FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers >< SOLD At LAST

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers
« Reply #80 on: 23 Jul 2007, 06:42 pm »
George - I'm unfocused on Vanderateen myself so I'll let you guys duke that out.

I started out this morning at $7500 and dropped it to $6850 a few hours ago. Doesn't that seem like it is working both ways? I'm only $100 above the halfway point right now between your $6K and my asking price. That logic works for me.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #81 on: 23 Jul 2007, 06:43 pm »
macro,

the red wine case is a perfect example of when stuff sells for closer to retail when used - big buzz for its market, new product, long wait for buying a new one, etc...

also, it seems the main improvement, from what mike sez, is the cabinet construction - have you queried zu about selling you only the cabinet?  you could swap out everything else, & mebbe save a few dollars.  zu might be willing to work with you on this...

doug s.

doug s - I sold a Red Wine Audio Sig 30 for $1250 when the list price was $1400. There was a waiting list for new ones and the unit was not quite broken in. The other reason why the price was held so high is that it was a factory-direct item. They just don't drop in value like the whored out dealer stuff.

Miklorsmith - I like having the internal amp option but do not expect it to be as good as the Crown. Outboard EQ will still be needed for bi-amping but Zu claims to have something new in the works. I could certainly keep my amp and EQ for the new speakers. Everything else you said about the Def 2 is true.
Unlike yourself I never owned 1.5s so I don't really know what the difference would be in my room. But I can guess that the Crown is vastly better because it is so much better than the NAD and the Pass that I used before. The other thing about the Def 2 that tempts me is the custom paint thing I didn't go for the first time around.

It might be true, however, that Doug is right about the ultra rare Def Pro being more valuable in 10 years. It's got all the makings of a collector piece.

George - Did you notice this morning's price drop? You're only $850 short at $6K. And Doug thinks you should drop your Vandy's like a hot rock and grab these. You already have a Crown and an EQ so they ain't much in your way.

Everybody -- Just for the record, there have been fewer than 10 pairs of Zu Definitions up on Audiogon EVER. Of those, only three (mine included) have been the Pros. Meanwhile there have been hundreds of pairs of Druids sold. I don't see a very direct parallel there.

mcullinan

« Reply #82 on: 23 Jul 2007, 06:46 pm »
if i come to your door 75 percent naked can i get 90 percent off retail?
Mike

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #83 on: 23 Jul 2007, 06:49 pm »
You don't see a direct parallel with speakers that use the same main drivers and super tweeters?  Oh yeah they are also made by the same company in the same factory.

What I don't see is what I said. One item is available in constant supply at a well established "going rate" and the other is rarely available at a yet to be determined fair market value. They say that the value of something is the point at which willing buyer and willing seller converge. The more times it happens the more refined and established the procedure the more certain we feel. This deal remains uncertain despite your inept rationalizations.

You wouldn't want Tom Brady's brother quarterbacking your Pats despite the fact that he's made of the same parts in the same factory.

sts9fan

« Reply #84 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:03 pm »
Be nice!  I like to think my Druids are better then Tom's brother!! :evil:  I think you need to just chill and let the buyer come.  Things take time.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #85 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:08 pm »
Maybe you should add (Price Drop) to the subject title on this thread... :thumb:

FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers (Price Drop)

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers ***PRICE DROP***
« Reply #86 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:21 pm »
Thanks for that suggestion, Chris. How's it look?

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #87 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:25 pm »
Be nice!  I like to think my Druids are better then Tom's brother!! :evil:  I think you need to just chill and let the buyer come.  Things take time.

I can't quit now -- the next roll of the dice will be my big payday. Momentum is building. Can't you feel it?
Any second now one of you guys is going to be so overcome with lust for the ownership of these speakers, that you'll do or say anything to get them into your listening room.

If you don't believe me, see mcullinan's post above. He's obviously got the spirit in him. Can I get a witness?0

lonewolfny42

« Reply #88 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:30 pm »
Looks good...now people know...going strong....over 3,000 views... 8)

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #89 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:30 pm »
They say a man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs and a woman will pay $1 for a $2 item she doesn't need.

I think it's good to keep that in mind when considering how badly you want something. It probably explains why no women are contacting me.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #90 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:32 pm »

Thanks again, Chris. I've been getting fan mail. I had one from Australia this morning. He says I'm a legend.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #91 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:38 pm »

Thanks again, Chris. I've been getting fan mail. I had one from Australia this morning. He says I'm a legend.
Nice.... :beer:

Lets ask another question....will there be any problem with shipping the Zu's ?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #92 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:47 pm »
Somebody needs to buy these in a hurry, if this family doesn't get enough money for haircuts soon there's likely to be another Sasquatch scare out west!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #93 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:51 pm »
Nope. Fedex Ground from my house to Long Island is about $250 fully insured total for both speakers. The boxes are 21 x 20 x 56 and weigh about 120 lbs. each. I work for a small regional freight company and can have FedEx pick them up at our warehouse for some savings.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #94 on: 23 Jul 2007, 07:56 pm »
Somebody needs to buy these in a hurry, if this family doesn't get enough money for haircuts soon there's likely to be another Sasquatch scare out west!

Thank you for providing an excellent example of a non sequiter. I'm certain that many of our readers have never seen such a fine example. I can't begin to fathom what inspired such a leap. You might have done better by just using the family photo in my Audiogon ad. We all have long hair in that depiction, though nothing quite like the "family" in your photo.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #95 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:06 pm »
Just trying to help you get a few more views, and amuse myself in the meantime  :jester:

The logic really wouldn't follow if I posted a picture of myself from about 2 years ago!  I made your boys look like Stockbrokers.

miklorsmith

« Reply #96 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:07 pm »
Is this the longest "For Sale" thread ever?

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #97 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:09 pm »
I don't need them and couldn't afford them anyway, but otherwise I'd be tempted to buy them just to pay for the entertainment. :D

topround

« Reply #98 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:10 pm »
I love this thread :lol: :inlove:
this is the funniest thing I ever read on AC

F-100

« Reply #99 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:16 pm »
Some of the guys here might buy them if you would include an All Inclusive vacation package at Mustang Ranch with the speakers.  :lol: :lol:

Just a suggestion...