The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.

Delta Wave

Re: The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.
« Reply #80 on: 19 Jan 2012, 04:27 pm »
Any Stephen King movie sans the Kubrik version of The Shining. eg; Night Shift & The Langoliers. I never managed to make it all the way through either of the two.

Mike Nomad

« Reply #81 on: 19 Jan 2012, 07:43 pm »
+1 to ajzepp. Bloodsport is pretty damn good in place. JC's time travel movie, Timecop, is one of the best entries of the sub genre.

Worst movie ever made? Passing by all the obvious Hipster Bait, and having actually seen the movie on its original release, I give the nod to Dario Argento's Four Flies On Gray Velvet. Oddly enough, it's soon to be released, region-free, on Blu-ray.

WGH

« Reply #82 on: 19 Jan 2012, 08:30 pm »
Andy Warhol made some bad films. I'll pick just one: Empire

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0912238/

Wikipedia:
"Empire (1964) is a silent, black-and-white film made by Andy Warhol. It consists of eight hours and five minutes of continuous slow motion footage of the Empire State Building in New York City. Abridged showings of the film were never allowed, and supposedly the very unwatchability of the film was an important part of the reason the film was created."

milford3

« Reply #83 on: 19 Jan 2012, 08:35 pm »
I know I'll hear it with this pick.  This movie is so boring that I have yet to stay awake to see the whole film.  ZZZZZZZZ

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #84 on: 19 Jan 2012, 08:38 pm »
C'mon!  The burning of Atlanta was GREAT!   :lol:

milford3

« Reply #85 on: 19 Jan 2012, 08:45 pm »
The burning of this DVD was even better. :D :D

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #86 on: 19 Jan 2012, 09:31 pm »
Man, that's COLD!  But funny as hell!   :thumb:

Mike Nomad

« Reply #87 on: 19 Jan 2012, 10:19 pm »
Andy Warhol made some bad films. I'll pick just one: Empire

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0912238/

Wikipedia:
"Empire (1964) is a silent, black-and-white film made by Andy Warhol. It consists of eight hours and five minutes of continuous slow motion footage of the Empire State Building in New York City. Abridged showings of the film were never allowed, and supposedly the very unwatchability of the film was an important part of the reason the film was created."

I was trying to stay away from "Art Film," as they are pretty easy pickings. Particularly process pieces (if that's not your cuppa) like Empire. Personally, I've always hoped for disc release on Empire. It simply becomes background, or for a little while, turns your TV into a time machine with a window.

My vote for Unwatchable (and unlistenable) process piece goes to Bill Morrison's "Tribute - Pulse." A real drag, since his similar, earlier effort, Decasia is so cool.

Hmmm. Thinking about it some, Gone With The Wind may be worse...

Delta Wave

« Reply #88 on: 19 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm »
Paint Your Wagon!

Delta Wave

« Reply #89 on: 19 Jan 2012, 10:30 pm »
Oh yeah, don't forget Phonebooth, nothing like watching an entire movie that takes place in a phonebooth... oh how suspenseful.

A few comic book movies, Daredevil, Electra, Catwoman, etc... all completely unwatchable.

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #90 on: 19 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm »
My "Worst 10 Movies In History" is a living document, save one.  All my lists have an asterisk, because the Be-All-End-All of movies for me "Natural Born Killers."  So my 10 Worst is always really an 11 Worst.  NBK will always have that "coveted" honorary worst spot.
Funny, NBK is on my top ten best list. To each his own!

I have seen too many bad movies to name one. So instead I will name the two worst movies I have seen in the past month:
Driver - this could have been so good, stunt driver/getaway car driver! I guess Ryan Gosselin should have been the first clue...

Triangle - What prompted me to watch this movie was not the trailer, but the reactions to the trailer. Every single response stated "Don't watch the trailer, it gives away the entire movie". None stated how awfully boring and contrived the plot was. Nor how bad the acting was and how large the obvious plot holes were. Save yourself the 90minutes and just watch the trailer.

Delta Wave

« Reply #91 on: 19 Jan 2012, 11:39 pm »
Wait, I've got it... Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park ...yep, that's the one.

totoro

« Reply #92 on: 20 Jan 2012, 03:33 am »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071690/

Je tu il elle by Chantal Ackermann. About twenty minutes of this is watching an apparently autistic young woman obssessively move furniture and eat sugar. Another bit where she hitchhikes and jerks off a truckdriver.

One of the most pretentious, awful, excruciating movies I've ever seen, if not the most. And I'm pretty sure Ackermann would see my opinion as validation of how cool and deep she is.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #93 on: 20 Jan 2012, 05:35 am »
The worst movie ever made....easy....this one... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hklr1Pv2noo

jimdgoulding

« Reply #94 on: 20 Jan 2012, 08:19 am »
Oh, Chris, good call!  I haven't actually seen it all the way thru, but that's ok.  Caligula anybody?

wushuliu

« Reply #95 on: 20 Jan 2012, 08:37 am »
Oh, Chris, good call!  I haven't actually seen it all the way thru, but that's ok.  Caliguia anybody?

are we talking censored or uncensored version.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #96 on: 20 Jan 2012, 09:26 am »
Or, how about Face Off with Travolta and Cage?  Preposturous utter doo-doo and over acted by Cage, a lot.  He couldn't save it if that was what he was thinking.

underdog64

« Reply #97 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:49 am »
"Little Nicky" Adam Sandler.Pretty much killed his career as a comic actor for years after it's release

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #98 on: 20 Jan 2012, 01:37 pm »
Worst?  Maybe.  Tacky?  DEFINITELY!  Funny?  In spots, you betcha!

"Lust in the Dust"

genjamon

« Reply #99 on: 20 Jan 2012, 03:18 pm »
With all the crap mentioned thus far, I'm surprised no one has mentioned any John Boorman films.  This one will get you started:

Zardoz: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/

Supposedly, Sean Connery used this film to break his contract for the Bond series.

While Deliverance shows Boorman has some film ability, he's got more than one doosey.  The worst of his I've seen is an epic set in the Amazon about the tragedies of deforestation that is even worse.  Now, I'm quite an avid enviro, personally, but I do recognize the horribleness of film that is Avatar. If you think Avatar was bad, this would give you pause:

The Emerald Forest: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089087/
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2012, 05:56 pm by genjamon »