FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers >< SOLD At LAST

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers ***PRICE DROP***
« Reply #100 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:28 pm »
Some of the guys here might buy them if you would include an All Inclusive vacation package at Mustang Ranch with the speakers.  :lol: :lol:

Just a suggestion...

The Mustang Ranch is no longer....its gone.
The Chicken Ranch is still around.... :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #102 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:37 pm »
 :duh:...Can you believe it....they have "STATISTICS" for that stuff... :o

F-100

« Reply #103 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:41 pm »
Some of the guys here might buy them if you would include an All Inclusive vacation package at Mustang Ranch with the speakers.  :lol: :lol:

Just a suggestion...

That shows how much I know about these places ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

arthurs

« Reply #104 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:44 pm »
:duh:...Can you believe it....they have "STATISTICS" for that stuff... :o

....and the brothels keep performance stats on their repeat clients.... :lol:

miklorsmith

« Reply #105 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:46 pm »
How are they legal?

eric the red

« Reply #106 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:47 pm »

Just a suggestion...

That shows how much I know about these places ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do a Google search on Nevada brothels  :o

mcullinan

« Reply #107 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:48 pm »
If anyone buys these speakers, I will throw in free sex with my mom!

.... Wait thats disgusting   ... could be worse than having sex with ded peeple....

...ok and my uncle fred.

Now theres a bargaining chip.
Mike  aa

eric the red

« Reply #108 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:49 pm »
I can't imagine this all being of any help with selling the Zus  :lol:

Tweaker

« Reply #109 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:52 pm »
This and many other threads are reminders of the disease that afflicts audiophiles. It's like the person jumping from religion to religion never quite finding the spiritual nourishment they are seeking. (The problem being of course that they aren't looking within). It seems no matter how good the gear is it's never good enough. We are never happy for very long and think the next audio purchase will get us there. It won't. Most of us are doomed to forever upgrading never being happy for more than a few months at most. This entire forum is a sad commentary on the human condition in many regards.

alotaklipsch

Re: FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers
« Reply #110 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:52 pm »
MACROJERKOFF, I PUT MY $$$ WHERE MY MOUTH IS, AND HAVE OWNED MUCH MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE.  I OFFERED CASH, MY FRIEND, AND YES, I WOULD LIKE TO TRY EM OUT.  STOP BEING AN AHOLE. :duh: :drool:

alotaklipsch - It is pitiful seeing you out there with your nose pressed against the glass so I'll offer to sell you my old JBL L-200. They are in wonderful condition and they come from one of the companies that Klipsch attempted to imitate. You don't seem ready for 21st century speakers and history says not to take you seriously. What about it -- are you in the market for speakers?

lonewolfny42

« Reply #111 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:53 pm »
How are they legal?
Link......and no, I've not been to any... :nono:

byteme

« Reply #112 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:55 pm »
Do your research here boys :
http://www.sex-in-nevada.com/Bashful/SURVEYS/aAbBcCdDeEfFgGhHiIjJkKlLmMnNoOpPqQrRsStTuUvVwWxXyYzZ_0123456789.html

Dontcha think they could have abbreviated "cumulative %" differently than they did in this "report"?  I would think based on the way they've abbreviated it that the value in that field would be 100%... aa

topround

« Reply #113 on: 23 Jul 2007, 09:28 pm »
Ya know   someone is gonna buy those speakers...someday
good for the seller :thumb:
but the fun will end :cry:
Its been fun so far :icon_lol:

Plink

« Reply #114 on: 23 Jul 2007, 10:41 pm »
doug s - I sold a Red Wine Audio Sig 30 for $1250 when the list price was $1400. There was a waiting list for new ones and the unit was not quite broken in. The other reason why the price was held so high is that it was a factory-direct item. They just don't drop in value like the whored out dealer stuff.

you sold this?  after all the glowing comments? 

I tell you...it's getting hard to take all the glowing comments seriously about new products that come out when those people sell these items with less than a year's ownership.  Crazy.

alotaklipsch

« Reply #115 on: 23 Jul 2007, 10:46 pm »
doug s - I sold a Red Wine Audio Sig 30 for $1250 when the list price was $1400. There was a waiting list for new ones and the unit was not quite broken in. The other reason why the price was held so high is that it was a factory-direct item. They just don't drop in value like the whored out dealer stuff.

