Antman27

Re: American Idol 2007.
« Reply #160 on: 27 Apr 2007, 02:26 am »
Hey I took a Piss next to Randy tonight -I thought he was taller  :scratch:

chrisby

« Reply #161 on: 27 Apr 2007, 07:41 pm »
Jeff probably has guitar picks in his pocket older than Kelly

Eh...Jeff doesn't use a pick... :duh: 8)

OK, "little blisters on this thumb"  then  :roll:

it was a joke

chrisby

« Reply #162 on: 27 Apr 2007, 07:43 pm »
Hey I took a Piss next to Randy tonight -I thought he was taller  :scratch:

just keeping it real, you know the dawg has to keep it real, it's girth that really matters

mcgsxr

« Reply #163 on: 27 Apr 2007, 08:27 pm »
"Yeah, you know dog, you're doing your thing, but is was just Aight for me!"

PhilNYC

« Reply #164 on: 27 Apr 2007, 08:28 pm »

OK, "little blisters on this thumb"  then  :roll:

it was a joke

Mine was a joke, too... 8)

SunnyDay

« Reply #165 on: 2 May 2007, 01:35 am »
Well, what do you guys think of the performances tonite ? I think Chris and Jordin's were the worst and tomorrow both of them will probably be gone. What a shame... I kinda like Jordin.

Mightyburner

« Reply #166 on: 2 May 2007, 02:13 am »
Well, what do you guys think of the performances tonite ? I think Chris and Jordin's were the worst and tomorrow both of them will probably be gone. What a shame... I kinda like Jordin.

Agreed.  Jordin was horrible and I like her.  :(

Beezer

« Reply #167 on: 2 May 2007, 02:51 am »
The vote is based on the last two weeks and Jordin stood out as best two week ago.  And two weeks ago is when all those "Idol Gives Back" votes were cast.  I'm guessing she doesn't need any votes this week to stay out of the bottom two...

B

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #168 on: 2 May 2007, 12:09 pm »
Last night, I'd say that Melinda and Blake were on top of their game, Lakisha and Phil were in the middle, and Chris and Jordin were on the bottom.

Melinda is the best singer, IMO, and I'm sure could make a dynamite album (I'd probably buy it!). 

Simon kissing Lakisha on the lips last was kind of strange... I asked myself "did that really happen, and why?"  :scratch:

PhilNYC

« Reply #169 on: 2 May 2007, 12:10 pm »
Yeah, I am pretty sure Jordin is safe based on her popularity and the fact that she did so well last week (with those scores added to this week's scores).

I'm guessing Chris and Phil are gone.

And I have to say that I thought Blake was incredible with his version of "You Give Love a Bad Name"...

ss397

« Reply #170 on: 2 May 2007, 12:35 pm »
i thought blake was fresh and original, he will be a great recording artist. jordin has unlimited potential, and melinda blew the doors off everyone with her performance, definitely ready for prime time.

John Casler

« Reply #171 on: 2 May 2007, 02:11 pm »
i thought blake was fresh and original, he will be a great recording artist. jordin has unlimited potential, and melinda blew the doors off everyone with her performance, definitely ready for prime time.

Ditto.

For a while I thought it would be three girls at the end, but Blake just passed Lakisha.

rbrb

« Reply #172 on: 2 May 2007, 03:47 pm »
It seems that in the whole time that Idol has been on the air that they actually might have a contestant that would be able to compose a song if he went on to win.  I'm talking about Blake.  All of the past Idols can sure enough sing but could not write a song if their like depended on it.  Blake might actually have some original ideas.  I'd like to see him win just for that reason.

chrisby

« Reply #173 on: 2 May 2007, 05:46 pm »
It seems that in the whole time that Idol has been on the air that they actually might have a contestant that would be able to compose a song if he went on to win.  I'm talking about Blake.  All of the past Idols can sure enough sing but could not write a song if their like depended on it.  Blake might actually have some original ideas.  I'd like to see him win just for that reason.

As much as Paula can be a bit of a train-wreck, she made a couple of the best comments of the evening.

I'm not a huge fan of Phil's, his country performance was pretty A-ight; last night's performance was absolutely his personal best, and certainly a portentous opening to the show.

For the first time Jordin not only looked very uncomfortable, but sang poorly.

But the biggest surprise was certainly Blake - I've liked the originality of his style and presentation from the beginning, and it's been disappointing watching him struggle with suppressing his real style for several weeks.
While he is certainly not as powerful or technically accomplished as any of the girls, his was the most confidently refreshing and genre busting performance since Chris Daughtry.

Unfortunately, while Lakisha also gave her most controlled and impressive performance to date, based on recent weeks, her fate may already be sealed.

Melinda simply doesn't belong in this contest - if Randy is any kind of "producer", he should have her working in the studio right now, and not on some disposal fluff like the first Kelly Clarkson release.

and for me, the sooner Chris takes his seat as a spectator, the better.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #174 on: 3 May 2007, 01:35 am »
Well, Looks like Phil goes home to his baby this week. I guess if anyone had the best reason to go home, it would be him. I don't think I could concentrate on performing every week with a new baby at home.

I also found it realy isn't as suspenseful anymore without waiting for Sanjaya to get booted.

I still say it will be Doolittle or Lakisha.

mcrespo71

« Reply #175 on: 3 May 2007, 01:38 am »
Somehow I thought Lakisha may get cut, but I guess I was way off.  I agree now that Sanjaya is off, this isn't as interesting to watch.

Antman27

« Reply #176 on: 3 May 2007, 01:48 am »
Hey is it just my cable or did everyone have no audio when Bon Jovi played ?

TomS

« Reply #177 on: 3 May 2007, 01:49 am »
No problem on my Verizon FIOS

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #178 on: 3 May 2007, 01:54 am »
Melinda simply doesn't belong in this contest - if Randy is any kind of "producer", he should have her working in the studio right now, and not on some disposal fluff like the first Kelly Clarkson release.

It would not surprise me if this is not already in the works. I am sure some producer somewhere has already called dibs on Melinda. Who knows, it may even be Randy. The same goes for Lakisha, I am sure she is already been snagged by someone.

and for me, the sooner Chris takes his seat as a spectator, the better.

Well...... your wish has come true tonight. He's going home.

By the way, I thought Bon-Jovi was pretty lame tonight. But then again, I haven't liked them in many years.

mcrespo71

« Reply #179 on: 3 May 2007, 02:00 am »
Well, I guess the predictions of most were correct.  Chris and Phil are outta here.  I hope Blake stays longer because he's been pretty inventive.