2011 NFL is Here!

cujobob

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #120 on: 24 Oct 2011, 12:25 am »
Detroit's loss was pretty awful.... Qb was terrible for second week and the refs had some very questionable penalties again. Next week will be a big game as Tebow will face heavy pressure and Detroit comes back from two straight losses at home.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #121 on: 26 Oct 2011, 11:34 am »
Tebow's passing looks very suspect.  His throwing motion looks like mine, positively juvenile.  The Ravens got whipped by a lesser team.  Better watch out for Pittsburg.  And the Jets rallied to win.  Impressive.     

cujobob

« Reply #122 on: 30 Oct 2011, 11:01 pm »
I'm not really feeling the Tebow hype right now, not because of his throwing mechanics needing a lot of work, but I just don't see him as that huge of a threat running the ball.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #123 on: 30 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm »
On my check sheet, there were no upsets today except one.  Indianapolis was a pick-em game at best for me.  Thought Pittsburg would easily handle New England.  Pittsburg is my pick for the SB, btw.  The Baltimore game was much closer that I imagined and, boy, the Cardinals must have had some kind of game plan for them cause they scored a bunch (this game wasn't televised down here).  Couldn't see the Denver game, either, but what a blowout.  Will check Tebow's stats in the morning.  Glad that Buffalo remains strong, Minnesota won one, and Detroit is back!  Now, somebody tell me what the hell happened to New Orleans???

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #124 on: 31 Oct 2011, 12:25 am »
I saw the Denver/Detroit game. Tebow is hopelessly, pathetically inept. The hype around him is completely unjustified. Orton is a far more effective QB.

The situation in Denver was started by Josh McDaniels but John Fox appears to be very capable of compounding the problem. After finishing 31st out of 32 teams last season, the Broncos cleverly snatched up the head coach from the only team in the league worse than themselves. McDaniels went on to work his magic on a very promising offense in St. Louis where he has dropped the Rams to oblivion. Meanwhile, a new coach has resurrected the Panthers which Fox had left for dead. And Elway is just getting started. I predict he is the next Matt Millen.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #125 on: 31 Oct 2011, 01:25 am »
10 minutes left in the second quarter and Rob Ryan has just watched his unbeatable defense give up its third touchdown. I love to see things go bad for either Ryan boy. Sorry to see Ruthlessgroper win against the Pats.

The NFL parity seems to have backfired. They seem to be moving toward all teams being equally bad. Only the Packers have failed to fail. It's probably because they have the best owner in the league.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #126 on: 31 Oct 2011, 02:00 am »
Most of the ESPN team had the Eagles on this one, even Skip Bayless, so I just went with the flow.  Big Andy is something like 100% after a bye week.  Dallas hasn't had like 5 min possession for the half I don't think.  What does that tell you.  The Dallas d looks conspicously slow, too.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #127 on: 31 Oct 2011, 10:32 am »
Dallas D only looks slow because of who is out there with them. If you and I were on the field opposite Dallas, they would look plenty fast.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #128 on: 31 Oct 2011, 10:50 am »
Dallas D only looks slow because of who is out there with them. If you and I were on the field opposite Dallas, they would look plenty fast.
Tell you who else looked very fast yesterday, Troy Palomalo.  Don't know how much of the Houston Texans you guys get in your area, but their back Foster is somthin else.  Man, he explodes as soon as he touches the ball and doesn't seem to ever entertain running laterally.  His yards gained per carry might be the best in the league.

rodge827

« Reply #129 on: 31 Oct 2011, 12:46 pm »
  Big Andy is something like 100% after a bye week.

Big Andy is 100% after the bye week 13-0. :thumb:

Good to see the "wide 9" comming together. I think all the starters were healthy for a change, and the offensive line did a great job last night. Jason Peters is one heck of an athlete!

How 'bout dem Iggles! :D

Bleeding Green.....

« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2011, 07:01 pm by rodge827 »

jackman

« Reply #130 on: 31 Oct 2011, 01:12 pm »
Iggle looked tough. They manhandled the cowgirls!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #131 on: 31 Oct 2011, 02:30 pm »
I just love seeing Dallas, Rob Cryin, and Tony Oh-No exposed.  The Iggles finally look like the team everyone expected them to be, perhaps they can dig out of their hole.  And the other brilliant game plan that exposed a team I have respect for, the Stillers played Brady and the NE defense perfectly denying them the forth quarter comeback that wins NE so many games. 

And those busting on Roethlisberger's off field behavior shouldn't talk unless they know the real story.  He wasn't a prince of gentlemanly behavior to be sure, but wasn't guilty of anything even remotely illegal or in fact, more than many of you here reading this have done.     

rodge827

« Reply #132 on: 31 Oct 2011, 02:42 pm »

And those busting on Roethlisberger's off field behavior shouldn't talk unless they know the real story.   

Aint it so!  :evil:

Same old media B/S....Headlines on Monday, page 25 recant on Friday :roll:

He's no saint, but he IS a real-deal football player :green:

twitch54

« Reply #133 on: 31 Oct 2011, 06:14 pm »
Congrats to the Eagles..........now all the emergency rooms in the Delaware valley can get back to normal.....OMG, it was pathetic around here for awhile with all the Eagle fans falling off the bandwagon !

This may come as a surprise to alot of football fans outside this area but there is a large percentage of Eagle fans that look to beating the Cowgirls as their measure of success.......God help them if they ever win a Superbowl, maybe then they will know what real success is !

As for us lowly Bills fans (yeah I know we lost four superbowls in a row) this year at least is starting off with a degree of respectability, something we haven't had in Bflo for a long time......keep it up Bills !

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #134 on: 31 Oct 2011, 07:04 pm »
Twitch - I don't have a list handy but I'm sure there are quite a few teams who haven't seen the big stage 4 times. Be grateful for that at least.

And my team is the Broncos - been there 6 times but only won two. Now we have Tebow by popular demand and prospects are very dim. At least you have a real QB.....and some kind of hope.

twitch54

« Reply #135 on: 31 Oct 2011, 07:06 pm »
At least you have a real QB.....and some kind of hope.

Not to mention......one with a 'real' education and an ability to speak 'the Kings English' !!  ....LOL !!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #136 on: 31 Oct 2011, 07:20 pm »
Right - there aren't too many Ivies in the NFL. I think Matt Birk is also a Harvard guy.

cujobob

« Reply #137 on: 31 Oct 2011, 07:44 pm »
I just love seeing Dallas, Rob Cryin, and Tony Oh-No exposed.  The Iggles finally look like the team everyone expected them to be, perhaps they can dig out of their hole.  And the other brilliant game plan that exposed a team I have respect for, the Stillers played Brady and the NE defense perfectly denying them the forth quarter comeback that wins NE so many games. 

And those busting on Roethlisberger's off field behavior shouldn't talk unless they know the real story.  He wasn't a prince of gentlemanly behavior to be sure, but wasn't guilty of anything even remotely illegal or in fact, more than many of you here reading this have done.   

He was a professional entertainer partying with an underage girl and messing around in a public restroom with another  on separate occasions. I don't care if he was innocent; he's too stupid to be in the position of a role model. If we're going to penalize and fine for endzone dancing, I would say this is on an entirely different level worthy of the mass scrutinization.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #138 on: 1 Nov 2011, 05:49 am »
Ravens vs. Steelers next week.  Yummy. 

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #139 on: 6 Nov 2011, 11:44 pm »
Are the Giants trying to lose this game?

They should be up 10-14 points at this point instead of tied 10-10. 

George