The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.

wushuliu

Re: The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.
« Reply #180 on: 1 Feb 2012, 06:31 am »
Don't you walk away from me mister!!!  :P

Are you honestly saying that Christoph Waltz WASN'T excellent in this film? Perhaps you would have preferred Eric Bana?  :eyebrows:

Waltz was great. Everything else was pain. I saw the film because of the buzz. My mistake. Fool me once... I would rather watch Battlefield Earth. Twice.

ajzepp

« Reply #181 on: 1 Feb 2012, 06:41 am »
Waltz was great. Everything else was pain. I saw the film because of the buzz. My mistake. Fool me once... I would rather watch Battlefield Earth. Twice.

Okay, as long as you can recognize the one true great aspect of that film, I won't bug you about it anymore ;)

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #182 on: 1 Feb 2012, 07:45 am »
I'm glad you said it...I was going to say it, but since I said Thelma and Louse, and most critics liked that movie, I would have been being hypocritical  :lol:

I think what we've done is allowed personal taste to get in the way of the discussion. If some of us, including myself, were being more objective, this list wouldn't have some of the mentions that it has.

Like STAR WARS!!!!  Doug!!!!   :wink:

HEY!  everyone knows, objectively, that star wars was the second worst movie ever made (behind conan the barbarian).  subjectively, if you liked it, well, that is something different.   :green:

like caddyshack, which was mentioned.  also a sucky movie, but one of the all-time best stupid comedies ever, imo.  movies like caddy shack, animal house, talledega nights, are classic stupid-fun movies.

ymmv,

doug s.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #183 on: 1 Feb 2012, 07:47 am »
There's only one thing to say; "Be the ball"...  :lol:
well, you could ask if he wants a baby ruth...   8)

doug s.

Thirsty

« Reply #184 on: 9 Mar 2012, 05:18 am »
My vote goes to Freddy Got Fingered, a totally tasteless piece of trash that was supposed to be funny, but wasn't.

Mike Nomad

« Reply #185 on: 9 Mar 2012, 07:20 pm »
I have you all beat! Throw on/in/up "The Wild Women of Wongo" ... I dare ya ... I double dare ya!
71 minutes of inane drivel. Nearly chewed off my leg just to feel something during this LOSER!  :thumbdown:
Like a bad accident, I had to keep watching. :duh:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052394/

At least it inspired a pretty great song from the Tubes...

Somebody put the finger on Zachariah. I gotta disagree. Sure, it's a German production Hipster Period Piece. It's not really _that_ bad, and you get to see the James Gang put around a little. Most importantly, Elvin Jones is awesome as Job Cain.

Somebody else put the finger on Can't Stop The Music. I think it's just goofy, and probably the lightest weight of the Music Movie sub genre.

ctviggen

« Reply #186 on: 10 Mar 2012, 01:33 am »
Raising Arizona - what a stinker!!!! :wink:

I loved Raising Arizona and still do.  I think it's a hoot.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #187 on: 10 Mar 2012, 01:45 am »
I loved Raising Arizona and still do.  I think it's a hoot.

Raising Arizona is a brilliant movie.

Lyndon

« Reply #188 on: 10 Mar 2012, 01:49 am »
+1 on Raising Arizona
Ethan and Allen Coen brothers can do fun oddball comedy. :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #189 on: 10 Mar 2012, 03:37 am »
Wow, I don't get you, bd.  Think you ougtta see it again, this time with a sense of humor.  "Well, what's it gonna be young feller?  Want we should put our hands up or get down?"- old man in the bank.  Or, Nathan Arizona replying to a monotone (by design) trooper asking him to describe his babies' diapers . . "Hell, I don't know!  They had Yodas and shit on em".  Glen and his wife's visit to Hy's trailer.  You could go on for days with stuff from that movie.  We are richer cause these two guys found each other and they didn't even have to look hard.  How fortunate is that?  And, they can do mystery.  Their first movie, for example, is wickedly clever and made on a shoestring.  It just gets better from there.  Clever boys, these guys.     

Pez

« Reply #190 on: 10 Mar 2012, 03:43 am »
Eyes Wide Shut

:duh: :duh: :duh:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #191 on: 10 Mar 2012, 03:47 am »
Eyes Wide Shut

I didn't get anything from this either, but I know there is a rebuttal coming!

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
« Reply #192 on: 10 Mar 2012, 03:51 am »
At least it inspired a pretty great song from the Tubes...

Somebody put the finger on Zachariah. I gotta disagree. Sure, it's a German production Hipster Period Piece. It's not really _that_ bad, and you get to see the James Gang put around a little. Most importantly, Elvin Jones is awesome as Job Cain.

Somebody else put the finger on Can't Stop The Music. I think it's just goofy, and probably the lightest weight of the Music Movie sub genre.

Hey, the best thing about Zachariah was the original NY Times review, from 1971:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9D05E3DE163BE53BBC4D51DFB766838A669EDE

Mike Nomad

« Reply #193 on: 11 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm »
Hey, the best thing about Zachariah was the original NY Times review, from 1971:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9D05E3DE163BE53BBC4D51DFB766838A669EDE

That is a well done review. I don't agree with all of it, but thanks for posting the link.

kbuzz3

« Reply #194 on: 11 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm »
Eyes Wide Shut

winner winner chicken dinner.

forgot about this one. Given the money and "talent" behind it, this should win hands down

Syrah

« Reply #195 on: 11 Mar 2012, 10:48 pm »
Desperado with Antonio Banderas; and,
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #196 on: 11 Mar 2012, 11:59 pm »
Wow, I don't get you, bd.  Think you ougtta see it again, this time with a sense of humor.  "Well, what's it gonna be young feller?  Want we should put our hands up or get down?"- old man in the bank.  Or, Nathan Arizona replying to a monotone (by design) trooper asking him to describe his babies' diapers . . "Hell, I don't know!  They had Yodas and shit on em".  Glen and his wife's visit to Hy's trailer.  You could go on for days with stuff from that movie.  We are richer cause these two guys found each other and they didn't even have to look hard.  How fortunate is that?  And, they can do mystery.  Their first movie, for example, is wickedly clever and made on a shoestring.  It just gets better from there.  Clever boys, these guys.   
Even the camera work is funny.  Check it out when Hy is tryin to grab Nathan, jr.  Or, his holdup scene at the convenience store and the chase that follows.  Even the clerk is hilarous!   

Landgreen

« Reply #197 on: 24 Apr 2012, 02:06 am »
Gone Fishing with Danny Glover and Joe Pesci.

Good actors......absolutely horrible movie.

spudco

« Reply #198 on: 30 Apr 2012, 03:48 pm »
I just watched "Tree Of Life" and it has replaced "The English Patient" as my gold standard for real stinkers...  An absolute waste of my precious time.

mrlittlejeans

« Reply #199 on: 30 Apr 2012, 04:47 pm »
Raising Arizona is one of my favorite movies.  I never did understand the hate that movie got. 

Two stinkers I've seen recently - Nude Nuns with Big Guns and Seven Below