I tell you...it's getting hard to take all the glowing comments seriously about new products that come out when those people sell these items with less than a year's ownership.  Crazy.

NO JOKE, THESE PRO'S WERE BEING SOLD DIRECT, NIB, 7200 IN DECEMBER, I BOUGHT A PAIR THE SAME WEEK MY CUSTOM ONES WERE READY, MY WIFE DID NOT ACCEPT BOTH.

JUST READ ALL THE GLOWING REVIEWS....BIG DEAL....YOUR OWN EAR'S ARE ALL THAT COUNTS.

BTW, ME OFFERING
5000 BUCKS IS A VERY GOOD OFFER FOR A SPEAKER THAT WAS BEING SOLD DIRECT IN DECEMBER FOR 7200

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #116 on: 23 Jul 2007, 10:53 pm »

Maybe it didn't meet his needs from a functionality standpoint...

Maybe he bought it as a short term solution...

Maybe other gear changed and the Sig 30 was no longer a good match...

Many reasons to sell a piece of gear that aren't necessarily negative reflections on the product.

George

miklorsmith

« Reply #117 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:00 pm »
I don't know if they had a December sale on the Pros or not but if they had a temporary discount, that should not be used to determine value.  I believe the factory direct price was $10k.  Whether $5,000 is right or not, it all depends.  If you are willing to wait for a while, you'll probably get the price you want.  If they need to be gone today, the price must suffer.

2bigears

« Reply #118 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:48 pm »
:D it is none of my dang business,but do you think the new model will be worth 5k on top of your older models?? :o :o that's alot of loot!!!!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #119 on: 24 Jul 2007, 12:03 am »
I've been away from the computer for a few hours and missed about 6 pages. I'm caught up now.

Take note, alotaklipsch. I will not sell these for $5000. Unless you care to offer more, you needn't bother to provide any more nastiness. If you had a pair of these and disposed of them, why not just stay with whatever you preferred?

Plink, et al -- I had two Sig 30s. I bought one new from Vinnie and the other lightly used from dmason. At the time I was thinking of opening a coffee shop where I would have used it. Common sense overcame the coffee shop impulse and the second Siggie went on the block. I think I sold it through AC.

Tvad - Since you think $5000 is about right, try to buy a pair for that much. You'll be a lot older when you succeed.

It is true that Zu had a twelve days of Christmas sale and that they had special deals every day leading up to the big one. Definition 1.5s were offered for $7200. The Pro was not part of this.

The Definition Pro should be seen as an exclusive prototype. If not for Srajan of 6moons, I would not have ever contacted Zu at all and Sean would not have had the opportunity to tell me about the Pros. I went slowly nonetheless by starting with Druids. I then added a MiniMethod sub and started conversing with Phil Ressler who helped me to see the advantages I could reap from an upgrade to Defs. I chose to go with the Pros because I could see the advantages inherent in bi-amping, having done it previously. What I had not experienced was the benefits derived from being able to contour the bass response to suit both your room and your taste although not necessarily both with the same settings.

I can't tell you how many threads I've seen about bi-amping Aerials or B&Ws or Polks that were not actually designed with that purpose in mind. Where are all the guys who want to bi-amp? Here is the real thing. Here's your chance to get past make believe and band-aids.

And Tweaker -- you are probably right in saying those things about us but with a name like that you must certainly be talking to yourself as well. Maybe you're reaching out a little, saying, "Stop me, I can't stop myself". Well, I'm sorry if this endeavor has lead to personal problems for you. Perhaps if you were to start a thread of your own in the Sports Page you would receive some helpful suggestions. Eric the Red has an idea for you which would certainly distract you from the evils of audio obsession, at least temporarily. If vyou PM him, I'm sure you'll get an earful and possibly an eyeful as well.

If not, mcullinan's family might be willing to take you in.

"Creative genius has always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds". This quote is attributed to the most creative mind to share itself with us in the past 100 years, Albert Einstein.