If you could bring just one artist back from the dead... who would it be?

ZLS

Bix.

And what if you could go back in time and see one concert or jam session? Supposedly, Bix and Armstrong got together and jammed afterhours one night in Chicago.

Scott

Keeping with the Jazz theme, I would have to say it would be the night that the Original Count Basie Band out of Kansas City showed up at the Savoy Ballroom (The Home Of Happy Feet) to challenge the House Band led by Chick Webb.  You want to talk about dance music; you want to see dance moves that would Dancing With The Stars to shame; this was it.  If only...

jimdgoulding

Zack- There is some good music and action as you describe in recently passed Robert Altman's movie, Kansas City.  Boy, that's a pretty sucker to watch in hi def, too, on a display that does color well.  The wide shots in the club are down right atmospheric and the tones of color magnificent.

panomaniac

Wow, you guys want to bring back the recent dead.  Can't they just R.I.P. ?  At least for awhile....

Figures that Russell would say it first, but yeah - lovely, lovely Ludwig Van.  Not even my fav, but Beethoven would  be the cat to bring back.  What would he make of our music - and our interpretations of music he knew?  He might wish to be deaf again.  :lol:   Or he might have the time of his (new) life.

Other than that, I gotta go with TerryO's list.

PhishPhan

For sure Nick Drake.

+1. Ii can't believe I forgot Nick Drake. Brilliant for sure and died way before his time.

rmassey

Duane Allman  :thumb:

BradJudy

Look who's decided to slum it over on AC.  :)

sfox50

Two- Keith Moon & John Entwhistle- because Lord knows those two would make the living two complete!

yooper

Hmmm,  bring one artist back from the dead.  :scratch:  I had to think on this for a bit, but I choose....

Bob Ross

Ok, enough of my nonsense.  I would like to hear what Elvis Presley could pull off if he were in his prime years today. 

My wife said to put her vote in for Eva Cassidy.  I give her recommendation a big thumbs up too, she was brilliant.

Mark

mjosef

May they ALL stay very DEAD. RIP. DCB.  :thumb:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.

Mia Zapata - Just didn't deserve what she got 

texasphile

No one.

I say just enjoy the memories associated with each of "the best."

Isn't that what really counts, the feeling and moods that the artist or band created within you?

Chris

soundbitten1

Elvis would have probably done well on American Idol

kbuzz3

ill throw in an a relatively obscure one, who died on the cusp of a real breakthrough: Ted Hawkins

soundbitten1

Slim Harpo , my favorite R&B artist of the late 50's & early 60's .

Scottdazzle

Warren Zevon

rmassey

Look who's decided to slum it over on AC.  :)

Hey at least my choice is from GA, your new stomping ground. 

So ya working yet, you bum?   :lol:

Lazz

Definitely all of the above.But they would all have to stand in line for this man-Freddie Mercury!
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lDckgX3oU_w
Watch all 5 parts.

hayseed

Roy Orbison, Luciano Pavoratti if only for Nessun Dorma (sp?), and Bing Crosby.  Can you imagine Bing is a modern recording?

Sorry for not catching your final point until some weeks after you made it, but I thought you might want to know that Bing's final LP, "Seasons," released posthumously, is extremely well-recorded and a CD reissue is due to come out sometime soon. The producer, Ken Barnes, did excellent work with Bing on some of his last few recording projects. Bing's highs are thinner on Seasons, but his lows practically rattle the windows.  The interpretations of the songs may particularly impress you.  I believe Bings' Lps with Buddy Bregman and Bob Scobey were both released on CD.  People who want to hear a jazzier Bing in his 1950's vocal prime, search out one of those, or the first of his two albums with Rosemary Clooney "Fancy Meeting You Here." 

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor

Michael Brecker

VIDEO SAMPLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yqhO4saX6g&feature=related

gray49

Eric Dolphy...
Peace...
Stuart