Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #220 on: 28 Nov 2011, 04:11 am »
B2,

The question is who's the boss?

I will stand behind the Giants when they are not playing my teams. I always route for the Saints and 49'ers. There are some things us men must never sacrifice :nono: WAF has no place in sports.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #221 on: 28 Nov 2011, 07:19 am »
Yes, indeedy, dem Saints are lookin good.  Drew Brees is an elite QB and leader.  What an irony with Matt Leinert (Texans) getting his chance to assume some stature in the league and he gets hurt.  Man, that's cold.  The Texans have a very good defense and running game but you MUST have a good QB to go with it to keep winning.  You know that Suh thing?  It was that little stomp that drew the flag.  His lack of self control hurt his team.  Impulsive and just plain dumb, big time.  Even if the guy was gouching his eyes out in the tussle, what he did after they disengaged could be seen by one and all and here come the flags.  Denver is a lotta fun!  Tebow IS a very big and pretty fast man and his arm seems to be getting it done.  So far, so good, to everybody's amazement.  I've become a fan.  Poor San Diego.  That franchise is in bad shape.  The worse thing I can think of in the league, besides what has befallen the Texans, is the loss of Cutler to Chicago fans.  I hate that!     
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm by jimdgoulding »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #222 on: 29 Nov 2011, 04:34 am »
Anybody watch the Saints and Giants tonight?

That's not a football game, it's a damned street brawl! Somebody is gonna get killed out there!  And the taunting is waaaaaay beyond classless! :nono:

It is, however, OK to see the Giants get beaten.   :lol:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #223 on: 29 Nov 2011, 05:04 am »
Drew Brees is really turning into a special player. He's that rare player who breaks every record while setting new ones.

San Diego let this guy go.  :duh:

Go Saints!!!

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #224 on: 29 Nov 2011, 06:46 pm »
I agree with anything a guy says that has the Saints logo for his avatar!  :green:

A fan since their 1st season way back in 1967. A lot of misery and now a few years of fun!

Gene

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #225 on: 30 Nov 2011, 02:30 am »
With a lot of football left to go in the season, consider this about Drew Brees:

Last night he tied Dan Marino for 27 career games with >350 yards of passing. It's the sixth time he's passed for over 350 yards this season. That ties Tom Brady's record of six, set in '07.

After last night, he is the only QB in NFL history to pass for >30,000 yards in seven years.

No player in NFL history has ever equaled the stats he put up last night: >60% completions; >350 yards; >3 passing touchdowns; no interceptions, and a rushing touchdown.

:o

rodge827

« Reply #226 on: 30 Nov 2011, 02:40 am »

It is, however, OK to see the Giants get beaten.   :lol:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cujobob

« Reply #227 on: 30 Nov 2011, 02:50 am »
With a lot of football left to go in the season, consider this about Drew Brees:

Last night he tied Dan Marino for 27 career games with >350 yards of passing. It's the sixth time he's passed for over 350 yards this season. That ties Tom Brady's record of six, set in '07.

After last night, he is the only QB in NFL history to pass for >30,000 yards in seven years.

No player in NFL history has ever equaled the stats he put up last night: >60% completions; >350 yards; >3 passing touchdowns; no interceptions, and a rushing touchdown.

:o

Definitely one of the best in the league...but no way could you compare QBs now and from the past...everything is different.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #228 on: 30 Nov 2011, 02:59 am »
...everything is different.

Starting with indoor games.  :thumb:

And not ending with the size, speed, skill, and strength difference of modern-day linebackers.  :thumb:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #229 on: 30 Nov 2011, 03:00 am »
Look at the current standings and I think you will be looking at the champions to come at the end of the season.  There are, however, a few close calls.  Atlanta, for example.  The Giants, for another.  I'll be watching the two games to come with the Giants and Dallas closely.  The indoor stadium the Saints practice and play in is not going to help them in the cold outdoor stadiums of the North. 

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #230 on: 30 Nov 2011, 03:00 am »
Unitas uber alles!   :bowdown: :bowdown:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #231 on: 30 Nov 2011, 03:12 am »
Unitas uber alles!   :bowdown: :bowdown:

Johnny U has a 51 year record of 47 consecutive games with a touchdown pass. In second place, all time, is Drew Brees, who currently has 38 consecutive games.  :thumb:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #232 on: 2 Dec 2011, 01:37 pm »
Could or should Houston have an interest in McNabb?  Maybe so.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #233 on: 4 Dec 2011, 09:28 pm »
I thought Atlanta would win today against my Texans and I thought the Vikings would beat the Broncos.  Happily, I was mistaken.  The Texans did New Orleans a favor, tho sustained more injuries.  Damn.  Go Giants!!!  I think their defense is gonna give em some momentum.

Whoa!  Did you see that?  Jason Garrett calls a time-out just when his kicker split the uprights with 7 seconds left only to miss a second attempt moments later and send the game into OT!  Say WHAT?  I bet Jerry Jones is beside himself.  Come on Giants, p-l-e-a-s-e.  It's a fiasco out there now.  There it is, Arizona wins by touchdown!

Oh wow.  Green Bay scores 35 points on the Giants and has an 8 point lead but with the G-men on the GB 3 yard line.  They did it!  Eight points and it's a tie ball game!  This is too intense!     
« Last Edit: 5 Dec 2011, 12:42 am by jimdgoulding »

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #234 on: 5 Dec 2011, 12:57 am »
 :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Green Bay beats my Giants on a game ending field goal.

The Giants went toe to toe with Green Bay, but they just couldn't stop them on the last drive.

Aaron Rodgers is one heck of a cool customer!

At least Dallas lost.   :thumb:

George

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #235 on: 5 Dec 2011, 01:24 am »
Has anybody else noticed how bad Jeff Triplette is as a referee? I expect a screwball game anytime he's calling it. That botched fair catch call on the Giant's last possession is one example.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #236 on: 5 Dec 2011, 01:30 am »
:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Green Bay beats my Giants on a game ending field goal.
The Giants went toe to toe with Green Bay, but they just couldn't stop them on the last drive.
Aaron Rodgers is one heck of a cool customer!
At least Dallas lost.   :thumb:  :wink:

George

And a mediocre Cards beat my Cowboys in overtime.  Again, my team can't stand prosperity.
Although, they beat the last couple of weak team, unlike their division rivals.
At least the Giants lost.   :thumb:

Scott

MaxCast

« Reply #237 on: 5 Dec 2011, 01:33 am »
That game was too intense.  The Packers need a defense.  Granted they have 5 injuries but they allowed too many points from the start of the season.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #238 on: 5 Dec 2011, 01:54 am »
Well, Max, ya can't have everything.  You already have the best quarterback in the system and a couple of defensive players to kill for and you just may go frickin undefeated.  Yer breakin my heart.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #239 on: 5 Dec 2011, 02:01 am »
It's really hard to see anyone in the NFC stopping the Pack.  That's just a strong, disciplined team.