If you could bring just one artist back from the dead... who would it be?

soundbitten1

Hi,

Buddy Holly.  He was career was cut way too short.

Regards

Rod

Buddy Holly was moving toward orchestrated pop and away from rockabilly at the time of his death . He may have well become a studio genius like Phil Spector or Brian Wilson had he lived .

martinr

Tony Williams - a great Jazz Drummer and Jaco Patorious - Jaco became mentally unstable after he broke ground and set the standard for fretless electric base, he tried to get into a nightclub backstage one night and a bouncer beat the !@#$ out of him - my understanding is he was left to die, a tragic ending for such a talented individual.

slinco

Lots of great names listed so far, but most had long careers and left us lots of music. I choose Jeff Buckley - he was just getting started. An extraordinary loss....

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Tony Williams - a great Jazz Drummer and Jaco Patorious - Jaco became mentally unstable after he broke ground and set the standard for fretless electric base, he tried to get into a nightclub backstage one night and a bouncer beat the !@#$ out of him - my understanding is he was left to die, a tragic ending for such a talented individual.

Good point.  What would have happened to Pink Floyd if Sid stayed sane?  :o :o

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

I could use a good laugh...... (nice sport coat) :lol:

Tiny Tim....... :dance:

rajacat

• Washington State

nature boy

Lawrence Welk, my Saturday nights are yust not the same without him.  What a classy dresser.

NB

Russell Dawkins

Classy, indeed, and I can't resist this classic performance from his show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3ecDYxOkg

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King

Bigfish

Oh yea, Freddie Mercury! I forgot about him. He's another dude I'd like to have making music again.

Bob

I would also like to cast a vote for Freddie Mercury. 

Ken

Russell Dawkins

John Lennon - I was looking forward to seeing what he would write as he got older.

Beethoven - I would like to hear what he would think of contemporary music, and what he could do with a synthesizer./ I can't imagine what someone with his level of creativity could produce with the tools available today.

bundee1

I know Im going to get flamed to hell and back but my vote goes to the

Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls

I was hoping he would slap Sean P Diddy Combs and free himself from the crappy pop productions and put his talent to better use with better producers. I dont think Hip Hop would be as sorry as it is now if he were still alive.

I also think this thread should be change to " If you could bring just one artist back from the dead for 10 more years... who would it be?" because they would all eventually sell out and make crappy pop music *cough McCartney, Dylan, Santana etc cough*

jimdgoulding

Eva Cassidy, Laura Nyro.  Gil Evans, Tony Williams.  Mingus, Monk.  Rodgers and Hammerstein.

TerryO

I'd bring back Mozart long enough for him to hear Beethoven's 3rd Symphony. Had Mozart actually gotten to hear the Third Symphony it's possible that he might have gone on to compose something even better!

If Mozart couldn't make it, I'd fetch Wagner and take him to Hollywood to see all the Special Effects Labs. No telling what might have come out of that, but I'm willing to bet it would rival and probably best "anything" that's been done so far by Lucas, Spielberg and John Williams.

As far as modern Artists go, I'd have to have Caruso and Yma Sumac singing duets with modern recording equipment taking it all down.

I can think of a lot of others that would earn me the eternal gratitude of future generations 'til the end of time.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
John Holmes.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Unless I missed it, I'm very suprised to have not heard the names Elvis, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison.

darrenyeats

I vote Prince as artist that DID come back from the dead (with Musicology)!
Darren

PS: I'm highly impressed that my Dad has seen (amongst many others) the following acts live in concert: The Beatles; Frank Sinatra; Nat King Cole! I would love to have seen these three.

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Bob, George mentioned JM

Jim Morrison

I am not sure you would get a better rock performance (assuming he was in a state to perform that night).

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Hard one.

Janis Joplin or Freddy Mercury

amadeus916

• Aperion Audio

And oh what a day it would be...I got into the man just a hair to late to see him live.  :(