2011 NFL is Here!

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #160 on: 14 Nov 2011, 02:06 pm »
The Cards came up with a good win yesterday. They played tough and finished strong!

Bleeding green.....

Stick a fork in 'em...the Eagles are dead!!   :thumb:

George

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #161 on: 14 Nov 2011, 02:10 pm »
I would have really, really liked to have seen the Giants beat the 49's tonite.  The NFC East is still up for grabs, I suppose, but Dallas rocked while Philly was outplayed and NY barely missed winning tonite.  I'm takin Dallas tho I've come to really LIKE the Giants.  Houston, New Orleans, Green Bay, and the 49's win their divisions, I say.  I loved New England's performance especially against their rival, the Jets, and chances and I gotta pick Pittsburg in their division. 

The Seahawks beat the Ravens?  I'd like to see the sports section in the Baltimore paper THIS morning.  That Seattle must have mystified them.

I wish the Giants would have won as well.   :wink:  I still think the Giants can win their division, but it will most likely come down to the last month when they play Dallas twice.

As for the rest of the league...it sure has been a crazy year.  Lots of huge favorites getting blown out and some questionable coaching decisions.  Hard to predict how things are going to turn out. 

Anybody want to guess who beats GB and stops their run at an undefeated season?

George

jackman

« Reply #162 on: 14 Nov 2011, 02:37 pm »
This is the craziest year ever!  I'm happy the Lions lost yesterday.  That play on Cutler when Suh ripped off his helmet is a good representation of this team. I'm sure a lot of teams around the league watched the game with a big smile because Detroit is a dirty chippy team and the Bears handed it to them. 

Cujo, you can't be serious about that Stafford play.  He threw the guy down on the ground by his helmet and facemask and you are surprised Moore didn't take kindly to it?  It was funny seeing Stafford lay there while Moore kicked his sorry butt!   Stafford was just trying to take out his frustrations on the guys who picked 4 of his passes.  He should have been thrown out also and he probably wished he was - to avoid further embarrassment!  Also, that hit by Briggs on Johnson was totally clean and did not warrant a flag.  He hit him with his shoulder and the refs threw a flag?  That's just hard, clean football and I'm sure Johnson feels it today! 

Go Bears!  I'm not sure they have the offense to take them far but they have a great shot at the wildcard and could win at least 5 of their remaining games.  13 wins wont be enough to catch the Pack, but it's more than anyone around here anticipated.  Detroit is on a wicked slide and could easily lose 5 of their remaining games and miss the playoffs!   :D

rodge827

« Reply #163 on: 14 Nov 2011, 04:28 pm »
Stick a fork in 'em...the Eagles are dead!! 

There will be a memorial service for the Eagles at Met Life Stadium next Sunday morning followed by a burial in the evening. :cry:

All are welcome to attend :green:

Bled out.....
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2011, 11:50 am by rodge827 »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #164 on: 14 Nov 2011, 04:32 pm »
Will the Iggles fans show up with paper bags over their heads?   Or show up at all?   :violin: :lol:

'course my RAVENS didn't bother to show up against Seattle!  WTF?? :scratch: :duh:

Bigfish

« Reply #165 on: 14 Nov 2011, 04:40 pm »
I just keep getting surprised by the scores each and every week this season.  The Ravens act like playing the Steelers is a Superbowl and congratulations for their victories over my favorite team.  However, would someone remind them that they need to play and win the following week!  The 49's and Packers seem to be the only teams that are capable of consistent play eac week 

sts9fan

« Reply #166 on: 14 Nov 2011, 05:55 pm »
The Pats needed that win in a big way.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #167 on: 14 Nov 2011, 06:14 pm »
Bigfish - You forgot to mention the Colts - no team has been more consistent this season.

And be sure to watch the AFC West, the most competitive division in the league. Of course, they aren't competitive with the rest of the NFL but they have a hell of a turf war going down among themselves. Everybody's duking it out for that last place trophy.

