The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.

jimdgoulding

The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.
« on: 18 Jan 2012, 11:24 am »
While hacking on the computer this morning, there was a movie playing in the background on the telly with the worst of everything I can imagine.  Real drivel.  The sound effects were particularly annoying.  The movie?  Cyborg- Jean Claude Van Damme.  Oh, did I mention the acting?  Forget about story.  Utter stupidity.  Definitely worthy of a nomination and a hands down winner, ime.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2012, 12:50 pm by jimdgoulding »

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm »
Thanks for the tip, that will be part of my daily film viewings today..I need a good laugh, or I need to laugh at somebody who is livin the dream...LOL. Jean Claude two part last name seems like an affable fella unlike Segal who from what I read is just a horntoad trying to get anybody in the sack regardless of rank or social stata...He is a s___ B__ D___h___!!!!!!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2012, 12:28 pm »
Eclein, I bet you can'r get all the way thru to the end.

neekomax

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2012, 12:40 pm »
You mean JC Van Damm was in a bad movie?

Get outta here.

:wink:

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm »
I thought Ishtar was the worst movie ever made?  :scratch:

:green:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2012, 01:43 pm »
There are so many allegedly bad movies that I haven't seen, such ilk as Ishtar.  But "Showgirls" has to near the top.  It was SO bad that it pretty much killed the career of a hot Hollywood prospect, Kyle MacLachlan.

craig223

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2012, 02:22 pm »
Plan 9 From Outer Space has got my vote.  You can stream it from Netflix.  I made better pix in high school with a Super 8 camera.  To quote Netflix film description, "one of the most popular cult classics of the 20th century, a two-time winner of the Golden Turkey Award for Worst Film and Worst Director of all time."

You know you are gonna check it out...

Craig

kingdeezie

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2012, 02:50 pm »
While hacking on the computer this morning, there was a movie playing in the background on the telly with the worst of everything I can imagine.  Real drivel.  The sound effects were particularly annoying.  The movie?  Cyborg- Jean Claude Van Damme.  Oh, did I mention the acting?  Forget about story.  Utter stupidity.  Definitely worthy of a nomination and a hands down winner, ime.

I take a small amount of issue with your assessment of Cyborg, since it directly impedes some fond memories of my childhood.  :lol:

I remember watching this movie on HBO in the summer, late night in the basement when I was a kid. I thought it was the coolest thing since it was a movie that I was clearly not supposed to be watching. I think I remember it had boobies in it, which made it even cooler.  :lol:

I have not watched it in probably 15 years for fear or having it ruined for me. I have it on a nostalgia pedestal, and it likely is as bad as you say.

Thanks for bringing it back into the forefront of my mind for a brief moment. Its nice to relive those memories every once and a while.  :thumb:

• Don't touch the VOLUME!!
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2012, 02:51 pm »
Most everything in the last 15-20 years...... I realize there are a few exceptions but they are few and far between. TV, now that's a different story, it's so pathetic and non entertaining I switched to books years ago.

Therefore I have more time for music!!     :D

kbuzz3

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:02 pm »
Im going to ponder this thread today and post later. But as for a quick tounge and cheek response and just to stir things up. I vote for any movie with tom hanks. Sorry, people he's the worst.  The castaway movie is my first choice for "worsest". The fact that its popular with many just makes it clearer.

Runner up off the top of my head is wholly moses with Dudley moore. Absolutely un-watchable.

kip_

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:08 pm »
Sorry I'm gonna have to go with the Star Wars Christmas special for this one. It's so bad you think the actors are hamming it up, but they're completely serious. A close 2nd would be battlefield earth:

http://everything2.com/?node=Battlefield+Earth

emac

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:11 pm »
Plan 9 From Outer Space has got my vote.  You can stream it from Netflix.  I made better pix in high school with a Super 8 camera.  To quote Netflix film description, "one of the most popular cult classics of the 20th century, a two-time winner of the Golden Turkey Award for Worst Film and Worst Director of all time."

You know you are gonna check it out...

Craig

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It's a movie that is so bad that it's actually funny. 

Old timer

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:21 pm »
Worse movie ever? I'd expected a Chick Flick title. Oh the things we'll sit through for a little um, ... fun. :)

rpf

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2012, 03:43 pm »
Night Of The Comet. The friend who picked it was banned from choosing another movie indefinitely.   :lol:

dflee

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2012, 04:04 pm »
"Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". I know it was supposed to be funny but to me it was just plain bad.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2012, 04:55 pm »
Starship Troopers?

Delta Wave

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2012, 05:07 pm »
Boondock Saints 2, Electric Bugaloo. I never even made it all the way through.
Blues Brothers 2

wushuliu

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2012, 05:09 pm »
Starship Troopers?

Wha?. That is an INTENTIONALLY 'bad' film. One of the smarter movies of the 90's.

wushuliu

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jan 2012, 05:11 pm »
Sorry I'm gonna have to go with the Star Wars Christmas special for this one. It's so bad you think the actors are hamming it up, but they're completely serious. A close 2nd would be battlefield earth:

http://everything2.com/?node=Battlefield+Earth

Battlefield Earth is indeed THE WORST MOVIE EVER. It is awesome in it's suckiness.

Randy

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jan 2012, 05:12 pm »
That terrible Russian submarine movie with Harrison Ford, it was so bad I was laughing out loud. Just as funny were the dummies in the theater actually taking it seriously.  Another turkey was that Revolutionary War flick with Mel Gibson, another laugher that had me talking back to the screen telling it how dumb it was.