2011 NFL is Here!

soundbitten1

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #140 on: 7 Nov 2011, 12:37 am »
A thriller in Foxboro ... great win for the G-Men.  :thumb:

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #141 on: 7 Nov 2011, 12:40 am »
Giants score two TD's in the last 3:00 minutes of the game and pull out a victory at New England.

This was the first home loss for the Pats in their last 32 home games! 

I am going to have to start believing in the Gmen.   :wink:

George

twitch54

« Reply #142 on: 7 Nov 2011, 12:42 am »
is it me or is Manning luckier than a dog with two d*cks..........Belidick had better get that secondary fixed or the Pats won't go to far in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Giants........

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #143 on: 7 Nov 2011, 12:49 am »
If the Pats lose to the Jets next Sunday night they won't even make the playoffs.
This parity thing is getting pretty weird. Would you believe that the Denver Donkeys are only a game out of first place in their sorry division?

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #144 on: 7 Nov 2011, 12:49 am »
is it me or is Manning luckier than a dog with two d*cks..........Belidick had better get that secondary fixed or the Pats won't go to far in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Giants........

I think acknowledging Manning's skill is more appropriate than saying he is lucky.

While I have no illusions that he is at the level of Brady, Rogers, and his older brother, this year he is as good or better than anybody else who I didn't name.

George

jimdgoulding

« Reply #145 on: 7 Nov 2011, 01:35 am »
Geez, did Denver actually win one?  Steelers vs. Ravens just starting.  First play of the game a Ravens' TD was called back for holding.  Way to go zipperhead.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #146 on: 7 Nov 2011, 02:25 am »
Nothing unusual about the refs helping the Steelers. It's the real Rooney Rule.

And yes, the Broncos actually have 3 wins this strange year. Sure to add to the Tebow nonsense. All the media attention, having the best selling jersey in the NFL before he even reported to training camp as a rookie - these things just seem artificially generated like Joni Mitchell's "star-making machinery" was called into action. The American psyche is a mile wide and an inch deep.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #147 on: 7 Nov 2011, 01:02 pm »
Wow, the Steelers/Ravens game went to the wire, like 8 seconds.  I didn't think the Ravens would win this one like a lot of other people.  Hellofa game.   

rodge827

« Reply #148 on: 8 Nov 2011, 05:04 am »
Tough loss tonight....Man I'm getting tired of writing congtrat's to other teams :duh:, but the Bears won the good fight....Hat's off to the Bears and their fans!

Bears offensive line for President :green:

Bleeding green.....

jackman

« Reply #149 on: 8 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm »
Tough loss tonight....Man I'm getting tired of writing congtrat's to other teams :duh:, but the Bears won the good fight....Hat's off to the Bears and their fans!

Bears offensive line for President :green:

Bleeding green.....
Tough loss for the Eagles. Cutler had a great game and aside from two uncharistic turnovers by Forte I thought the Bear offense looked very solid. It's amazing how good Cutler is when he gets time to move in the pocket. Bears have only one receiver who can catch. That could be a problem!

soundbitten1

« Reply #150 on: 8 Nov 2011, 03:16 pm »
I agree, Cutler played a great game.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #151 on: 13 Nov 2011, 09:39 pm »
When you guys watch the high lights, check out Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald's catches.  Wow!  Way to go New Orleans.  It's yours now!  My Texans are comin, ya'll.  Dallas just went crazy on the Bills.

jackman

« Reply #152 on: 13 Nov 2011, 11:31 pm »
Bears are looking good.  Did Staffird smoke crack at halftime?

cujobob

« Reply #153 on: 14 Nov 2011, 12:08 am »
Stafford was off today....seems like a lull for the Detroit offense after the bye week. Plus bad special teams play that put them behind. Detroit's coverage team has been bruised up a bit (they're missing some of their better guys for most of the year I think) but it needs to be a lot better.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #154 on: 14 Nov 2011, 01:08 am »
Lot of cheap shots taken by Detroit! You watch the fines that will hit both teams tomorrow.Cha Ching!

cujobob

« Reply #155 on: 14 Nov 2011, 01:39 am »
I don't know if I'd agree about there being a lot of cheap shots. Fairley had Cutler's jersey and was already in the process of taking him down on that one play...it just looks worse in slow-motion. The play by Stafford was cheap but the defender wasn't exactly trying to push him off, he had a handful of Stafford and was preventing him from making the tackle with a hold. He tried tearing his helmet off which was wrong, but jumping at a QB after you held him and nailed his star WR in the head with a deliberate hit is a little...stupid.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #156 on: 14 Nov 2011, 03:24 am »
Tebow was on fire again today completing 2 of 8 passes for 69 yards and a TD. In fact, they said he has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 7 straight games. Hard to believe if you have been watching him all along like I have. In retrospect he seems like he was terrible most games. But he is the QB on a winning team these days. Broncos are tied for second place in their sorry division.

I think the question of the day is, "How the hell do you beat the Steelers and then get handled by the Seahawks?". Didn't see the game but I noticed Ray Rice didn't run for many yards.

This league is so screwed  up right now I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes shut out the Packers tomorrow night.

Lions are done - no playoffs for them. Philly is toast. SD looks to be washed up. Norv is gone.
Buffalo has fallen apart. 49ers have all but clinched NFC West.

After 9 games, who do you see in the Super Bowl? I'm afraid to guess at this point.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #157 on: 14 Nov 2011, 07:14 am »
I would have really, really liked to have seen the Giants beat the 49's tonite.  The NFC East is still up for grabs, I suppose, but Dallas rocked while Philly was outplayed and NY barely missed winning tonite.  I'm takin Dallas tho I've come to really LIKE the Giants.  Houston, New Orleans, Green Bay, and the 49's win their divisions, I say.  I loved New England's performance especially against their rival, the Jets, and chances and I gotta pick Pittsburg in their division. 

The Seahawks beat the Ravens?  I'd like to see the sports section in the Baltimore paper THIS morning.  That Seattle must have mystified them.

jackman

« Reply #158 on: 14 Nov 2011, 09:14 am »
Lot of cheap shots taken by Detroit! You watch the fines that will hit both teams tomorrow.Cha Ching!

Detroit has built a well deserved reputation as a team of chippy punks and they did their best to live up to it today. I was happy to see the Bears hand it to them last night. Good game by Bears' defense and special teams. Hester showed why he is the best return man to ever live.  He's a below average receiver but an awesome return man.

I was hoping Peppers would have returned the favor (on Stafford) for that cheap shot on Cutler, but he's too classy for that sort of thing.

Detroit got off to a good start this year but their schedule gets a lot tougher later this season. They get to play the Packers two times and should lose both games. The Bears have won four in a row and have a relatively easy season from this point forward. It looks like they will finish second to the Pack.

Green Bay appears to be the cream of the crop, Lthough I wouldn't be completely shocked if the Bears win their remaining game against the Packers.  Maybe surprised but not shocked

Cheers
Jack

rodge827

« Reply #159 on: 14 Nov 2011, 01:12 pm »
Tough loss tonight....Man I'm getting tired of writing congtrat's to other teams :duh:

The Cards came up with a good win yesterday. They played tough and finished strong!

Bleeding green.....