty much nothing and try and make it big, I get really into it.

And I agree with you guys....Sundance has some legit chops, man! I can't wait to see him get a hold of some of these songs each week...

The_KiD

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2007, 05:26 pm »
I too was really taken back by Sundance.. I think Simon made the comment that "He just bew Taylor Hicks away" after he left the room. Very impressive..

KiD

ajzepp

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jan 2007, 05:29 pm »

Imperial

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jan 2007, 02:41 am »
I too was really taken back by Sundance.. I think Simon made the comment that "He just blew Taylor Hicks away" after he left the room. Very impressive..

KiD

Yeah, The video got removed. They didnt like that I guess.
Oh man! I need to find me an online stream or something for this years american Idol.
Anybody know where I could find it? Web-tv or something? Its on Fox network right?

Imperial

tex-amp

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2007, 06:28 am »
Sundance really looks like his father Roy Head.

"On Feb. 3 Roy will headline the Gulf Coast Music Hall of Fame ceremony, but right now he's mostly fielding questions about his son.

"I got 6,850 phone calls last night," he said Wednesday, chuckling. "I spent two hours just answering them. Then they started again at 6 o'clock this morning. I said, God, don't you know I'm a musician, too? That's early."  http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/4496788.html

Imperial

« Reply #14 on: 6 Feb 2007, 11:54 am »
YEZZ!!!
I have found a way to get to see this years competition!!! All legal of course!
All righty then!!! I was just about to go nuts!!! Ay-ya!!!
"The Philip" is at it again! (Thats Cowell by the way)
The man is evil, it's great!!!  aa

Imperial
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2007, 04:18 pm by Imperial »

Imperial

« Reply #15 on: 15 Feb 2007, 12:31 pm »
Hehehe...

Robyn Troup performs with Justin Timberlake, gets a contract with his label.
two days later AI airs... Simon says: "your'e not ready yet, your voice needs to mature"...
Hehe!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Say Simon, them nickers giving you a highpitch voice or what?
Hehe!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You all saw this heh?

And she sang on the GRAMMY's... Ouch!
Imperial

PhilNYC

« Reply #16 on: 15 Feb 2007, 12:40 pm »
I too was really taken back by Sundance.. I think Simon made the comment that "He just bew Taylor Hicks away" after he left the room. Very impressive..

KiD

Sundance did pretty poorly during "Hollywood-Week", but he still made it through to the top 24.  Lucky...

fajimr

« Reply #17 on: 20 Feb 2007, 03:24 am »
I just checked out Jason Head on youtube. He certainly does seem like he has potential.

just tried to check it out.... got this message instead:  This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.   :scratch:

I don't watch the show myself but my kids do... I just happen to be in the same room with them  :D

jim

Imperial

« Reply #18 on: 20 Feb 2007, 10:30 pm »
Them kids, gotta keep them under supervision you know...  :thumb:

Imperial

ajzepp

« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2007, 03:51 am »
I was very disappointed with the performances of the guys tonight. With the exception of Phil Stacey and the beat box guy, I felt the rest were sub-par, particularly given how good some of them sounded during auditions. These guys need to really step it up, and I'm hoping the ladies bring it tomorrow big time.