If you could bring just one artist back from the dead... who would it be?

Zero the Hero

Man, not one vote for Randy Rhoads or even Cliff Burton

nathanm

Let's keep in mind that we can't actually bring any of these dead people back to life by voting.  What we can do however, is vote on which currently living artists ought to be hunted down and killed in a manner befitting their sonic crimes.  (Perhaps a separate thread?) Then we can organize a proper lynch mob and get the job done.  Sure it's fun to dream about grave robbery and reanimation, but it's better to focus on what we can realistically accomplish today.

Russell Dawkins

Nathan!!!  :lol:

This sounds like a separate, but very worthy thread.

Do you remember Second City Television (SCTV)? There was a great running bit on there about who would "blow up real good" where someone would be mentioned and a likeness of them (an impersonator) would be shown in the act and they would be blown up. It was perversely satisfying, like the Gong Show.

Demarche

Glad to see Phil Lynott mentioned early and often :thumb:.
Here's a few more for the list
Bon Scott  :rock:
Country Dick Montana
Terry Kath
Jim Ellison (Material Issue)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Nathan - Great idea. Let's do it.
{The thread I mean......NOT the actual killing part.}

I'm sure a "kill thread" would be banished rather quickly.  :wink:
Bob

Scott F.

.....What we can do however, is vote on which currently living artists ought to be hunted down and killed in a manner befitting their sonic crimes.  (Perhaps a separate thread?) Then we can organize a proper lynch mob and get the job done.

I laughed out loud at that one.

Russell Dawkins

Tony Bennett  aa

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Jesus Christ....he was lead singer for the group "The Apostles"

He already arose from the dead once already.  :wink:

Randy Rhoads was one of my first thoughts (he was just a personal favorite), but Eva Cassidy would certainly be a good one too.

soundbitten1

Bobby Fuller . He was the missing link between Buddy Holly and the Beatles . Wrote a lot of great songs and died under mysterious circumstances . I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a movie about his life .

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:kbfixqu5ldhe~T1

craig223

We should all be glad that these great musicians were recorded for our enjoyment after their deaths.  The performances of all the great artists before 1900 are lost in time.

A couple of guitar greats from my youth that I wish were still recording; Duane Allman and Roy Buchanon.

Another idea for a thread would be great up-and-coming artists that have not become famous yet.

Craig

nathanm

How could I forget Dimebag Darrell.  Getting gunned down on stage?  That ain't right.

K.C.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
How could I forget Dimebag Darrell.  Getting gunned down on stage?

He was a really good one. I'd hate to have to be remembered as "Dimebag" too. That seems like an awful thing to be remember for.

If you want to hear from dead people just go hear:

http://www.iheardeadpeople.com/

acwd1950

Patsy Cline, Ricky Nelson, Waylon Jennings. A few more greats to add to the list.

Steve

jimdgoulding

Boo-booed in my reply and just to clean it up and add some music men, I meant to say the George and Ira Gershwin, not Rodgers and Hammerstein tho they might be good trip for somebody else.

giantsteps

Miles

Frank

John Ryder

For sure Nick Drake.

soundbitten1

The afterlife sure seems more promising than the future on earth as far as music goes . Can you imagine the fantastic concerts you could attend up there ? They would be to die for .   :o

ThomDP

Jackie Gleason  :thumb: aa

scottw

Bix.

And what if you could go back in time and see one concert or jam session? Supposedly, Bix and Armstrong got together and jammed afterhours one night in Chicago.

Scott