American Idol 2007.

chrisby

Re: American Idol 2007.
« Reply #120 on: 11 Apr 2007, 09:05 pm »
Melinda's comment to Simon was worth the price of admission...

Missed that - what did she say?

There's a bit of a back-story, but it more or less went like this

Last week Simon grumbled that after another of her solid performances, that they might have nothing to complain about, and that was tough, 'cause they like to be mean to the contestants now and then. 

This week of course, as it turned out she was only the first performer to underwhelm the panel, and while I actually forget Simon's exact words, he made it clear that he felt let down.

Melinda offered her gratification at giving Simon the chance to "get off" to a grumpy start.  This girl has come out of her shell, and AFAIC she not only took note of Jennifer's advice and let a bit of her sexiness show, but sang better than the judges gave her credit for.

If this was truly a singing competition as SC continually states, it would be a very short list indeed.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #121 on: 12 Apr 2007, 12:14 am »
So, will Sanjaya make it through another round? Unfortunately, I think his votes are coming from young teens as most civilized adults don't bother with taking time to vote. I know I don't.
 I am actually glad he is still around. It gives me a reason to watch what I find as the dullest season of American Idol. To see if he gets booted.
 Even if he gets the axe in the next few weeks, I will still watch at this point to see who goes all the way.

mcrespo71

« Reply #122 on: 12 Apr 2007, 01:43 am »
Hahahahahahah Sanjaya stays!  God, this is getting surreal! :o

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #123 on: 12 Apr 2007, 01:57 am »
My wife just said "Hey, Legs is leaving". Who would have thought it.

mcrespo71

« Reply #124 on: 12 Apr 2007, 01:58 am »
Dang- they kicked off the hot Haley and kept that stupid bald Phil.

Bigfish

« Reply #125 on: 12 Apr 2007, 01:58 am »
I would bet Sanjaya will be the last guy voted off and one of the women win this year!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #126 on: 12 Apr 2007, 02:20 am »
I'm glad that I work at night and no longer have to waste my time watching stuff like this.  The only show I miss is "24" but the computer is programmed to record that one. :D

Cacophonix

« Reply #127 on: 12 Apr 2007, 02:39 am »
I would bet Sanjaya will be the last guy voted off and one of the women win this year!

My thoughts exactly.

Next in line is Phil, unless he gives an exceptional performance next week. Sanjaya looks good another couple of weeks.

Singapura

« Reply #128 on: 12 Apr 2007, 02:53 am »
Sanjaya actually had a good performance yesterday. He knows how to play the (tv) audience and he knows the show isn't about who has the best voice but who is the best entertainer. His competitors are the other men, of whom he clearly has the best cards. Keep in mind that a lot of teenage girls vote by sms and Sanjaya has them all dreaming funny dreams  aa. Haley tried that too but she is older and her target group should be older as well. Nice legs will only take you so far.

honesthoff

« Reply #129 on: 12 Apr 2007, 01:58 pm »
Am I the only one that noticed that Jennifer Lopez CANNOT SING!

Antman27

« Reply #130 on: 12 Apr 2007, 06:43 pm »
[quote Nice legs will only take you so far.
[/quote]

I will miss thoes legs :drool:

PhilNYC

« Reply #131 on: 12 Apr 2007, 06:56 pm »

I think we already knew that...

Cacophonix

« Reply #132 on: 12 Apr 2007, 06:58 pm »

She was never known for her singing right from day 1....it was all abt looks, presentation and marketing - pretty much like britney, just not as trashy.

chrisby

« Reply #133 on: 12 Apr 2007, 10:04 pm »

Yes, there are 3 girls remaining on the show who certainly have superior vocal skills - but as my wife pointed out, in spite of the obvious "maturity" that HD camera close-ups reveal (you don't see that at a concert) , she ( J-Lo) has crafted a trademarked empire for herself.

I'd wager with similar marketing savy some of the young sexpots no longer on the stage could (will?) achieve far more financial success than their musical talents alone would allow. As much as Randy and Simon use "Vegas lounge act" as an insult - there's probably some cash to be made in that venue.

Let's pray Jordin doesn't fall in to that category, or struggle for as long as Kelly did to surmount the stigma of "that chick from the TV show".   OTOH, I think Lakisha or Melinda would tell the marketing machine exactly where to put their suggestions.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #134 on: 19 Apr 2007, 01:59 am »
FINALLY. What took them so long :duh:

I was actually getting worried when it cam edown to him and Lakisha. :o

JoshK

« Reply #135 on: 19 Apr 2007, 02:02 am »
sanjaya's going home!

TomS

« Reply #136 on: 19 Apr 2007, 02:03 am »
I do feel so much better now....

mcrespo71

« Reply #137 on: 19 Apr 2007, 02:24 am »
Dang, I was sort of enjoying Sanjaya's hilarious crappiness.  Oh well, he deserved it.

PhilNYC

« Reply #138 on: 19 Apr 2007, 09:45 am »
Dang, I was sort of enjoying Sanjaya's hilarious crappiness.  Oh well, he deserved it.

Mike, how much did you spend texting in your votes?  :jester:

On the other hand, despite having a tremendous singing voice, I do agree that Lakisha has to raise her game.  The last couple of weeks, I've felt that she's shown a bit of weariness.

honesthoff

« Reply #139 on: 19 Apr 2007, 12:50 pm »
I was very impressed with Martina McBride.  See ya' Sangina!