If You Could Send A Few Artists To An Early (Imaginary) Grave Who Would They Be?

soundbitten1

Whitney Houston and all the vocal gymnasts that followed in her wake .

JoshK

Here here!  Or is that suppose to be hear-hear?  :scratch:

She inspired the entire genre of music that drives me absolutely bonkers.  I think she single handedly destroyed all that was good in R&B and soul.

Goosepond

• Virna!

Here here!  Or is that suppose to be hear-hear?  :scratch:

She inspired the entire genre of music that drives me absolutely bonkers.  I think she single handedly destroyed all that was good in R&B and soul.

Hang in there Whitney baby. I luv ya!  :thumb:

Gene

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
I tried but I just can't listen to P. J. Harvey or Sarah McLachlan.

Wayner

Here is another one. Anything with Garrison Keillor in it. That Prairie Home Chicken (his phony accent and all, IMO) should have been baked along time ago. Powder milk biscuits, my A__. A complete bore.

Wayner

doug s.

• makin' music
dylon, keillor, & waits are great, imo.  and, the boss woulda been fine if he stopped recording after his second album.  but, besides that, i don't even SEE any artists or musicians mentioned in this thread.  well, mebbe one or two.  the rest are artist/musician wannabees.  may they rest in peace...   :lol:

doug s.

nathanm

Wait, spare Puff Daddy from the flames of hell, and put in his stead: Mannheim Steamroller!!!  Go to the seventh ring of Hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Die Mannheim Steamroller! DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!  :uzi: :flame: :cuss: :shake: :banghead:

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Wait, spare Puff Daddy from the flames of hell, and put in his stead: Mannheim Steamroller!!!  Go to the seventh ring of Hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Die Mannheim Steamroller! DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!  :uzi: :flame: :cuss: :shake: :banghead:

nathanm, you should have included an * to credit wayner for the idea.  :lol:

MarkD

The Spice Girls, Hansen, Menudo, Backstreet Boys and all the other aural atrocities my girls subjected me to on the way to and from gymnastics practice.  They turned out well (my girls, not the singers), so I guess all is forgiven, but...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Here's three "note holders":

a. Barbra Streisand
b. Celene Dion (Thanks to the Canadians for keeping her away as long as they did.)
c. Whitney Houston  (a few more hits of the rock and I may get my wish.)

One thing I haven't learned yet on AC............Whens someone so succinctly summarizes three terrible vocal stylists that you strongly agrees with, DON'T laugh out loud and say "Hey, honey, listen to what this guy says!"

A moment later she turns to me and says, in a very low voice "Those are my three favorite singers, DEAR!"

Zero

The Smashing Pumpkins need to retire. The last album sucked wind...  lets remember them for what they were...  not the radio friendly garbage of "Zeitgeist"

nathanm

nathanm, you should have included an * to credit wayner for the idea.  :lol:
I know!  I did thank him in the other thread.  Mannheim Steamroller  must be like a repressed memory, something so horrible you don't want to think about it, and then someone reminds you.  The choir director in my high school first inflicted this dreck on us in a music class and then I later had to hear my uncle beaming about and playing MS every Christmas.  Augh!

PMAT

Can I just kill Diana Krall's hubby? And maim her for some of the shlep that she's done? Funny thing though, I just absolutely LOVE Live In Paris, but that's it. Definitely love/hate.
All Disney over-hyped cookie cutter music.
All whiny-chic music. "life is so complex and I'm doin my laundrrrrrryyyyy."

Philistine

Garth Brooks - and all the rest of his ilk that I could care less to remember.

Retraction
Shania Twain gets a free pardon.

Philistine

Kiss
Theatrical talent 10
Musical talent 0

Steve Morse
Technical skill 10
Ability to add soul & passion 0

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Twisted Sister. Every single damned one of them.  :cuss:

Jerry

Wayner

The Pet Shoppe Boys (boys?)

Blue Cheer (the worst "rock" band in the history of earth).

Soft Cell (the second worst).

Wayner

PMAT

Sarah McLachlan, her CD's should come with a razor blade inside. :violin: :violin:

giantsteps

Anyone who learns three chords.... steps on stage and .......ie........Bruce Springsteen!

Frank

AudioSoul

Death is to serious of a subject to have such a flipent additude, whether real or imaginary. Life is to valuable to just get rid of someone just because you dont like something about them. Thats whats wrong with our disposable society anyway......... :cry: