If You Could Send A Few Artists To An Early (Imaginary) Grave Who Would They Be?

giantsteps

WTF...let's send those who don't know how to spell to hell as well! :icon_twisted:

Frank

soundbitten1

Anyone who learns three chords.... steps on stage and .......ie........Bruce Springsteen!

Frank

I love 3 chord rock . Just because it's simple dosen't mean it's no good . Springsteen's singing however can be too bombastic at times .

Brown

For me its simple . All of em. Rap ? Are you kidding. Pop ? Not any more. Today's music is terrible at best IMO. Its all about the show and hype. Music whats that.

sts9fan

Yes I agree with Brown.  Music should always stay the same.  Old is always good and there are no good new artists (can you believe they call themselfs that???) today.  Long live old timey music!!!

nathanm

Death is to serious of a subject to have such a flipent additude, whether real or imaginary. Life is to valuable to just get rid of someone just because you dont like something about them. Thats whats wrong with our disposable society anyway......... :cry:
He's right.  Far too many bands have been wiped out by the ill wishes of audiophile message boards.

Okay, how about a less serious subject: English!  Uh oh!  You've made me get out my red pen!
Death is too serious of a subject to have such a flippant attitude, whether real or imaginary. Life is too valuable to just get rid of someone just because you don't like something about them. That's what's wrong with our disposable society anyway. :cry:

Twisted Sister. Every single damned one of them.  :cuss:

Jerry
Aww come on, it's campy fun.  Don't forget that Dee Snider, along with the much-wished-alive Frank Zappa, went before the powers that be to defend our rights against the forces of censorship.  Say what you will of rock bands in goofy outfits, but anyone with the stones to go into the belly of the beast and fight the good fight earns my respect.

ST-2A3

Death is to serious of a subject to have such a flipent additude, whether real or imaginary. Life is to valuable to just get rid of someone just because you dont like something about them. Thats whats wrong with our disposable society anyway......... :cry:

:roll:

ZLS

True Story;

A family member has the need for a visiting nurse.  In the course of conversation it came up that this nurse's Mother is in the advanced stages of Alzhiemer Disease and one of the few things that she responds to is music.  The Nurse told me how her mother responds to CD's of Yanni!  I quicly burned a copy of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Music and said try this. and her mother has been listening to it ever since!  Yanni got kicked to the curb!

Regarding the 3 Note Divas, it takes a long time to learn what notes not to play  (I believe it was Dizzy Gillespe who said this but please correct if I am wrong)  I have modified this to Just because you can sing a note don't mean you should! 

Regarding Rap, The Genre must be saved solely because Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" 

Now when it comes to "Smooth Jazz" it is a blasphemy unto the lord, and any artist in the field should be forced to listen to Brittney Spears sing without any makeup or costume changes and especially without any  electronic "Help"

I can think of no greater punishment.   

nathanm

Playing Yanni to helpless elderly people?  Isn't that cruel and unusual punishment!? :P

sts9fan

I would send the intrawebs grammer police.  Man what a world without them!!

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I would send the intrawebs grammar police. Man, what a world without them!

Fixed it for you.  :nono:     :green:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
    Now when it comes to "Smooth Jazz" it is a blasphemy unto the lord,
You sending Dave Koz to Hell too? What about Mindi Abair and her saxophone? Aawwww dooood!  :nono:
And Chick Corea, and Candy Dulfer, and David Benoit, and Joyce Cooling, and Boney James, and Kim Waters, and Wayman Tisdale.  :cry:
Say it ain't so man. Say it ain't soooo.

Does this quote sum up your feelings for Smooth Jazz?:

The term "Smooth jazz" seems to inspire controversy. Normal jazz purists contend that smooth jazz is, in actuality, not jazz of any kind, regarding it as a misleading marketing buzzword that represents an attempt to hijack the ostensible prestige of jazz in order to sell what is really a form of "elevator music". They consider the smooth jazz genre uninspired, lacking the depth of expression, harmonic and rhythmic sophistication, and complex improvisation that are hallmarks of traditional jazz; substituting, at times, trite and hackneyed musical phrasing. Recurring accusations charge smooth jazz with offering a watered-down sound whose aim is to appeal to a larger, mainstream, middle class white audience, though, notably, radio demographics have indicated that middle- and upper-middle class African Americans constitute what may be a significant percentage of smooth jazz listenership.

