GAS - Christmas in September - NOW WITH PICS!!!

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
Re: GAS - Christmas in September
« Reply #100 on: 26 Sep 2009, 05:27 pm »
you literally just drove past me house then....   :D

Just drove in from Columbia (daughter's softball tournament--partially rained out), it stopped raining there about 9, so this minor downpour should be over soon. See you at Scott's. and don't forget your umbrella.
Chris H.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #101 on: 26 Sep 2009, 05:32 pm »
Having a vehicle issue this AM.  Down to one.  Sue, Grant, Diane and I will likely be there 4:30 ish

Bryan

trogers74

« Reply #102 on: 26 Sep 2009, 05:43 pm »
Per Scott's suggestion, I plan on bringing a fruit tray of some sort.  Whatever they have a Dierbergs that looks good.  Oh yes!  And copious amounts of beer!  See you then!

RSquires

• Main System
« Reply #103 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:00 pm »
Hey Scott,

I wanted to thank you for opening your home to all us audio nerds! It was great seeing everyone and hearing all your fine systems. I wish I could have stayed longer but it was a blast nonetheless!

Rick

DeadFish

« Reply #104 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:07 pm »
I've gotta ditto Rick on sentiment Scott! Thanks for letting the lot of us get together at your place.  It was like somebody knocked a shaker full of 'audio-sugar' over and you had a bunch of
'audio-ants' crawling all over the place.  :wink: :thumb:
A very nice time for me, no matter how brief.  Great eats, great tunes, great company!
It was fine meeting new folks and renewal with old acquaintances.  Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but I think I was asleep before I crossed the river.

Simply put, Thanks!

Best Regards,
DeadFish

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #105 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:33 pm »
Amen gentlemen. A wonderful experience as always.
A HUGE thank you to Scott and Laura for allowing us to gather.

Thank you, thank you!  :thumb:

Bob

p.s. Bryan, I forget to give the vanilla to Sue.  :duh:

steve k

« Reply #106 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:35 pm »
Thank you Scott and Laura for the spread and hospitality. Food was delicious! All your systems sounded great. I particularly enjoyed the AR/Scott vinyl rig in the little room. Classic sound!!! Thanks also for the cartridge demo. That was very informative. I really enjoyed seeing old faces and meeting new ones too. Great to see we have so many enthusiastic Gassers!!!  :thumb:
steve

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #107 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:47 pm »
Yesterday was a blast!  I planned to be there only an hour or two, but the friendly group (my first GAS GTG) made me so comfortable that I stayed 'til after dark.  Aside from the kitchen and bathrooms every room in the house had an different stunning system in it, so everyone could rotate around and sit in one of the "sweet spots".  The AR/Advent/Scott vintage system was AMAZING!  The house was beautiful and Laura was a wonderfully gracious host (we nominate her for sainthood).   Lots of tube gear and wide-ranging discussions.  VERY friendly group and I got lots of lots of inspiration for my system.

Thanks so much!   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

electricbear

« Reply #108 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:52 pm »
Thanks to Scott and Laura for welcoming us into their home. It was great seeing faces old and new.

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #109 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:08 pm »
tomorrow.. I will have more time to post.. I just wanted to say a big thank you to Scott.... Laura..

and to all the rest of you for great conversations...

Bob and Chris.. we will be hanging out soon...

and Scott.... can I come over again    :P

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #110 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:09 pm »
I'll add mine Scott and Laura.  I'm sure there were some tense moments when it was pouring rain and not being able to use the patios but it let up enough that it wasn't a huge issue (other than the tent blowing off into the yard...)

Great to see old friends and meet new ones as always.  The vintage system was a lot of fun.  Rifling through the racks of LPs of that era was so much fun.

See a few of you next week at RMAF

Bryan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #111 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:15 pm »
and Scott.... can I come over again    :P
  :lol: Scott, I think he likes your kool-ade.

By the way Scott, if you're wondering who gave you the lawn job at the top of the driveway by the mailbox....um....that was me.  :oops:
Sorry 'bout that.

It was great meeting the new fellas as well as seeing the veterans!  aa

Bob

Scott F.

« Reply #112 on: 27 Sep 2009, 05:11 pm »
WOW  :o

What a party! This year it was Christmas in September on steroids! I don't have the official head count yet but it was well north of 30. I'd bet we hit 40 GAS partiers this year.

Thankfully the rain let up and the sun came out (complete with a rainbow!) so we could use the front and back decks. Thanks to everybody for making the trek out this year and bringing so much food! I'm pretty sure I don't need 30 pounds meat next year  :duh:

The party was a HUGE success again! Hopefully next year we'll have the addition complete and can handle this many people (and maybe more) even with rain.

So here they are, my quick pics of the event!

Hey, what happened to my canopy?

After God created Albert, he broke the mold.

Munchies!

Tons of Fat Food!

Charred meat and hot brown stuff!

Hey, its Kent Johnson from Positive Feedback!

The guys munching down.

Trick or Tweet. Take a tweeter....or 20..or 50....awe heck, take all 200 if you like cuz THEIR FREE. GAS is not responsible for hearing loss, amplifier instability, or infertility caused by the use of these tweeters.

Talk about a pile of people!

A few of the guys milling around in the Blue Room.

And here are all of the good looking GAS members....less Ken!

The new Redrum system with the Vandy 2Cs, Radii's, Korato pre and Bolder Statement SB3

We were in SET Heaven!

A few of the guys (L to R) Bo, Randy the Hammer, Bryan, Ken and Johnny...oh that's Leo's beard and nose on the far right.

This IS your dad's stereo system! The brand new, old vintage system....and yes, the sound was as rich as the wood looks in the Green room. This little system was a real eye opener.

The large Advents being driven by the AR ES1 turntable with the Grace 707 and Grace F9e cart and Dave's HH Scott 299. Pure music!

What a great event  :thumb: If any body is missing anything, its probably still here. Steve I've got your brownie pan, Sturg your records, theres a cooler or two, CDs and various other stuff.

sturgus

Re: GAS - Christmas in September - NOW WITH PICS!!!
« Reply #113 on: 27 Sep 2009, 08:23 pm »
Just would like to say thanks to Scott,and Laura for offering up their home to a bunch of lunatics for the day. It was great to see new faces and old friends. I am truly impressed by how large this gathering has become. If this keeps up we will have to rent a hall. I had a great time. Scott, I left the records so I would have to come back out and get them. :lol:
Sturgus

Scott F.

« Reply #114 on: 28 Sep 2009, 12:41 am »
I just did the "official" head count.....it was 46  :o  :o Wholly crap! I never would have guessed this place could handle that many people  :beer:

Hey Hammer (and anybody else), you guys are always welcome over at the house. Just give me a buzz. We're home most weekends though occasionally Laura and I slip off for a long weekend somewhere.

wedweb

« Reply #115 on: 28 Sep 2009, 01:08 am »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ONE-PAIR-OF-BRAND-NEW-STOCK-GM-DELCO-TWEETERS-16169232_W0QQitemZ260476242332QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item3ca598099c&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

Looks like those tweeters are Onkyo brand for GM replacement on their cars.

Thank you Scott and Laura for your hosting of this large event.  It was a great time, generous amounts of food and good friends enjoying some very nice gear and gab. :)

Bo

jedi35

« Reply #116 on: 28 Sep 2009, 02:45 am »
Hey Scott,

A million thanks to you and Laura for hosting all 46 of us in your lovely home. As always, the food was wonderful, the sounds were heavenly, and visiting with the GAS group was spectacular. I always get a thrill from the main system in the Blue Room, but Albert, Gene and some others saw my face light up after hearing the Vandys in the Redrum. OMG, I don't think I've ever sat down to really listen to them, and they really sing. When I heard about the price for them with the stands, I could not believe it. Having nice tube amps to go with them is a must, I'm sure, but they were my revelation for the night. It was nice to be able to come out much earlier than I had in the past, and my guest Michael seemed to enjoy everything as well. Once again, thanks for everything.

Adrian

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #117 on: 28 Sep 2009, 03:31 am »
Thanks for the photo's Scott....looks like a great time was had by all.... :beer:

I like what Bill/Deadfish said....

It was like somebody knocked a shaker full of 'audio-sugar' over and you had a bunch of 'audio-ants' crawling all over the place.

....... :lol: ....Plenty of sugar there.... 8)

See you at RMAF....it will be "Happy New Year" then... :beer:

Chris

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #118 on: 28 Sep 2009, 08:43 am »
Thank you Scott and Laura for a wonderful time of gracious hospitality and great listening.
Scott I really enjoyed the cartridge comparison, very educational.  I look forward to learning more from you in the future.

Ken

dwarfed centipede

« Reply #119 on: 28 Sep 2009, 01:38 pm »
Thanks Scott for the awesome party!  I always enjoy listening to the lowthers.

I tried out the tweeters, they dont sound that bad.  I used them to replace the factory tweets in my car, these sound 5x better.  Now I just gatta figure out what to do with the other 6.   :D

Leo