The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.

wushuliu

Re: The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.
« Reply #160 on: 31 Jan 2012, 09:45 am »
atrociously bad sodomite musicals

Now I absolutely have to see it. I am behind on sodomite musicals...

Rclark

« Reply #161 on: 31 Jan 2012, 10:23 am »
Enduring musicals must be like sodomy in some way.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #162 on: 31 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm »
I'm going with recent highly over rated steaming pile "Bridesmaids"

We only made it through half of the movie it was so bad.

decal

« Reply #163 on: 31 Jan 2012, 01:35 pm »
Battlefield Earth  is a real crapper IMHO. :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: :thumbdown:   I have not read this entire thread so if this has already been nominated, forgive me!!!

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #164 on: 31 Jan 2012, 02:03 pm »
Reservoir Dogs -  Tried watching this three different times never made it through the move. Totally hated the way the movie was cut. I avoided Quentin Tarantino movies for years till i happened to watch Pulp Fiction on TV and then went out and rented it. 

decal

« Reply #165 on: 31 Jan 2012, 02:23 pm »
Reservoir Dogs -  Tried watching this three different times never made it through the move. Totally hated the way the movie was cut. I avoided Quentin Tarantino movies for years till i happened to watch Pulp Fiction on TV and then went out and rented it.

Just goes to show the differences of opinion folks have. I loved Reservoir Dogs.

Pez

« Reply #166 on: 31 Jan 2012, 02:40 pm »
I still have nightmares about that movie 'Vanity Fair' with Reese Witherspoon. My wife and I rented it and got about two hours in. Usually she loves that kind of crap but even she said it was probably the worst movie she had ever seen. We quit watching, it just droned on and on and on. What a bunch of pretentious drivel.

milford3

« Reply #167 on: 31 Jan 2012, 03:16 pm »
Good luck watching the first ten minutes of this disaster.

dflee

« Reply #168 on: 31 Jan 2012, 05:29 pm »
Doesn't come close to Bad Santa. What a SPOS that was.

wushuliu

« Reply #169 on: 31 Jan 2012, 05:42 pm »

HAHA. My gf got that via Netflix during the holidays. Holy crap, that was bad. And we love Jim Carrey. They would have been better off roasting marshmallows over a fire made out of the $200 million spent.

wushuliu

« Reply #170 on: 31 Jan 2012, 05:59 pm »
Check this out. We just watched a GREAT documentary called Best Worst Movie. It is about the movie TROLL 2, which apparently has become a cult favorite because it is so incredibly bad that it's good. The doc catches up with the cast and crew years later as they find out it's a cult hit. It is a great and hilarious documentary. It's on Netflix.

So after Best Worst Movie we watched... TROLL 2.

Plot: A family moves into a small town where the rednecks turn out to be vegetarian goblins who eat people by first turning them into vegetative sludge. When I say vegetarian, I mean vegetarians, complete with an anti-meat sermon ("Smelly Bladders!").

It is insane. It is not even that it's bad - which it is - but it's so far out bad you can't help but love it.

"YOU CAN'T PISS ON HOSPITALITY! I WON'T ALLOW IT!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb5QHBNINGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuWwplCECh4&feature=related

Rclark

« Reply #171 on: 31 Jan 2012, 06:32 pm »
Doesn't come close to Bad Santa. What a SPOS that was.

Blasphemy, the unrated cut is absolutely hilarious. Not a gentle comedy, however.

ajzepp

« Reply #172 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:30 pm »
Maybe try saying lines from the first film out loud. Even better, try acting and saying those lines. Sorry, but it's the closest in tone and style to the terrible prequels and what do they have in common? George's hands were all over them. To be honest I don't give him total credit for American Graffiti, he was still hanging out w/ Spielberg and Coppola and Milius, etc. feeding off each other.

Oh, I know a film(and filmmaker) I absolutely hated: Inglorious Basterds. Wow, I hated that movie. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Made me feel dirty for being a film-lover. What a talentless hack.

If you hate Tarantino why would you go see the movie to begin with?  :duh:

And as you probably would guess, I completely disagree lol....the performance of Christoph Waltz alone was worth the price of admission. One of the best supporting performances of all time and he was very deserving of the Oscar.

ajzepp

« Reply #173 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:31 pm »
Blasphemy, the unrated cut is absolutely hilarious. Not a gentle comedy, however.

I have a hard time not enjoying a Billy Bob flick.. :thumb:

wushuliu

« Reply #174 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:40 pm »
If you hate Tarantino why would you go see the movie to begin with?  :duh:

And as you probably would guess, I completely disagree lol....the performance of Christoph Waltz alone was worth the price of admission. One of the best supporting performances of all time and he was very deserving of the Oscar.

M'Kay

drjjpdc

« Reply #175 on: 1 Feb 2012, 02:31 am »

That's why I spent my money on a DVD of the Chuck Jones classic with Boris Karloff. There is more humanity in 2 minutes of the cartoon than in the entire movie!  :)

ajzepp

« Reply #176 on: 1 Feb 2012, 03:45 am »
M'Kay

Don't you walk away from me mister!!!  :P

Are you honestly saying that Christoph Waltz WASN'T excellent in this film? Perhaps you would have preferred Eric Bana?  :eyebrows:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #177 on: 1 Feb 2012, 04:59 am »
I guess it is inevitable when you have these discussions to get a few fliers.  Putting Inglorious Bastards and Reservoir Dogs amongst the list of Worst Ever.....?? Or even Bad Santa?

Oh well, I remember a family Christmas gathering with all the siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews,in laws,etc. all sitting around talking about the Best Picture of all  time.  Of course, you had the usual Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, Best Years of Our Lives, (my vote for A Man for All Seasons).... and then my Brother in Law comes up with Caddyshack.  Huh?  He was serious (and not an idiot- head of Pharmacy for one of the M.D. Anderson centers in Houston).   What can you say... :duh:

ajzepp

« Reply #178 on: 1 Feb 2012, 05:46 am »
I guess it is inevitable when you have these discussions to get a few fliers.  Putting Inglorious Bastards and Reservoir Dogs amongst the list of Worst Ever.....?? Or even Bad Santa?

:

I'm glad you said it...I was going to say it, but since I said Thelma and Louse, and most critics liked that movie, I would have been being hypocritical  :lol:

I think what we've done is allowed personal taste to get in the way of the discussion. If some of us, including myself, were being more objective, this list wouldn't have some of the mentions that it has.

Like STAR WARS!!!!  Doug!!!!   :wink:

drjjpdc

« Reply #179 on: 1 Feb 2012, 06:09 am »

Oh well, I remember a family Christmas gathering with all the siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews,in laws,etc. all sitting around talking about the Best Picture of all  time.  Of course, you had the usual Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, Best Years of Our Lives, (my vote for A Man for All Seasons).... and then my Brother in Law comes up with Caddyshack.  Huh?  He was serious (and not an idiot- head of Pharmacy for one of the M.D. Anderson centers in Houston).   What can you say... :duh:

There's only one thing to say; "Be the ball"...  :lol: