The 45 RPM Rumours is fantastic!

TONEPUB

Re: The 45 RPM Rumours is fantastic!
« Reply #80 on: 23 May 2011, 11:52 pm »
I think Music Direct has them back in stock....

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #81 on: 24 May 2011, 07:10 am »
What date did you place your order? Did you get the 45rpm version?

Placed the original order on April 18th. I ordered the 45rpm version and when I checked out it was $39.06.
Seems to have shipped out yesterday and Amazon only billed me $34.88.

Indiansprings

« Reply #82 on: 24 May 2011, 12:41 pm »
I ordered mine March 15.....
I did however get my email from Amazon this morning.  :P

JakeJ

« Reply #83 on: 24 May 2011, 04:21 pm »
I received my email confirmation today that my copy has shipped.  Total billed was $41.01.  Now I get to see what version it is.

Oddly I haven't received any notifications on this thread since about page three.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #84 on: 24 May 2011, 05:24 pm »
I will have to get a copy.  Vinyl Lady brought her copy over on Sunday and I heard parts of instruments I haven't heard before ever.  Christine's voice was really "warmer" too as I don't remember thinking Eva Cassidy sounded like her.  Christine on the 45 sounds very much like Eva in a good way.   :thumb:

rcag_ils

« Reply #85 on: 24 May 2011, 09:43 pm »
I ordered mine thru Amazon a while back and forgot all about it, so I mistakenly ordered another copy from another source. I guess I'll have one extra copy sitting around. I really shouldn't be buying so many of them, but it is a mistake on my part.

Indiansprings

« Reply #86 on: 24 May 2011, 09:49 pm »
I ordered mine thru Amazon a while back and forgot all about it, so I mistakenly ordered another copy from another source. I guess I'll have one extra copy sitting around. I really shouldn't be buying so many of them, but it is a mistake on my part.
Lets wait and see if you think its a mistake when this second batch sells out. You will probably be able to sell one and keep the other for yourself for free.

JakeJ

« Reply #87 on: 25 May 2011, 11:58 pm »
Mine arrived today and it is the RSD version with all the correct markings.  I'll have to check it against my old copy.  :thumb:

rcag_ils

« Reply #88 on: 27 May 2011, 01:42 am »
I have two 45 rpm, and one 33 1/3 rpm on the way...... I'll sell my collection when I retire, however.......

orientalexpress

« Reply #89 on: 27 May 2011, 01:24 pm »
i order mine on tuesday and it's ship on thursday,not much waiting 41.00 total.Not bad  :thumb:

Lapsan

mgalusha

« Reply #90 on: 27 May 2011, 02:02 pm »
Reading this thread has convinced me, ordered yesterday. :)

bside123

« Reply #91 on: 30 May 2011, 01:53 am »
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Textured cover; WB Palm Tree label; Mastered at Capitol, KP, F-20 on side one and F-12 on side 2 in the dead wax. There is script writing I haven't been able to decipher yet--need a stronger magnifying glass. Sounds absolutely fantastic. No wonder this record sold more than 40 million copies.
Looking forward to receiving my 45 RPM so I can compare.

I ran into some good luck yesterday. Some friends were having a benefit yard sale for a school. Somebody donated a box of 22 records. Nobody was interested in the records, so the coordinator called me. They gave me the whole box for free! In it was the same record, the original pressing, as posted by Laura above. Not in the best shape, but definitely very playable (after a very good cleaning), and yes it sounds great. The other 21 records were a real score as well.... BTW, I've been a generous contributor to that school over the years.

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #92 on: 31 May 2011, 06:57 am »
I ran into some good luck yesterday. Some friends were having a benefit yard sale for a school. Somebody donated a box of 22 records. Nobody was interested in the records, so the coordinator called me. They gave me the whole box for free! In it was the same record, the original pressing, as posted by Laura above. Not in the best shape, but definitely very playable (after a very good cleaning), and yes it sounds great. The other 21 records were a real score as well.... BTW, I've been a generous contributor to that school over the years.

Ha ha!  Glad you added that last bit.  Was reading the rest of the post, happy for you, but wondering since this was a benefit if you had contributed or just taken the LPs and split!  Funny.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #93 on: 9 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm »
Have people started to get their copies from Music Direct yet? I just placed an order for it, wonder how long I'll be waiting.

mgalusha

« Reply #94 on: 9 Jun 2011, 08:24 pm »
I ordered from Amazon on 5/26 and it shipped within 2 days. Finally had a chance to sit down and listen to this last night, really nice; much better than I remember it from my youth.  :thumb:

bside123

« Reply #95 on: 18 Jul 2011, 02:53 am »
I finally was able to get a copy of the 45RPM Rumours today at Euclid Records in St. Louis. They had one copy. Surprise.

Gotta say... this is really great! Much better than the original... it rocks all across the board. What fun!

dminches

« Reply #96 on: 18 Jul 2011, 11:33 pm »
Has anyone read any reviews of the 33 /13 RPM version that is due to be released tomorrow?  It is from the same remastering that the 45 RPM version was pressed.  My only issue with the 45 rpm version is the time I actually get to sit and listen before having to get up again.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #97 on: 19 Jul 2011, 12:27 am »
Has anyone read any reviews of the 33 /13 RPM version that is due to be released tomorrow?  It is from the same remastering that the 45 RPM version was pressed.  My only issue with the 45 rpm version is the time I actually get to sit and listen before having to get up again.

I have not read any reviews or heard the new 33, but trust me, the 45 is so much better than any 33 I have heard that it is worth having to get up after 3 songs. The 45 of Rumours is one of the best recordings I have heard. There is so much more music, detail, clarity, & bass than the best original pressing. It's like the entire band finally showed up. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has compared the new 33 with one of the better original pressings.

rcag_ils

« Reply #98 on: 19 Jul 2011, 01:48 pm »
That's why it's so confusing buying vinyl nowaday if they keep re-releasing the same titles.

I bought my new Rumours 33 at the same time when I bought my 45, are you saying that now they are re-re-re-releasing another 33?

The label is the same as the 45, "pressed at Pallas".

PS, same as the Neil Young at Massey Hall. Wait, one is "by Classic" the other one by "Pallas".

blakep

« Reply #99 on: 20 Jul 2011, 12:21 am »
I have not read any reviews or heard the new 33, but trust me, the 45 is so much better than any 33 I have heard that it is worth having to get up after 3 songs. The 45 of Rumours is one of the best recordings I have heard. There is so much more music, detail, clarity, & bass than the best original pressing. It's like the entire band finally showed up. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has compared the new 33 with one of the better original pressings.

The Hoffman mastered 33 has been around for quite a while now. The link below is to a review I wrote comparing the 33 to a very early (if not first) pressing a few months ago. My comments are in the 2nd post from the top of the page.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19938&start=60