The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.

ajzepp

Re: The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.
« Reply #140 on: 25 Jan 2012, 12:46 am »
George Lucas shouldn't be allowed near a typewriter or a director's chair for that matter.

There's a reason The Empire Strikes Back is probably the best film in the series.

...which reminds me, Lucas received oscar nomintations for best director and best original screenplay...and the film overall was nominated for best picture...and it's on many, many top 100 lists of all-time...etc, etc.

Lucas also wrote and directed American Graffiti, which ALSO was nominated for best picture.

And then of course there is THX 1138, which is also critically acclaimed.

You guys are so silly :)

Delta Wave

« Reply #141 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:05 am »
...which reminds me, Lucas received oscar nomintations for best director and best original screenplay...and the film overall was nominated for best picture...and it's on many, many top 100 lists of all-time...etc, etc.

Lucas also wrote and directed American Graffiti, which ALSO was nominated for best picture.

I like all of the above mentioned movies, but you have to admit, since Lucas became fat and wealthy his "artistic vision" leaves a lot to be desired.

Can't we all just go down to Tachi station and pick up some power converters?

ajzepp

« Reply #142 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:17 am »
Delta Wave...see NOW we're talking....the real problem with Lucas is that he's just not the same quality filmmaker that he was earlier on. I can totally understand that argument. While I enjoyed the prequels and will even defend them, I recognize that they in many ways they were poorly done. But to make the same argument about the original and some of Lucas' earlier films? They just don't belong in this conversation, IMO.

Delta Wave

« Reply #143 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:41 am »
Delta Wave...see NOW we're talking....the real problem with Lucas is that he's just not the same quality filmmaker that he was earlier on. I can totally understand that argument. While I enjoyed the prequels and will even defend them, I recognize that they in many ways they were poorly done. But to make the same argument about the original and some of Lucas' earlier films? They just don't belong in this conversation, IMO.

I feel the same about Spielberg too, He really butchered Kubrik's AI & P.K. Dicks Ubik? (can't remember the name of the book it was "based" on) AKA Minority Report... that was awful. 

Who ever did Asimov's I Robot should be shot, that was just pissing on the grave of one of the greats. 

ajzepp

« Reply #144 on: 25 Jan 2012, 02:27 am »
I feel the same about Spielberg too, He really butchered Kubrik's AI & P.K. Dicks Ubik? (can't remember the name of the book it was "based" on) AKA Minority Report... that was awful. 

Who ever did Asimov's I Robot should be shot, that was just pissing on the grave of one of the greats.

I remember loving the preview/trailers for I, Robot...and then I saw it lol. I agree about A.I, as well. And let's throw out the last Indiana Jones film, too. That's another mark on Lucas' more recent work since he was involved with Indy. I was really, really disappointed by it...some of which had to do with the fact that I'm just tired of seeing what's his name in every movie...the kid...was in Transformers....cna't think of his name for some reason....but I'm sick of that kid...he plays the same character in every film!

Feedback1

« Reply #145 on: 25 Jan 2012, 03:48 am »
I know I'm too logical about stuff like this but after you ditch the junior high junk and get to the serious cinesewage one must start with the most pointless and self indugent: like Powder.  This film was so bad Disney stock took a dump until the next Toy Story.  Then there's loss leaders and basted turkeys like Jim Varney's first film, Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam with a screen play written by a basement dweller of 26 going on 12.  And there are the big stinkers with big budgets and first rank talent taking leave from their senses appearing in what can only be described as Ep-sicks: Barry Linden, and Dune.  Last and lowest are those off the wall attempts at overshlock no retrograde sophmoron would cross the street to see, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Supervixens, and The Baby, which was so atrocious theater owners wouldn't show it and was the top film career killer for years.  Such things are done by those who possess minds like a steel trap, of the variety commonly found under a public park privy.  There must be worse titles, but I can't think of any which didn't gain general release.  I'm still looking for pirate copies of Hell's Belles and Wild in the Streets from times gone by of under age beer bashes at the drive in.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #146 on: 25 Jan 2012, 04:53 am »
Attack of the Killer Tomato's and Buckaroo Bonzai are 2 of the worst movies ever made.  I would rate Mars Attacks another atrocious piece of trash!  Starship Troopers 2 rates up there as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebfLWAB8bY4&noredirect=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gNJ1z-ulB4

