Hobbs NX-Studio Build

subsonic1050

Re: Hobbs NX-Studio Build
« Reply #260 on: 23 Sep 2021, 03:43 am »
Looks incredible Hobbs! You must be absolutely thrilled and super excited to get them fired up. Can't wait to hear your listening impressions!

Norman Tracy

• Industry Participant
    • Audio Crafters Guild
« Reply #261 on: 23 Sep 2021, 07:05 pm »
September 22. 2021 - Danny publishes video Biamp and Biwiring! We NEED to TALK! https://youtu.be/908BWw1Bx4U on why you're a big dummy if you have bi-amp terminals on your speaker.

September 23. 2021 - Hobbs posts NX-Studio build demonstrating (due to crossover that would consume 78% of speaker's interior volume) when you must have bi-amp terminals on your speaker.

Maybe, just maybe, Danny will forgive you if all connectors are Tube Connectors.

Kidding aside, this over the top NX-Studio with Servo-sub stand is a perfect example of the point Danny makes in the second half of the Biamp and Biwiring! We NEED to TALK! video that where biamping really delivers in home HiFi is the subwoofer to main speaker handoff.

GR Research should name this NX-Studio + sub stand configuration and market it as a small footprint big sound solution for when the other NXs would dominate a room's acoustics or aesthetics.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #262 on: 24 Sep 2021, 12:55 am »
September 22. 2021 - Danny publishes video Biamp and Biwiring! We NEED to TALK! https://youtu.be/908BWw1Bx4U on why you're a big dummy if you have bi-amp terminals on your speaker.

September 23. 2021 - Hobbs posts NX-Studio build demonstrating (due to crossover that would consume 78% of speaker's interior volume) when you must have bi-amp terminals on your speaker.

Maybe, just maybe, Danny will forgive you if all connectors are Tube Connectors.

Kidding aside, this over the top NX-Studio with Servo-sub stand is a perfect example of the point Danny makes in the second half of the Biamp and Biwiring! We NEED to TALK! video that where biamping really delivers in home HiFi is the subwoofer to main speaker handoff.

GR Research should name this NX-Studio + sub stand configuration and market it as a small footprint big sound solution for when the other NXs would dominate a room's acoustics or aesthetics.

Excuse you, it's bi-wiring AND bi-amping :wink:

Oh don't worry, this whole setup uses a whopping 5 sets of tube connectors. 3 for the crossovers and 2 sets for the speakers...

I could have made it 3 sets, but I wanted the ability to swap the lengths in the future as needed. Plus I can test out different crossovers which I plan to do with my "el-cheepo" pair that are 5% roughly the cost of my "Overkill" crossover... lol

Small gauge wire, steel banana plugs, tiny 22 gauge zipcord...
All the things i shouldn't do  8)

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #263 on: 24 Sep 2021, 05:42 pm »
They are officially finished and playing!  8)

Now to let them burn in.  :thumb:
(They already beat out the N-3s beside them.)