If You Could Send A Few Artists To An Early (Imaginary) Grave Who Would They Be?

nathanm

Surely no musician warrants the death penalty (figuratively speaking) simply by playing bad music, but nevertheless the mind does wander…  So who would you like to see disappeared from the music scene, never again to lower the standards of human culture?  Please, for legal reasons I ask that no one actually go out and hunt anyone down and kill them.  That's bad.  Also do not stalk or otherwise harass any given artist in this thread, unless you really really really can't avoid it.  Perhaps a fantasy exchange scenario could be made; you trade one living artist you want dead for a dead artist you want brought back, but in exchange you must sacrifice a second living artist you like.  Or something like that.  Burnt effigies and anthropomorphic piñatas are okay, but do make sure that any cinders or hard candy don't fly into the neighbor's yard.  Try to be nice with your hatred and derision.  Remember, there's no accounting for taste! 

• My ire was always raised by Puff Daddy, or whatever the hell he calls himself now.  But to be honest he hasn't bothered me in years.  Still, a lovely helicopter crash, overdose or bus turnover on his behalf would not bother me either.

• Artists who feel they have to vocally improvise all over the national anthem at sporting events.  I don't care whose national anthem it is, just sing it straight and sit the fuck down.

Hmmm…I thought I had more but I guess that's it.  Then again I don't keep up with pop culture that much.  If I did I'm sure the shitlist would be long indeed.

mcullinan

haha... funny.

My top "hit list"
Clay Aiken
Any American Idol Artist
Jonas Brothers
Michael Jackson
Madonna
William Shatner
Coldplay
any modern indie band, way too many, and every review says they are so original , next coming of jesus blah blah

rydenfan

Without Puff Daddy you would not have had Notorious BIG. Obviously, Biggie is not everyone's cup of tea but he is still one of the greatest hip-hop talents of all time. And an artist that could be included in the other thread.

rydenfan

I will add Miley Cyrus or Hanah Montana or whatever you want to call her

rydenfan

This recommendation I will likely need my flame suit for  :flame:, but I cannont stand U2 and/or Bono

Goosepond

• Virna!
Try this on for size:

Diana Krall can't sing!

Gene

rydenfan

Nice one Gene!

Does Hasslehoff count as an artist????

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
HA HA HA! Funny Nathan. I didn't think you had the 'nads to carry through with this.
"Good on ya, mate".  :wink:

First, I'd like to 'second' the recommendation for any artist who uses artistic embellishment on a National Anthem.
As a former NASCAR fan, I quickly grew tired of excessive vocal inflections during the anthem (sorry Nathan if I used improper grammar/words).  :P

I'd like to add any "artist" that's under twenty years of age that my children attempt to emulate.  :roll:
"You're poisoning their little heads what appears to them to be music".  :finger:

Here's the real list:
- Jonas Brothers, Back Street boys, etc...{Specifically, these kids by name} (second vote)
- Snoop Dog {You're not NEAR as cool as you think you are}
- Tom Petty
- Bob Dillion -- To both of you: Stop singing when you're in a great deal of physical pain. We could understand your lyrics much easier.
- 99% of rappers. Yup, pretty much all of them. Other than providing good material to test subwoofers, there's not much use for your music noise.
- Anybody who doesn't like Diana Krall  :P :wink:

As Nathan said, "I thought there would be more", but I don't listen to the radio at all anymore. I just (mainly) expand my music collection of artists who've proven their worth to me.

Bob

EDITED: Spelling for Nathan's sanity.  :wink:

nathanm

Toby Keith
Whitney Houston
Amy Grant

See?  I'm totally out of step with the times…

I seem to recall an SNL sketch with Tom Petty and Bob Dylan which consisted of little more than groans and whines.  It was pretty funny.  Not that I would sentence either one of them to death, cripes didn't Bob Dylan write like 51% of all songs that have ever been written?  That may be a slight exaggeration.

Bob, it's; inflections, grammar, and poisoning. :)

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Most any acoustic "folk music" artist.

You know, these type of people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Mighty_Wind

BrassEar

The Boss (who can't sing)

Babs Striesand (vocally jumps the shark on every song)

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
The Boss (who can't sing)

x2, How could I forget the one singer than makes me want to commit suicide every time I hear his voice? If you pay attention to the lyrics it makes it even worse.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
For fear of being added to "Nathan's Death List", I edited my gramatical errors.  
{I got rushed and didn't use spell checker}  :wink:

Bruce Springstien - Yea, good call. He's another one that's not NEAR as cool as he thinks he is.

Bob

baumer

My list starts with:

Ozzy Osbourne
Axl Rose

more to come...

ebag4

Dylan and Springsteen?? Shame on you Bob.  Maybe those of you who hate "The Boss" should turn off your tuners and start buying some music!!  There is a bit more by Bruce than what you have heard on the airwaves.

Flame away!!!  :flame:

rydenfan

Here's the real list:
- Jonas Brothers, Back Street boys, etc...{Specifically, these kids by name} (second vote)
- Snoop Dog {You're not NEAR as cool as you think you are}
- Tom Petty
- Bob Dillion -- To both of you: Stop singing when you're in a great deal of physical pain. We could understand your lyrics much easier.
- 99% of rappers. Yup, pretty much all of them. Other than providing good material to test subwoofers, there's not much use for your music noise.
- Anybody who doesn't like Diana Krall  :P :wink:

As Nathan said, "I thought there would be more", but I don't listen to the radio at all anymore. I just (mainly) expand my music collection of artists who've proven their worth to me.

Bob

EDITED: Spelling for Nathan's sanity.  :wink:

Please tell me that you are not being serious about Bob Dylan  :duh: I cannot even comment about how insane that is if you are a fan of music.

giantsteps

The                               Queen                                of                                    affectation  .................................. Patricia Barber!!!                         

:thumb:

Frank

Wayner

I wouldn't want to send anyone to an early grave, that comes soon enough. But there is some music I wish was never made:

Air Supply
Foreigner
Neil Sadakka
Berry Man hole cover (Manalow) (Spelling?)
Peter, Paul and Mary
Boy George
George Micheal
Bread
BTO

That is enough for now.

Wayner  aa

Wayner

Also

Any rap or hip-hop

W

Goosepond

• Virna!
I'd listen to Dylan before I'd listen Krall.  :thumb:

I'm old enough to have been around when Dylan came on the scene. To say the least, I found him different. Not my cup of tea. I had a hard enough time with the Beatles (where's the horns?)

But let 30 or 40 years go by and I accept Dylan and love the Beatles.

So I guess there's hope.

Except for Diana K.  :green:

Gene