BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

Lwxian

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1500 on: 29 Apr 2020, 12:14 am »
Hello,

That's quite odd, if you place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id I can take a look remotely.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Chris

Thank you so much Chris!

You have fixed the issue with the new firmware update!!!

Thumbsup!
Mr. Leong

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #1501 on: 4 Aug 2020, 01:18 pm »
Hey Chris, I have a question about the display of languages. For instance, my BDP-1 displays Enn Átti Loki Fleiri Börn as Enn ?tti Loki Fleiri B?rn, yet it displays song titles like Hel, jag vet mig väntar correctly. It doesn't even have a problem with the title of the latter's album name - Faþir. On the other hand, with the former, it just displays the title, while with the latter (different artist) it displays the complete route ahead of the title. It really wigs out with Russian. :lol: Obviously, this is not a serious issue nor is this a complaint, just a curiosity. All of my music ripped from CDs is in WAV format with very spotty metadata, so feel free to point the blame finger at me.  :slap:

S2.42 2020-04-15
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.21
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1502 on: 5 Aug 2020, 12:14 am »
Hey Chris, I have a question about the display of languages. For instance, my BDP-1 displays Enn Átti Loki Fleiri Börn as Enn ?tti Loki Fleiri B?rn, yet it displays song titles like Hel, jag vet mig väntar correctly. It doesn't even have a problem with the title of the latter's album name - Faþir. On the other hand, with the former, it just displays the title, while with the latter (different artist) it displays the complete route ahead of the title. It really wigs out with Russian. :lol: Obviously, this is not a serious issue nor is this a complaint, just a curiosity. All of my music ripped from CDs is in WAV format with very spotty metadata, so feel free to point the blame finger at me.  :slap:

S2.42 2020-04-15

That's hard to say, BDP's have difficulties picking up tag data from WAV files to begin with and accented characters need to be formatted at utf-8. Part of the problem could also be at some point I think I got so tired of WAV files being difficult I may have just made the title the file name due to some wierd problem.  If you place your unit into service mode and email or pm me the service id I can take a look remotely.

Chris

gbaby

« Reply #1503 on: 5 Aug 2020, 01:30 pm »

S2.42 2020-04-15

If you use dbpoweramp, you get all cover art importing wav files.