Poll

Would you be more likely or prefer to purchase room treatments if they had WAF friendly designs?

YES
NO

WAF friendly and effective room treatments

face

Re: WAF friendly and effective room treatments
« Reply #80 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:08 pm »
So, what's the next step for the rest of us?
How about a price range too.  I'm in the market for a few acoustic panels and bass traps.  Home made won't cut it for my living room.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #81 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:16 pm »
You would be surprised  the detail of quality in the printing. I will say that if you start with a 1"x1" picture and need a 100% detail to 24"x48" that might be asking alot, but from what I am learning about on this stuff it does 10000 times better then I would have thought. But yes you are better off to play it safe on the picture. Over time we are going to learn more and more about this stuff so it will become  clearer on what works perfect and what is so so on the quality. The nice part is (most people don't know this about me) I grow up in a print shop so I have a pretty good understanding of this stuff.

As far as the next step, we are going to pick out stock art to be used on panels. The plan would be to offer as many different styles and run them once a month or more depending on the amount of orders placed. That way we can group up more pictures to run all at the sometime. With that we should be able to offer custom pictures if people would like them. The custom ones will cost more but that will need to be priced at the time of ordering . My hope is just to charge the graphic set up which is not that bad. My hope is to be able to sell a Elite 242 for around $275.00 or so on the stock art. Not to bad if you think about what you are getting.

Glenn

face

« Reply #82 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:23 pm »
Just found someone else who offers something similar, I can't say I'm fond of any of their offerings though: http://www.echobusters.com/acoustic_art.html

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #83 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:37 pm »
Just found someone else who offers something similar, I can't say I'm fond of any of their offerings though: http://www.echobusters.com/acoustic_art.html

I am searching for info on size and pricing and see nothing. Anyone want to fill me in?

face

« Reply #84 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:39 pm »

I am searching for info on size and pricing and see nothing. Anyone want to fill me in?
http://www.echobusters.com/echobusters.html  Scroll down, right hand column. 

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #85 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:08 pm »
AH I guess we are priced pretty darn well. It is also worth noting that these panels will be 4" thick so it will  help in the bass range. Our thinking on this is some people may find that the back wall is the best place which  is where a lot of the low end nulls and peaks come from. You can't solve that problem with a 1" or 2" panel.

Glenn

mwoods

• DIY Enclosures LLC
« Reply #86 on: 1 Feb 2009, 05:20 am »
Glen,

These 3x 4" artwork acoustic panels look fantastic!  Please let me know when they will be available for purchase.  I wonder if you can find something music-related that works with green colors.  Here is my suggestion so that you can meet 90% (at a guess) of your customer's for this type of panel:  The music-related theme should always work... find something different that can blend into one of each of mostly primary colors.  You don't need an all red or an all green picture, just something that has a color that will pop out when used in a room that shares tones of that color.  Pretty exciting what you have going here!

mwoods

• DIY Enclosures LLC
« Reply #87 on: 1 Feb 2009, 05:43 am »
For example this should work well for your panels and would fit in with a room that has blue, and to a lesser degree red and yellow.

http://www.royallfineart.co.uk/images/Ko_Musician_with_Cello.jpg

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #88 on: 1 Feb 2009, 02:31 pm »
For example this should work well for your panels and would fit in with a room that has blue, and to a lesser degree red and yellow.

http://www.royallfineart.co.uk/images/Ko_Musician_with_Cello.jpg

Sure we could do that picture. We would just need the file from you to do it. Also though we will be finding stock artwork to use. BTW we can make them NOW for you if you would like some. aa

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #89 on: 1 Feb 2009, 02:35 pm »
Ok got the first ones hung!!!

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #90 on: 3 Feb 2009, 01:47 am »
Wow, Glenn, that is nice.

TomW16

« Reply #91 on: 3 Feb 2009, 06:20 am »
I have to say that I am impressed too.  Great job!

Rob S.

« Reply #92 on: 3 Feb 2009, 06:29 pm »
Those look real nice.

Glenn, do you advocate your panels having a little room behind them?  I seem to remember reading something about the panels being more effective if there was a couple of inches of air behind them.  Doesn't the wooden frame negate that?

Rob S.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #93 on: 3 Feb 2009, 06:37 pm »
Those look real nice.

Glenn, do you advocate your panels having a little room behind them?  I seem to remember reading something about the panels being more effective if there was a couple of inches of air behind them.  Doesn't the wooden frame negate that?

Rob S.

Actually the panel is built with a 2" gap between the mineral wool and the wall. The frame is 4" deep.  :D

Just a little update on ordering and so on. There has been so many ideas of what should be printed that I am leaning on just going down the road of ALL CUSTOM panels. Meaning you can have what ever you want on the panel if the art is supplied to us correct. I am working with the printer now to come up with all the rules on file submission to them. Look for more updates REAL SOON.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #94 on: 3 Feb 2009, 06:49 pm »
One other thing, if anyone would like the print I have we can do that. The price would be $775.00 (plus shipping) for all three panels. Note you can have either blond, red or walnut wood frames. EVERY man, WOMEN, pet and child that has seen them thinks it is TOTALLY COOL looking. In fact one of my good friends (a women) wants to buy them for her husband for Valentines Day. (hint hint hint) :beer:

Glenn

rydenfan

« Reply #95 on: 3 Feb 2009, 06:55 pm »
Glenn, it looks awesome  :thumb: nice job.

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #96 on: 3 Feb 2009, 06:56 pm »
 :idea:
Glenn, nice job sir.

Could you create that same picture/pictures on just one panel that was say 6'x4'?

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #97 on: 3 Feb 2009, 07:01 pm »
:idea:
Glenn, nice job sir.

Could you create that same picture/pictures on just one panel that was say 6'x4'?

Sure, but shipping it would not work out. When a box gets that size it has to go freight. Also we would have to charge more with working with a panel that size.
If you would like send me a email through my website and I can work up the costs for you to take a look. I will admit that it would look pretty  cool that way. WAIT I am not sure if I want your panel looking cooler them MINE!!!!  :lol: :lol:

richidoo

« Reply #98 on: 3 Feb 2009, 07:12 pm »
Looks cool!  8)

BradJudy

« Reply #99 on: 3 Feb 2009, 07:30 pm »
Very cool Glenn - this is the type of room treatment stuff I've been thinking would be neat.  Of course, I think being able to provide the photo to work from would be the best (almost everything hanging in our house are our own photos).  You'd be surprised how far you can stretch digital camera pictures without them looking bad.  Of course, if you're stretching it out to 4'x6' like here, then it gets trickier.