BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

jwsadauskas

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1560 on: 13 Feb 2021, 05:21 pm »
What controls the order tracks are listed in?

My files are named <track no.> <track name>, so the tracks always appear in the correct order in windows when listed alphabetically.  In album view, in some folders, the tracks appear in a different order. The track order provides a convenient, zero effort, implied playlist when the order is right.  It's inconvenient for classical pieces to have movements interleaved with other works.

alegar

« Reply #1561 on: 23 Feb 2021, 07:39 pm »
Hello, I own a BDP-1 USB and have been using it for several years.  Now I have a problem because when I put it into operation in Roon mode it works for me for a minute the BDP1 appears in Roon and after a while the BDP1 of roon disappears and it remains blocked, the buttons do not go and it does not allow access through its IP  .  Can you help me.

stereoclub

« Reply #1562 on: 24 Feb 2021, 11:26 am »
Hi,
Do you know if there is any compatibility issue between BDP-2 and DAC Matrix X Sabre Pro ?
Thank you

gbaby

« Reply #1563 on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:13 pm »
I think the only way would be to use shairport-sync with airplay.

I have tried shariport-syn. What is suppose to happen next? I still cannot get airplay through the BDP-3.

fcdvpds

« Reply #1564 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:26 pm »
Hi everyone! I am considering the BDP-2 to replace my Cd player with an Audio Note DAC 1.1 Signature.
I don't have an ethernet connection in my listening room and wish to use the front buttons.
I see from the specs that the front screen only supports two rows of 23 characters...may I know your opinion, is the BDP-2 usable without an internet connection?

I have checked my library and some album names are quite long...I wonder how the bryston handles long names in the front screen? Are the names trimmed or it is possible to see the whole folder and file name?

Thank in advance for the help. Cheers.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1565 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:32 pm »
Hi everyone! I am considering the BDP-2 to replace my Cd player with an Audio Note DAC 1.1 Signature.
I don't have an ethernet connection in my listening room and wish to use the front buttons.
I see from the specs that the front screen only supports two rows of 23 characters...may I know your opinion, is the BDP-2 usable without an internet connection?

I have checked my library and some album names are quite long...I wonder how the bryston handles long names in the front screen? Are the names trimmed or it is possible to see the whole folder and file name?

Thank in advance for the help. Cheers.

Hi

I would not recommend using the front display for anything other than monitoring or looking for IP address etc.

james

fcdvpds

« Reply #1566 on: 18 Mar 2021, 03:44 pm »
Hi James,

thank you for your super quick reply.
May I know if it still possible to purchase the mini wireless dongle?
Regards

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1567 on: 18 Mar 2021, 04:13 pm »
Hi James,

thank you for your super quick reply.
May I know if it still possible to purchase the mini wireless dongle?
Regards

Hi

Yes the dongle is available

james