American Idol 2007.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: American Idol 2007.
« Reply #140 on: 19 Apr 2007, 12:53 pm »
On the other hand, despite having a tremendous singing voice, I do agree that Lakisha has to raise her game.  The last couple of weeks, I've felt that she's shown a bit of weariness.

I agree she seems to be performing below here potential lately. I wonder if it has to do with the music genres they have been required to perform. I think when you are required to sing a particular genre, some may be out of their confort zone :scratch:

Dolittle is still my pick. At least for the top two.

PhilNYC

« Reply #141 on: 19 Apr 2007, 02:02 pm »

There's no question for me that I would buy Doolittle's CD in a heartbeat if one came out today, but I do still think that Jordin Sparks has the greater overall appeal to the audience that AI caters to, and therefore still think that Jordin will win it all...

Cacophonix

« Reply #142 on: 19 Apr 2007, 02:12 pm »
There's no question for me that I would buy Doolittle's CD in a heartbeat if one came out today, but I do still think that Jordin Sparks has the greater overall appeal to the audience that AI caters to, and therefore still think that Jordin will win it all...

Second Jordin's name .... She is a decent performer, and she's young, beautiful, and seems to have a cheerful personality. She's my AI choice all the way.

chrisby

« Reply #143 on: 19 Apr 2007, 03:37 pm »

BINGO!

Melinda still needs to come of her shell - but when she's performing, it's like a switch - hold on for the ride;   more than once when we've watched the special guest headliner perform on the results show, my wife and I turn to each other with the knowing look  " I think Melinda sang better than that last night.."   In my area the local NPR station (KPLU) plays "all that Jazz" , with a Blues show Sat and Sun evenings - AFAIC she wouldn't be out of place on the radio today. 

It also occurred to me that when AI first started, Jordin was probably around the same age as the little girl highlighted by the camera a few weeks back, enthralled to tears by Sanjaya - I can imagine her telling her folks

" I wanna do that someday"   
"of course you do, dear"

makes you wonder how many other undiscovered, equally talented performers there are out there

mcrespo71

« Reply #144 on: 19 Apr 2007, 04:19 pm »
Dang, I was sort of enjoying Sanjaya's hilarious crappiness.  Oh well, he deserved it.

Mike, how much did you spend texting in your votes?  :jester:

On the other hand, despite having a tremendous singing voice, I do agree that Lakisha has to raise her game.  The last couple of weeks, I've felt that she's shown a bit of weariness.

BUSTED :oops: :duh:

kbuzz3

« Reply #145 on: 19 Apr 2007, 10:05 pm »
Dang, I was sort of enjoying Sanjaya's hilarious crappiness.  Oh well, he deserved it.

With that fool gone, im out. The show really was only interesting with this peter pan like dude's inherent wierdness. Now its just another reality show.

Darn I wanted him to win.  Just for the goof. Sorry purists but that would have been just hilarious

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #146 on: 20 Apr 2007, 01:43 pm »
Second Jordin's name .... She is a decent performer, and she's young, beautiful, and seems to have a cheerful personality. She's my AI choice all the way.
aa DITTO!!

chrisby

« Reply #147 on: 26 Apr 2007, 05:09 pm »
who's gonna start on this week's extravaganza?

1) Ryan is very good at what he does, and certainly the camera loves him -  but the (contrived?) battle of preening egos with Simon is getting a bit tired
2) nice piece of digital editing the Elvis / Celine duet  - probably looked almost real on regular TV, but in HD, different story
3) it's of course too late to comment, but Melinda doesn't belong in this contest - once again she easily out sang more than one of the big names (Annie Lennox was painful to watch)
4) 2 down next week - Blake &/or Chris &/or Lakisha?

mcrespo71

« Reply #148 on: 26 Apr 2007, 05:33 pm »
I predict Lakisha is gone for next week and probably Chris.

PhilNYC

« Reply #149 on: 26 Apr 2007, 05:40 pm »
Lakisha's stock has definitely dropped, but I think Phil and Chris are the next to go...

yooper

« Reply #150 on: 26 Apr 2007, 05:48 pm »
I too believe Lakisha and Chris will walk.

I really enjoyed the Elvis thing as well.  Although IMHO, I could have done without Celine singing with him.  I know many, many people enjoy her, and yes, she is very tallented.  But her voice didn't "duet" well with Elvis.  A little loud and I don't much care for the ego.

What happened to Pink and Gwen, did I somehow miss them?  I was really hoping to see/hear Pink sing.  Now, I would have loved to see Pink singing a duet with Elvis.  I think that would have been a better match and would have been mega cool x 10.

Mark

The_KiD

« Reply #151 on: 26 Apr 2007, 05:51 pm »
The Elvis thing was kewl although Jack Black singing was great.. Especially with KG holding the Rose..

Truly Touching Stuff!

Chris

John Casler

« Reply #152 on: 26 Apr 2007, 05:53 pm »
Pretty Cruel the way they left Jordin hanging, even if it was only for a few seconds.

Final two are Jordin and Melinda  :duel: with Jordin pulling it out. :thankyou:

PhilNYC

« Reply #153 on: 26 Apr 2007, 05:57 pm »
Btw - I was stunned to see Jeff Beck playing guitar on Kelly Clarkson's set.  And quite honestly, I thought she was very good.  Beck played a very understated blues guitar accompaniment, but very vintage of his style...

chrisby

« Reply #154 on: 26 Apr 2007, 08:34 pm »
Btw - I was stunned to see Jeff Beck playing guitar on Kelly Clarkson's set.  And quite honestly, I thought she was very good.  Beck played a very understated blues guitar accompaniment, but very vintage of his style...

Hard to believe that Celine could be upstaged by a young upstart - but that was certainly the musical highlight of the evening for me.  Jeff probably has guitar picks in his pocket older than Kelly, and you'd think he'd be more than a bit jaded from his illustrious career, but I'm sure I detected an acknowledging nod from him.  The girl can sell a song

As for guest appearances by Pink and Gwen, I wouldn't be surprised if they were undercover in the horrific "Staying Alive" vignette - I'm sure the guest list would be surprising -  I hardly recognized Terry Hatcher.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #155 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:46 pm »
Yeah, Melinda can do little to loose now...  :D

Imperial

PhilNYC

« Reply #156 on: 26 Apr 2007, 11:21 pm »
Jeff probably has guitar picks in his pocket older than Kelly

Eh...Jeff doesn't use a pick... :duh: 8)

kbuzz3

« Reply #157 on: 26 Apr 2007, 11:45 pm »
sorry to say guys. But aside from the technical wizardry, i was insulted to see celine paired with the king.  While i of course tend like most to ignore his bloated years, to have that cheeze ball queen of bad taste celine with someone of historic proportions is ugly.

Whats next is bod sagett or tom hanks going to be supermposed on chuck heston for an updated 10 commandments.  Frankly i wish that i had finished by digital experiments in finalizing a good taste chip which automatically rejects the following from my cdp.

Striesand
mandy patikin or what ever his name is
journey

of course complaining about the tasteless celine on an american idol forum is funny in of itself. With that said, im all for jordin, because as ive posted above its about the reality not the talent.

PhilNYC

« Reply #158 on: 27 Apr 2007, 12:17 am »
With that said, im all for jordin, because as ive posted above its about the reality not the talent.

But Jordin is very talented... :scratch:

kbuzz3

« Reply #159 on: 27 Apr 2007, 01:03 am »
Yes i should have clarified. I do think she has talent...and is beautiful as well.  HEr voice has tone...that elusive quality which is often lacking in many of the biggest name stars. Like err celine dion or whitney houston