The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.

Delta Wave

Re: The worst movie ever made? Indubitably.
« Reply #40 on: 18 Jan 2012, 08:57 pm »
"Left Behind"... I got conned into watching it. It was beyond terrible, It had Kirk Cameron as the lead.

ajzepp

« Reply #41 on: 18 Jan 2012, 08:58 pm »
Thelma & Louise? I enjoyed Thelma and Louise! Not brilliant, but not at all bad, I thought. Made some valid points about certain types of people!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thelma_and_louise/

I agree, actually. What ruined it for me, and the reason why I crap on it, is because of the ending. I thought it was one of the DUMBEST endings I've ever seen and it totally ruined the entire experience for me. Technically it's not the worst movie of all time, I just mention it out of protest mostly

ajzepp

« Reply #42 on: 18 Jan 2012, 09:05 pm »
"Left Behind"... I got conned into watching it. It was beyond terrible, It had Kirk Cameron as the lead.

Your post reminded me of my third entry into this category - "The Invention of Lying". I consider Ricky Gervais one of the funniest people on earth. Unfortunately, his big issue is atheism, and he just cannot seem to do ANYTHING anymore without getting up on his soapbox. I have absolutely no problem with atheists. I typically find them very honest people and I respect their right to lack faith just as I respect others' right to practice their faith.

I was very, VERY excited to see this film, but it ended up being one HUGE propaganda piece about atheism...I was so turned off by the whole thing that I can barely stomach the guy anymore. It's truly a shame, because I found the British version of the Office hilarious! It's sort of like back when one of my other favorite comedians, Ellen, started usign her show as a platform for gay and lesbian rights. Again, NO ISSUE at all with peoples right to pursue a relationship with whoever they want. To each their own, live and let live, etc. Now that she's back to just being an entertainer, I love her again. But during those years when she just couldn't get through a single appearance without her soapbox, I just got sick of her.

So I offiically nominate The Invention of Lying as the worst film of all time!  :duh:

*Scotty*

« Reply #43 on: 18 Jan 2012, 09:09 pm »
Yor,Hunter from The Future,tops my list. If the movie itself doesn't give you a headache the lame-a**
3D will. There is nothing like the feeling you get from paying good money for bad entertainment.
It really must be seen in a theater to be truly loathed to best effect.
Scotty

*Scotty*

« Reply #44 on: 18 Jan 2012, 09:13 pm »
The Constant Gardner is right near the top for movies with bummer endings. You get all the way to the end and wonder now why did I just do that.
Scotty

Trover

« Reply #45 on: 18 Jan 2012, 09:16 pm »
There are so many allegedly bad movies that I haven't seen, such ilk as Ishtar.  But "Showgirls" has to near the top.  It was SO bad that it pretty much killed the career of a hot Hollywood prospect, Kyle MacLachlan.

For me Showgirls occupies that special place, alongside "Valley of the Dolls", as the finest piece of trash ever made.

ajzepp

« Reply #46 on: 18 Jan 2012, 09:29 pm »
Yor,Hunter from The Future,tops my list.

I've never heard of that, but it sure sounds like a POS!!!  :lol:

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #47 on: 18 Jan 2012, 09:52 pm »
The worst movie ever?(Gymkata)Kurt Thomas,an olympic gymnast goes on a mission in Yugoslavia where in present day the bad guys weapons were clubs and pitch forks.He gets in a fight with over 100 people in a medevil castle.There just happens to be a gymnastic horse,the devise with 2 handles that the gymnasts use.He jumps on it and destroys all 100 combatants swinging around on it....Mark Korda

decal

« Reply #48 on: 18 Jan 2012, 09:59 pm »

That is a crapper movie. :sleep:  :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

ajzepp

« Reply #49 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm »
The worst movie ever?(Gymkata)Kurt Thomas,an olympic gymnast goes on a mission in Yugoslavia where in present day the bad guys weapons were clubs and pitch forks.He gets in a fight with over 100 people in a medevil castle.There just happens to be a gymnastic horse,the devise with 2 handles that the gymnasts use.He jumps on it and destroys all 100 combatants swinging around on it....Mark Korda

:lol:

rockadanny

« Reply #50 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm »
I have you all beat! Throw on/in/up "The Wild Women of Wongo" ... I dare ya ... I double dare ya!
71 minutes of inane drivel. Nearly chewed off my leg just to feel something during this LOSER!  :thumbdown:
Like a bad accident, I had to keep watching. :duh:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052394/

cujobob

« Reply #51 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm »
I would nominate many of Spike Lee's films, but at least they were different from the norm.

City of Angels was one I detested that I saw on a date when I was younger...the main character's name was Seth Plate, I'll never forget that.

I watched True Grit on Netflix the other night and it was just awful, I couldn't even watch half of it because the girl's poor acting ruined it for me.

sandbagger

« Reply #52 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:12 pm »
I have seen all but a few movies listed, and NOTHING comes close to El Topo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067866/

I double dog dare you to watch it :icon_lol:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #53 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:30 pm »
Battlefield Earth.  Hmmm.  Not bad.  Couldn't sit thru that one, no sir.  That counts.  Wasn't that an adaptation of a book by L. Ron Hubbard?  I seem to remember that Travolta is into his church.  Hope Travolta didn't go as far as to produce it, too.  No wonder he didn't work for several years afterwards.
[/quot

He spent a lot of his own money on it when it went over budget

Delta Wave

« Reply #54 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm »

Oh yeah!

Don_S

« Reply #55 on: 18 Jan 2012, 10:54 pm »
This is the worst movie I almost watched.  I had to keep watching it because I could not believe how bad it was.  Eventually I believed it and beat my head against the wall to help me forget.  :duh: But it did not work because I still remember.  :lol:
Apparently someone liked it because they made a sequel.

Well I guess the movie sucks so bad it shows the picture in "preview" but spares the rest of you.

The movie was called "Gang of Roses".  It was a seriously bitchy black-babe western. No plot, insipid dialogue, worse acting.  The kind of western where you hope everyone shoots everyone else--multiple times.  :roll:

Edit: Apparently the picture of the DVD package decides to come and go. Now you see it, now you don't.

Delta Wave

« Reply #56 on: 18 Jan 2012, 11:06 pm »
Delta Force w/ Chuck Norris. I loved the Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang flying motorcycles.

WGH

« Reply #57 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:02 am »
I can't figure out if Tank Girl is a bad movie or just a good idea badly done.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114614/

The movie stars Lori Petty, Ice-T, Naomi Watts, Malcolm McDowell, and Iggy Pop.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Wayne

boisty

« Reply #58 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:27 am »
Don't miss Titanic 2.  Available on Netflix.  So bad it's hilarious.....

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #59 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:28 am »
I can't figure out if Tank Girl is a bad movie or just a good idea badly done.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114614/

The movie stars Lori Petty, Ice-T, Naomi Watts, Malcolm McDowell, and Iggy Pop.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Wayne

I liked that movie and it had a good sound track

1. Ripper Sole - Stomp
2. Army Of Me - Bjork, Graham Massey, Nellee Hooper, Marius De Vries
3. Girl U Want - Devo
4. Mockingbird Girl - Magnificent Bastards
5. Shove - L7
6. Drown Soda - Hole
7. Bomb - Bush
8. Roads - Portishead
9. Let's Do It - Joan Jett & Paul Westerberg