2011 NFL is Here!

rodge827

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #100 on: 9 Oct 2011, 09:19 pm »
Tweeeet!

There's a flag on the thread........thunderbrick and twitch54 :roll:.... 10 yards for piling on :oops:!

The season is not over yet (wishful thinking), we do have more games to screw-up :duh:

Bleeding Green.....

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #101 on: 9 Oct 2011, 09:40 pm »
we don't have any sports teams that actually win anything Big...we have superstars on the Phillies-DONE!!!, we have superstars on the Eagles-DONE!!!!...I'm gonna go watch Darts or Bachi, its gotta be more fun!!!!! Oh well there is always the next owner!! :duh:

rodge827

« Reply #102 on: 9 Oct 2011, 09:48 pm »
we don't have any sports teams that actually win anything Big...we have superstars on the Phillies-DONE!!!, we have superstars on the Eagles-DONE!!!!...I'm gonna go watch Darts or Bachi, its gotta be more fun!!!!! Oh well there is always the next owner!! :duh:

Flyers ?  :green:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #103 on: 9 Oct 2011, 10:21 pm »
Tweeeet!

There's a flag on the thread........thunderbrick and twitch54 :roll:.... 10 yards for piling on :oops:!

That's what you get when your quarterback goes to the, uh, dogs!
 :lol: :thumb:

cujobob

« Reply #104 on: 11 Oct 2011, 01:33 am »
Awful first quarter of football here tonight...exciting to watch as a homer, though  :thumb:

Edit: Awful half from Stafford...hoping for a better second half out of this one.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #105 on: 11 Oct 2011, 02:57 am »
.... 10 yards for piling on :oops:!

Dogpiling?

:lol:

cujobob

« Reply #106 on: 11 Oct 2011, 03:25 am »
Bravo Jay Cutler for playing a fantastic game. Martz is going to get you killed, however.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #107 on: 14 Oct 2011, 02:40 am »

Found this on the www.

:lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #108 on: 14 Oct 2011, 04:09 am »
Tell me about it.  He's GOT to have a good game this weekend, right?  Oh, I pity the fool if he doesn't.  Of course, he's gonna need a team effort.  But, the heat is not on them.  We'll see.

Houston down here is gonna have to step up.  Mario Williams is out for the season.  And, Matt, baby, has to shine.  Something he's not always good at.  Give him what he needs, fellas. 

cujobob

« Reply #109 on: 14 Oct 2011, 04:11 am »
He will, just to keep people guessing about which Romo is the real Romo

jimdgoulding

« Reply #110 on: 17 Oct 2011, 03:04 pm »
Andre Johnson is missed by the Texans, large.  I didn't think they would win that one, either, given their injuries.  Some of the pundits I read thought Dallas might win their contest.  Coming off a bye week and the Pats with their porous defense.  I heard over the weekend that Romo has the highest completion ratio in the league.  That came as a surprise to me.  He had done a 180 in his attitude on the pre game interview I saw.  The 49'er's are beginning to look like a serious contender.  What a turnaround for that franchise.  The Eagles looked like they've turns it around.  And New Orleans lost, dang.  Glad somebody is happy.  It's early but Green Bay is playing like an odds on repeater.

jackman

« Reply #111 on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm »
I figured out a scenario in which the Bears can make the Superbowl!  All they have to do is play bad teams every week.  Oh, an if the planes carrying the packers, lions, and all of the good NFC teams collide.  At least they beat the Viqueens.  Not many bright spots this year for Bear fans. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #112 on: 18 Oct 2011, 05:48 am »
All the talk out here is about the Raiders picking up Carson Palmer before the trade deadline. Should be interesting to see if it happens.

The Niners look like the Playoffs are a reality, at least at this early stage.

Can't believe the Saints lost to Tampa...  :duh:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #113 on: 18 Oct 2011, 11:13 pm »
Especially after Tampa's terrible loss the week before.  They were picked to be a contender in their division, tho.  Let's see.  Gonna be tight down there.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #114 on: 23 Oct 2011, 09:55 pm »
The Texans had an easier time of it than anyone expected.  Man, that Foster is some kinda back.  He does indeed read would be tacklers and makes the right moves most often going fast forward.  Dallas is entering into the easy part of their schedule and may emerge yet as the winner of the NFC east.  Their games with Phil and the NY Giants should be interesting but I guess I'm picking them to do it.  It sure isn't going to be Washington.  That's two losses in a row for Detroit.  Anxious to see Carson Palmer as a Raider.  New Orleans needs to put the peddle to the metal else Atlanta may overtake them if they haven't already.  Pittsburg is coming on and that's good to me.  San Francisco . . what do ya make of them?
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2011, 11:29 am by jimdgoulding »

jackman

« Reply #115 on: 23 Oct 2011, 09:58 pm »
Has The Tebow era officially begun!??  Good comeback today.  Miami is t New England...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #116 on: 23 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm »
I think it probably has.  Imagine that will be a topic of discussion on ESPN's First Take tomorrow.  Too bad for Miami. 

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #117 on: 23 Oct 2011, 11:54 pm »
Has The Tebow era officially begun!??  Good comeback today.  Miami is t New England...

I still don't think he will amount to much, but I was happy as hell about the comeback.  Denver was one of my two picks today in my death pool and the win kept me in first place.   :green:

Wish I could say that I thought he would pull the win out...I was actually trying to figure out how I would recover from the loss with just a few minutes left in the game.

George

MaxCast

« Reply #118 on: 24 Oct 2011, 12:11 am »
I just gotta...    :dance:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #119 on: 24 Oct 2011, 12:19 am »
Broncos will be the cardiac team under Tebow. I don't know how many of you saw the whole game but Tebow stunk it up something awful until the final 3 minutes. Probably 85% of his offensive numbers came after that point. He had more yards passing at half time than he did at the end of 3 quarters. One thing Tebow accomplished today was keeping Andrew Luck out of Denver.
Chargers are an interesting case - over the course of 6 games, they have outscored their opponents by a total of 5 points. Not promising for them. Oakland looks very troubled and K.C.  is anybody's guess after today.