Does anybody think the Broncos can beat the Jets on Thursday night? They have an advantage in that Ryan's boys just got throttled last evening and they have to be ready to confront the scoring machine, Tim Tebow in Denver 95 hours later. If the Jets lose this one, they are a longshot for the playoffs. Rex seems to be keeping quiet more and more as the season progresses.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #168 on: 14 Nov 2011, 06:35 pm »
Boy, Rex Ryan dropped a bomb on his QB and DeSean Jackson didn't even attend his team's game.  And Tim Tebow is becoming a winner.  Dude!

soundbitten1

« Reply #169 on: 14 Nov 2011, 11:29 pm »

Anybody want to guess who beats GB and stops their run at an undefeated season?

maybe tonight?

soundbitten1

« Reply #170 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:29 am »

twitch54

« Reply #171 on: 15 Nov 2011, 01:08 am »
Go Eagles....... :lol:.....ok Andy Reid leaves the Eagles, retires to So Ca and then takes over the coaching duties from Norv and guides the Chargers to the Super Bowl.........alright, I'll get back on my meds.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #172 on: 15 Nov 2011, 01:21 am »
Yeah I think the Ravens do treat the Steeler's games like a Superbowl, very strange.

Tebow is intriguing.  How you let a QB who only completed two passes beat you I have no idea.  2/9 and a wishbone offense, are you serious? These defensive coordinators should feel embarrassed.  I would have loved to be in the KC crowd to hear and see the reaction of the fans watching this happen.  Up to this point the guy seems to be a one trip pony but does his trick well.  More power to him, he's getting wins however in the world it's happening.  Now if Rex loses to Tebow I think he might just explode, no way his cocky defensive mind can allow a no armed QB beat him.  I predict Blitz, Blitz, Blitz.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #173 on: 15 Nov 2011, 01:53 am »
It's interesting to see the Bronco's dedication to Tebow. Running a classic college offense in the Pros? That's what they're doing, because Tebow does it well. And the Team is getting the wins.

The best teams are the ones that build around their star's strengths. The Broncos are doing that, to the extreme. I doubt they had any expectation of being Superbowl contenders this year, so this is kind of fun to watch.  :D

In the meantime, go Saints!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #174 on: 15 Nov 2011, 05:28 am »
Texans' Matt Schaub done for the season.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33315198/2
That is horrifying news for Texans' fans like me.  We are so good this year, so balanced.  Until this.  Damn.  Maybe this will become the story on USC golden boy Matt Leinert.  He won't find a better opportunity.  The team needs him to be the lance.  I'm hoping every player steps up a notch as a result of this.

Yeah, Jerry.  Denver's highlights on the telly blew my mind.  It was a pretty thing.  And go Saints.   

jimdgoulding

« Reply #175 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:46 pm »
They did a round table poll for the Houston Texans on ESPN's First Take this morning and it was unanimous.  Call Brett Farve! 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #176 on: 17 Nov 2011, 04:18 am »
They did a round table poll for the Houston Texans on ESPN's First Take this morning and it was unanimous.  Call Brett Farve!

Matt Leinart is getting the start. Matt was a GREAT quarterback for USC. Won the National Championship and the Heisman. Bench warmed under Kurt Warner and, of course, Matt Schaub.

I'm hoping he lights the place up!! :thumb:   He has the potential; he's a proven force in the pocket. He has a bye week to practice, as well. I really hope the kid does well. Something "Warner-esque".

We'll see

Bigfish

« Reply #177 on: 17 Nov 2011, 08:46 pm »
The announcers on Sirius NFL are predicting Rex will run his dad's famous Bear's defense against the Bronco's tonight.  If it were me I would play 8 or 9 in the box and dare Tim to try and beat me with his arm.  I still remember how silly he looked against the Lions.  The Jets are making a run for the playoffs and cannot afford to lose this game. 

This is a very interesting year and with all teams having 6 or 7 games left to play there could be a lot of surprises before this is over.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #178 on: 18 Nov 2011, 04:38 am »
Teebow!!

..thats pretty much all there is to say!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #179 on: 18 Nov 2011, 05:01 am »
Teebow!!

..thats pretty much all there is to say!

Yeah, Tim Tebow also has a Heisman in his living room, and a Championship ring to go with it.

I so hope these guys prove the media wrong.  :P