The 45 RPM Rumours is fantastic!

TONEPUB

The 45 RPM Rumours is fantastic!
« on: 14 Apr 2011, 01:06 am »
For those interested in a full review, click here:

http://tinyurl.com/3cxlz9j

Goes on sale Saturday for Record Store Day.  Definitely worth adding to your collection.

Indiansprings

Re: The 45 RPM Rumours is fantastic!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2011, 01:09 am »
Cant wait to get mine. Its been on pre-order for weeks.
Amazon had a smoken good deal on the 45 rpm version  :wink:

Ericus Rex

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2011, 03:33 pm »
$19.56 at Amazon!    :o

Preordered my copy.  This is one of my fav albums of all time.  Lindsey Buckingham is an extremely underated guitarist.

Indiansprings

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2011, 05:28 pm »
The 45 rpm version is a bit more, but still a great deal.

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:28 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, Jeff!  Pre-order for the 45 RPM version at $39.06 with tax and shipping came to just $0.53 more than MSRP.

Also didn't know Amazon was selling vinyl so I'll need to start using them for comparison shopping.  I found that only Acoustic Sounds has it (of the big 3) and they are charging $44.98 + shipping.

Oh and if you ever get the chance to get a good copy of Buckingham Nicks don't pass it up!  The 2:12 diddy called "Stephanie" is an excellent 12-string instrumental and one of my long-standing favs.

Just checked my copy of "Rumours" and the stamper mark is BSK-1-3010 JW6 #1.  Is that good or bad?

orthobiz

« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2011, 07:51 pm »

Also didn't know Amazon was selling vinyl so I'll need to start using them.

I have had no problems with them but Art Dudley I believe did in a recent stereophile article. Packaging was too small or something.

Paul

nathanm

« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2011, 08:00 pm »
This is one of those records that makes me wish it was possible to magically transpose its sound quality onto other albums.  Kinda like "British Steel" which is similarly warm and plump.

Indiansprings

« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2011, 08:14 pm »
I got it for $33 a few weeks back  :D, I see its $39 now. They have some great deals on pre-orders once in a while. I always check them out before I put an order in. Every LP that I have received from Amazon has been packaged well. 8)

TONEPUB

« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2011, 08:21 pm »
I have also had excellent luck with Amazon, and the customer service as well.  I remember a business class from college, where the prof basically said no matter how awesome you are, 5% of your operation will fall short.

Taylormade

« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2011, 11:20 pm »
Any idea how much it's supposed to be on Record Store Day? 

PeteG

« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2011, 11:41 pm »
Should have the 45 rpm set next week  :D

Ericus Rex

« Reply #11 on: 16 Apr 2011, 07:39 pm »
Picked it up today at my local Newbury Comics.  $36 since all vinyl was 20% off!

Ericus Rex

« Reply #12 on: 16 Apr 2011, 07:40 pm »
Oh and if you ever get the chance to get a good copy of Buckingham Nicks don't pass it up!  The 2:12 diddy called "Stephanie" is an excellent 12-string instrumental and one of my long-standing favs.

I'll be sure to pick it up if I see it, if only for the cover.  Stevie Nicks was Smokin' Hot back in the days!!!!!!!!!

JakeJ

« Reply #13 on: 16 Apr 2011, 09:40 pm »
Then make sure you get the original gatefold version.  Chromatic negative on the back and lyrics in the center.

orthobiz

« Reply #14 on: 17 Apr 2011, 03:36 am »
Got the double 45 today, 40 dollars.

Paul

Indiansprings

« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2011, 02:34 pm »
I just got an email from Amazon stating Rumors release date has been pushed back to May 24th :cry:

PeteG

« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2011, 03:14 pm »
I just got an email from Amazon stating Rumors release date has been pushed back to May 24th :cry:

Same here. Is this just Amazon or all the 45 set's.

orthobiz

« Reply #17 on: 17 Apr 2011, 03:57 pm »
My copy has a sticker on the shrink saying it is limited to 4000 units. It was in a store in Chicago on Record Store Day, where I bought it. The guy behind the counter was talking about other releases, how some areas of the country received larger numbers of a particular record than other areas.

I think that in the internet age, with relatively small numbers of releases, the distribution network is not as savvy as it once was (I have no evidence, just an impression). That is why when I could not order the 45 RPM XTC Skylarking from the British website I jumped on two copies that were "in stock" from Amazon-associated vendors. Amazon had none in stock, there are 2 version, one was a 1-2 week wait, the other was a 1-2 month wait!

It's a chancy game, this hobby of ours. Personally if I really wanted it, I would forget the price (within limits) and buy it from someone who has it. Who knows, you buy it and then maybe they release another gazillion for less money. Good luck.

Paul

JakeJ

« Reply #18 on: 17 Apr 2011, 04:07 pm »
Yup, just got my email "un-confirmation" for last week of May or first week of June.  <SIGH>  If I even get one I'll be surprised at this point.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #19 on: 17 Apr 2011, 04:26 pm »
My copy has a sticker on the shrink saying it is limited to 4000 units. It was in a store in Chicago on Record Store Day, where I bought it. The guy behind the counter was talking about other releases, how some areas of the country received larger numbers of a particular record than other areas.

This confirms what the owner of 4000 Holes told me. His entire Pearl Jam order was filled (zero interest on my part), but short on several other records like Rumours and EC Unplugged (I bought his only copy). I've ordered one from Acoustic Sounds and one from Amazon. If I get both I figure I can always sell one.

Laura
« Last Edit: 4 May 2011, 02:39 am by vinyl_lady »