GAS - Christmas in September - NOW WITH PICS!!!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: GAS - Christmas in September
« Reply #60 on: 20 Sep 2009, 10:18 pm »
Scott, roughly what part of STL is this event in?  I'd love to come to my first GAS event but I have a crushing schedule right now.  Maybe I can sneak up I-44 for an hour or so.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #61 on: 20 Sep 2009, 10:54 pm »
Pacific
Exit #257 on Hwy 44.
(Molly Browns Fireworks and the Pilot Truckstop).

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #62 on: 21 Sep 2009, 01:21 am »
Hey, that's not bad!

wedweb

« Reply #63 on: 23 Sep 2009, 03:56 am »
Looks like they are predicting rain....do you have any tents? :)

Joe_K

« Reply #64 on: 23 Sep 2009, 02:08 pm »
Hiya Bryan,

Actually, either is fine. If you go for a side, maybe slaw, potato salad, baked beans, something along those lines. If you go for a desert, anything would be good. Oh, we could also use a veggie tray too if anybody hasn't decided what to bring yet :thumb:

Scott,
I can bring a veggie tray and dessert if you still need them?
Joe

Scott F.

« Reply #65 on: 23 Sep 2009, 03:00 pm »
Hi Joe,

That works for me  :thumb:  I'll mark it down on the original post.

wedweb, pray harder for a clear day or two  :D I've got one of those party tents but its nylon and doesn't do the best job in the world stopping rain.  :?

Watch this thread tomorrow and Friday. If we are still getting rain we'll have to be careful where we all park. With dry ground I can handle all of the cars on the side of the house. If the ground is too wet, we may have to get creative.

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #66 on: 23 Sep 2009, 09:14 pm »
Scott,

Could you e-mail me your address and what type of food you want me to bring?

Thanks,

Ken

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #67 on: 23 Sep 2009, 09:22 pm »
hey Scott I got a Wadia 170i om the way for the meet.. would you be down for some a/b stuff?.. Cd vs the same cd on ipod-wadia vs squeeze box?

Scott F.

« Reply #68 on: 23 Sep 2009, 09:50 pm »
hey Scott I got a Wadia 170i om the way for the meet.. would you be down for some a/b stuff?.. Cd vs the same cd on ipod-wadia vs squeeze box?

Hiya Hammer,

If you want to bring it, sure. We'll have to figure out somewhere to put it as my rack is full. When it comes to A/B'ing, I'll have to leave you guys to your own devices as playing host to over 30 people keeps me hopping  :D  Oh, my SB's are in my other systems (the HT and Redrum). The main reference system uses the USB input on my Havana DAC. Should be fun to listen to.

If you've got some favorite 6' cables or power cords, be sure to bring them. I've got my own Cu/AG/Teflon but not knowing the piece, we may have a synergy issue, then again maybe not.

Scott F.

« Reply #69 on: 23 Sep 2009, 09:56 pm »
Scott,

Could you e-mail me your address and what type of food you want me to bring?

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken, take a look at the first post and you can see what everybody else is bringing.
Food and Munchies
Looks like we could use an extra side dish maybe  :scratch:

I sent my address to you via a PM.

DeadFish

« Reply #70 on: 23 Sep 2009, 11:17 pm »
I'm bringing deviled eggs, not desert, not that that matters.... :wink:
(well, I *do* better with eggs!)

See y'all saturday!

DeadFish

Scott F.

« Reply #71 on: 24 Sep 2009, 12:20 am »
oops, sorry Bill. got 'er fixed  :D

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #72 on: 24 Sep 2009, 05:08 am »
PM sent.  I'd like to attend.

Bob

Scott F.

« Reply #73 on: 25 Sep 2009, 01:56 am »
...ooops  :oops:

MerRev

« Reply #74 on: 25 Sep 2009, 02:14 am »
hello Gas gang- can't wait.  8)

Just me this year & I'll be bringing some form of dessert. 

jedi35

« Reply #75 on: 25 Sep 2009, 02:15 am »
Hey Scott,

I'll bring a dessert as well. Looks like I also might have a friend who wants to come. Put me down for 2.

Adrian

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #76 on: 25 Sep 2009, 03:07 am »
Adrian, glad to hear you'll be there.  Guess what?? The new man cave is up and running!!!!
Carpet was installed today and while there's still a lot of work to do I couldn't resist hooking up some speakers.

It ROCKS!!!!

Scott F.

« Reply #77 on: 25 Sep 2009, 03:14 am »
Hi Guys,

Well the party is just two short days away. This close to start time, I'm starting to believe the weather forecasters. Looks like rain on and off right through the day of. With the wet and soggy ground, this is going to cause parking issues.

WHERE TO PARK
When its dry we normally park on the lawn but with as wet as it is, you will absolutely get stuck (ask Sturgus). So, I'd like to suggest that after the driveway up by the house fills up (it can hold about 8 cars double parked) that you guys park up on the street. Since our subdivision road is a single lane road, be sure to pull far enough off that the neighbors (and you guys) can still get passed.

There is another parking option. For those who have been out before, if you pass up my subdivision entry street (Brook Valley Lane) and go up the hill to Hwy 100, right on the corner of Thornton and 100 on your right is a gravel driveway that leads to an area that can handle probably 10-15 cars. after you've parked, if you walk towards the old dilapidated barn then turn right at the fence you will find a grass road that leads down to my house. Its a short walk and probably easier than trying to park on the subdivision road.

Here is a Google Earth shot of the subdivision to give you an idea of what I'm talking about,

The other option trying to carpool with somebody.

Needless to say, with the best part of 40 people showing up and having a narrow subdivision street, I'm a little worried about parking  :scratch: but you guys will figure something out  :thumb:

See you guys Saturday  :thumb:

wedweb

« Reply #78 on: 25 Sep 2009, 03:24 am »
Maybe some can part down at the interstate exit and carpool......?

That and someone with a 4x4 truck bring a tow rope... :)

Bo

jedi35

« Reply #79 on: 25 Sep 2009, 05:47 am »
Well alright. Bob!! The man cave is in action. Awesome. I just left Rolla today, and won't be back until Phantom is over(last week of October). Let me know how things are coming along.

Looking forward to the party, Scott.

Adrian