Some good boxing matches coming up . .

dB Cooper

Re: Some good boxing matches coming up . .
« Reply #60 on: 10 Jun 2012, 01:46 pm »
Most charitable scoring I heard had Bradley winning maybe two rounds... three if you were drunk (and biased) enough.

roscoeiii

« Reply #61 on: 10 Jun 2012, 02:04 pm »
Stunned by that ruling. Far from the bout I watched. Not only more punches landed but more good solid punches landed by Manny. Shocker.

roscoeiii

« Reply #62 on: 10 Jun 2012, 02:05 pm »
Bradley said he'd need to watch the tape to see if he won!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #63 on: 10 Jun 2012, 02:10 pm »
Everything Pacquiao now is marketing, promotion, and making money for the franchise and of course all of those associated with the franchise.  It's all so obviously faked and fixed that I wouldn't spend a dime watching it, I've even cancelled my HBO so I won't be tempted to watch the replay.  (Okay, the HBO got cancelled for other reasons, but I can rationalize can't I?)  I didn't watch the 24/7 obviously, but with the reports of an out of shape Pacquiao (not taking it seriously), Bradley running the whole fight, and a decision that sets up a big money rematch?  Even from afar it smells.  The fight should have been an undercard for a World Wrestling Federation event.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #64 on: 10 Jun 2012, 03:16 pm »
The culprit is the sport itself and all who benefit from it.  Everybody connected to it benefits from this decision to include the judges.  The more paydays, the better, is how.  Now, there are three players in the division.  Everybody is having a party except Mayweather.  Bradley needed the money worse than Mayweather, and he's not thru gettin paid.  There will be the ole rematch which Paciauo will win.  Why?  Not just because of his skill- that didn't win it for him last night- because of the Mayweather fight that is sure to follow.  In championship boxing, follow the money.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #65 on: 10 Jun 2012, 03:36 pm »
The culprit is the sport itself and all who benefit from it.  Everybody connected to it benefits from this decision to include the judges.  The more paydays, the better, is how.  Now, there are three players in the division.  Everybody is having a party except Mayweather.  Bradley needed the money worse than Mayweather, and he's not tru gettin paid.  There will be the ole rematch which Paciauo will win.  Why?  Not just because of his skill- that didn't win it for him last night- because of the Mayweather fight that is sure to follow.  In boxing, follow the money.

Pretty well the best analysis I've heard.  I really love watching a good boxing match but this type of BS makes it hard to remain a fan.  Well at least they don't get my money...

I was very impressed with Pacquiao.  He took a tough, skillful and unbeaten fighter and tamed him.  The fight also shows us how Marquez just has Pacquiao's number.

Edit:  when you think about all the bets made on a fight like this and all the people who got screwed by this decision it seems to me an official criminal investigation would be warranted.

vortrex

« Reply #66 on: 10 Jun 2012, 04:42 pm »
pacman toyed with him, laughed at his punching power, dominated him in every aspect, hurt bradley multiple times.  not only did pacman win at least 9 of the rounds (probably 11 of them), what happened to you have to "take the title from the champ"?  everyone involved with bradley was mentally broken about halfway through the fight...his corner, wife, manager.  worst decision in the history of boxing.  there is no logical explanation for it, none.  no sane person can come up with an argument for bradley winning.

paul canady

« Reply #67 on: 10 Jun 2012, 04:50 pm »
Bradley said he'd need to watch the tape to see if he won!

That killed me! Then he mentions a November 10th rematch. How they hell does he know the date already. See, he got hit in the head too many times and was not supposed to mention the date.

paul canady

« Reply #68 on: 10 Jun 2012, 04:57 pm »
pacman toyed with him, laughed at his punching power, dominated him in every aspect, hurt bradley multiple times.  not only did pacman win at least 9 of the rounds (probably 11 of them), what happened to you have to "take the title from the champ"?  everyone involved with bradley was mentally broken about halfway through the fight...his corner, wife, manager.  worst decision in the history of boxing.  there is no logical explanation for it, none.  no sane person can come up with an argument for bradley winning.

They felt bad for him because he twisted his foot? :scratch:
I guess the argument is mo money!

vortrex

« Reply #69 on: 10 Jun 2012, 05:08 pm »
I can see if you were being paid off or part of bradley's family that you *could* have given him a few of the later rounds, at least there was possibly some sort of reasoning no matter how retarded it would be.  BUT, some of the judges were giving bradley the early rounds!

vortrex

« Reply #70 on: 10 Jun 2012, 05:11 pm »
  That killed me! Then he mentions a November 10th rematch. How they hell does he know the date already. See, he got hit in the head too many times and was not supposed to mention the date.

this was all planned out well in advance, all part of the scam.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #71 on: 10 Jun 2012, 06:00 pm »
I can see if you were being paid off or part of bradley's family that you *could* have given him a few of the later rounds, at least there was possibly some sort of reasoning no matter how retarded it would be.  BUT, some of the judges were giving bradley the early rounds!

They had to make it work early in case the fight became too one sided.  Just common sense would tell us that.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #72 on: 10 Jun 2012, 06:17 pm »

Sorry to put a kink in a good conspiracy theory  :lol:.  Actually the rematch clause and date is in the original fight contract.  I think this is fairly standard.

Bradley was hamming it up in the fight build up with this giant ticket for the rematch that he had printed:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #73 on: 10 Jun 2012, 06:33 pm »
Bob Arum, the promoter for both fighters, said:

"Something like this is so outlandish, it's a death knell for the sport. This is f------ nuts. I have both guys, and I'll make a lot of money in the rematch, but it's ridiculous. You have these old f---- who don't know what the hell they're looking at. It's incompetence. Nobody who knows anything about boxing could have Bradley ahead in the fight."

A travesty or, as mentioned, so much WWF-style hype. Disappointing, to say the very least.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #74 on: 10 Jun 2012, 06:45 pm »
I always try to find the silver lining. In this instance, I may have (for me, anyway).

NBA officials aren't actually the worst officials in the history of sports.  :lol:

paul canady

« Reply #75 on: 10 Jun 2012, 07:08 pm »
Sorry to put a kink in a good conspiracy theory  :lol:.  Actually the rematch clause and date is in the original fight contract.  I think this is fairly standard.

Bradley was hamming it up in the fight build up with this giant ticket for the rematch that he had printed:

I missed that one! Still a conspiracy either way.

vortrex

« Reply #76 on: 10 Jun 2012, 07:53 pm »

Incorrect.  Of course all title fights have a rematch clause for the champ, but there was no date.  Max Kellerman asked Tim last night where he came up with November 10th and he said he "made it up".

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #77 on: 10 Jun 2012, 08:56 pm »
Incorrect.  Of course all title fights have a rematch clause for the champ, but there was no date.  Max Kellerman asked Tim last night where he came up with November 10th and he said he "made it up".

Well I can't remember where I read it today but here are three links to articles written in May that say that November 10 is in the contract as the date for a possible rematch.  Maybe Bradley can't read  :lol:...

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/26/3045166/pacquiao-vs-bradley-rematch-set-november-10-upset-hbo-boxing-news
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/05/pacquiao-bradley-rematch-set-for-november-10th-if-bradley-beats-pacquiao-on-june-9th/
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/360525/bradley-eyes-november-10-rematch

django11

• Canuckistani

vortrex

« Reply #79 on: 10 Jun 2012, 09:10 pm »
seems like 3 different stories...  bradley made up the date, manny was set to fight nov 10th already, and arum saying it was "set aside".  either way, total scam ripoff and the worst decision in boxing history, especially considering what it did for the fight with PBF.  manny should actually not take the fight and allow tim to make more money off his name.