ajzepp

« Reply #147 on: 25 Jan 2012, 05:51 am »
I know I'm too logical about stuff like this but after you ditch the junior high junk and get to the serious cinesewage one must start with the most pointless and self indugent: like Powder.  This film was so bad Disney stock took a dump until the next Toy Story.  Then there's loss leaders and basted turkeys like Jim Varney's first film, Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam with a screen play written by a basement dweller of 26 going on 12.  And there are the big stinkers with big budgets and first rank talent taking leave from their senses appearing in what can only be described as Ep-sicks: Barry Linden, and Dune.  Last and lowest are those off the wall attempts at overshlock no retrograde sophmoron would cross the street to see, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Supervixens, and The Baby, which was so atrocious theater owners wouldn't show it and was the top film career killer for years.  Such things are done by those who possess minds like a steel trap, of the variety commonly found under a public park privy.  There must be worse titles, but I can't think of any which didn't gain general release.  I'm still looking for pirate copies of Hell's Belles and Wild in the Streets from times gone by of under age beer bashes at the drive in.

wow!  :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #148 on: 25 Jan 2012, 10:35 am »
I remember Wild In The Streets.  Had some young actor in it who someone thought had the potential for a James Dean following.  He was pretty, alright, but couldn't act a minute, and the movie killed off his chances.  One of the worst I know of.  Shamefully bad.  Good call.  Like Powder, it's target audience was disenfrancized youth just from another period.

Delta Wave

« Reply #149 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:08 pm »
I disagree, Buckaroo Bonzai was brilliant! Cheesy effects yes, but that was a very funny movie, one of the first "action" genre satires.

strider

« Reply #150 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:55 pm »
Anyone seen Night of the Lepus besides myself? So amazingly bad, from premise to execution, that I will always sit down to watch whenever I stumble upon it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069005/

"They were born that tragic moment when science made its great mistake... now from behind the shroud of night they come, a scuttling, shambling horde of creatures destroying all in their path."

The taxonomists among us may have just fallen to the floor in laughter.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2012, 03:33 pm by strider »

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #151 on: 25 Jan 2012, 02:10 pm »
Of course some films appear to be intentionally bad, such as "The Horror of Party Beach," "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians," and "Plan 9 From Outer Space."

Alexdad54

« Reply #152 on: 25 Jan 2012, 02:47 pm »
I'd put "Roller Boogie" up there with the worst. My ex raved about it and I agreed to watch it....big mistake!

By reputation, "The Klansman" is considered extremely bad, supposedly both of the stars, Richard Burton and Lee Marvin, were blind drunk throughout the filming and neither could remember doing the film.....

Otis

« Reply #153 on: 25 Jan 2012, 05:01 pm »
From 1979, "Can't stop the Music" with Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner and The Village People.

If atrociously bad sodomite musicals are your thing, this is certainly one of them. :shake:

Delta Wave

« Reply #154 on: 25 Jan 2012, 05:08 pm »
From 1979, "Can't stop the Music" with Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner and The Village People.

If atrociously bad sodomite musicals are your thing, this is certainly one of them. :shake:

Holy crap! My wife was watching that a while back, wow  :o that was bad on a level of terrible unto itself. I would have to agree with you... it was truly, horribly, disturbingly, badtastically terrible.   

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #155 on: 30 Jan 2012, 11:34 pm »
The last airbender...worst movie ever, pretty boring.

Rclark

« Reply #156 on: 30 Jan 2012, 11:56 pm »
White Nights

hdspeakerman

« Reply #157 on: 31 Jan 2012, 12:30 am »
Raising Arizona - what a stinker!!!! :wink:

mikeeastman

« Reply #158 on: 31 Jan 2012, 12:34 am »
I'm going with recent highly over rated steaming pile "Bridesmaids" 

wushuliu

« Reply #159 on: 31 Jan 2012, 09:35 am »

Maybe try saying lines from the first film out loud. Even better, try acting and saying those lines. Sorry, but it's the closest in tone and style to the terrible prequels and what do they have in common? George's hands were all over them. To be honest I don't give him total credit for American Graffiti, he was still hanging out w/ Spielberg and Coppola and Milius, etc. feeding off each other.

Oh, I know a film(and filmmaker) I absolutely hated: Inglorious Basterds. Wow, I hated that movie. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Made me feel dirty for being a film-lover. What a talentless hack.