If so, then we could change the name of the genre so it doesn't step on anybody's toes.
We could just call it........Smoooth.  With extra emphasis on the O's.  8)

Bob

EDIT SPELLING: For those "anal retentive folks among us".  :P

doug s.

• makin' music
chick corea is certainly not smooth jazz...

doug s.

giantsteps

Now when it comes to "Smooth Jazz" it is a blasphemy unto the lord,
You sending Dave Koz to Hell too? What about Mindi Abair and her saxophone? Aawwww dooood!  :nono:
And Chick Coreha, and Candy Dulfer, and David Benoit, and Joyce Cooling, and Boney James, and Kim Waters, and Wayman Tisdale.  :cry:
Say it ain't so man. Say it ain't soooo.

Does this quote sum up your feelings for Smooth Jazz?:

The term "Smooth jazz" seems to inspire controversy. Normal jazz purists contend that smooth jazz is, in actuality, not jazz of any kind, regarding it as a misleading marketing buzzword that represents an attempt to hijack the ostensible prestige of jazz in order to sell what is really a form of "elevator music". They consider the smooth jazz genre uninspired, lacking the depth of expression, harmonic and rhythmic sophistication, and complex improvisation that are hallmarks of traditional jazz; substituting, at times, trite and hackneyed musical phrasing. Recurring accusations charge smooth jazz with offering a watered-down sound whose aim is to appeal to a larger, mainstream, middle class white audience, though, notably, radio demographics have indicated that middle- and upper-middle class African Americans constitute what may be a significant percentage of smooth jazz listenership.

If so, then we could change the name of the genre so it doesn't step on anybody's toes.
We could just call it........Smoooth.  With extra emphasis on the O's.  8)

Bob

Spelling? Chick Coreha? I'm losin' it. Let's get rid of bouncers too! :evil: :lol:

Frank

nathanm

How about rough jazz?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture_Garden_(album)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Guignol_(album)

If you suspect your girlfriend has Chick Corrhea, it's probably best to see a doctor and have it checked out.

giantsteps

How about rough jazz?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture_Garden_(album)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Guignol_(album)

If you suspect your girlfriend has Chick Corrhea, it's probably best to see a doctor and have it checked out.

:rotflmao:

Frank

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
chick corea is certainly not smooth jazz...
Ok, you couldn't lock him in the Smooth Jazz room and throw away the key as his music spans several genres, but his music sure is played on Smooth Jazz stations a lot. That's what I was basing my opinion on.

Jeez, you spelling-bee champions sure are quick to jump on a guy for an occasional slip. Damn...
I've edited my post to show respect for Mr. Corea and to halt the lynch mob.

Bob  :wink:

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
I'd like to sacrifice the cookie monster!  :guns:
Never liked him!!! He sing terrible! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUFxaauNTE Well not for me!!!

And I'd like the animal from muppet show back!!!
Yup!! Ah! That's more like it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM6o1Hv7ec0  ... oh Wild thing!!  :thumb:
Not to forget: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofaoW9_AoY8&NR=1 ... a compilation!

Imperial (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  :wink: )

Wayner

The Swedish chef sang once in awhile, ya know....insk, sinky isker tweeter doo. Mork, mork, mork.

Wayner  aa (I'm Norweign)

nathanm

Hell, I'd like to have Jim Henson back from the grave.  Oops, wrong thread!

giantsteps

Spelling watch dogs.

Nathan and I are rivals. Speaking of corruption he receives .....well.............. the revenue from Sonicrock ...........f$#@%@....I'll just shut up.

Frank