GAS - Christmas in September - NOW WITH PICS!!!

dwarfed centipede

Re: GAS - Christmas in September
« Reply #80 on: 25 Sep 2009, 01:12 pm »
My friend Andrew is more than likely not coming.  Do you need any chips or munchies?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #81 on: 25 Sep 2009, 01:45 pm »
That and someone with a 4x4 truck bring a tow rope... :)
That's not funny dude.... Been there, done that!!!
That's the exact reason we're having Christmas in September.  :lol:

Where's Alex? Haven't seen or heard from him in a while.

Bob

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #82 on: 25 Sep 2009, 01:49 pm »
1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....

God I'm such a dork...lol

Scott F.

« Reply #83 on: 25 Sep 2009, 03:31 pm »
1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....1 more day....

God I'm such a dork...lol

Maybe we need to rename the event from Christmas in September to the GAS Geekfest  :lol:

Bob, I haven't heard from Alex in a while. I assume he's keeping busy raising their youngest. She's probably about two or three by now (and a handful too boot).

Hey dwarfed, sure, bring some chips and dip or some sort of other finger foods. They'll get devoured.

Just another call out for PARKING ISSUES (click the link)

electricbear

« Reply #84 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:02 pm »
Scott, I'll give you or Laura ( whoever picks up the phone) a call just before I leave the store 5pm ish to see if there is anything you are running out of or need.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #85 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:05 pm »
Beer Tim.
We'll need more beer.

steve k

« Reply #86 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:10 pm »
Scott, I'll bring some brownies.  aa aa and Vance.  I thought I'd blindfold him before bringing him downstairs.  :lol: I have't heard from Alex in a long time either. I'm hoping Hillig shows. We've decided to hire a limo to avoid the parking problem. :green:
steve

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #87 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:57 pm »
Scott, I will bring pie from world-famous "Slice of Pie"  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: down here in Rolla.  Year after year, rated the best pie in Missouri.

I'll make sure the other Bob (TOB) brings his manners.   :thumb:

jedi35

« Reply #88 on: 25 Sep 2009, 08:26 pm »
No, that's not the real reason I drive to Rolla every week......right???

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #89 on: 25 Sep 2009, 08:42 pm »
Absolutely, Adrian.  Without a doubt, Adrian.  Whatever you say, Adrian.   :roll: :lol:

wedweb

« Reply #90 on: 25 Sep 2009, 10:50 pm »
I said that about the 4x4 and the tow rope because of one of the last events, it was raining and someone(the host) got their Volvo? stuck.

Bo

Blackmore

« Reply #91 on: 26 Sep 2009, 12:01 am »
I dropped off a box of 200 tweeters from Parts Express at Scott's house tonight.  Make sure you all take a bag of tweeters when you leave.  Take a pair, twenty, fifty but make sure they are all gone.  I've got $10 invested in those babies and I want everyone to have some fun.  Give them to the neighbor kid for his car, wire them in series/parallel for a line array or just keep some around in case you ever need them.  I'll be there late tomorrow night so save a little Scotch for me.

Scott F.

« Reply #92 on: 26 Sep 2009, 02:02 am »
Hiya Guys,

Just a quick PARKING CLARIFICATION. While I was out cutting the grass this evening I drove up the road to that Additional Parking area I mentioned a few posts back and I found the grass road I told you to walk down, blocked. The booger eatin' farmer that raises the goats (up the hill) has it fenced off.

No worries though, you can simply navigate your way around the fencing, cutting through my neighbors back yards. Don't worry, they only have small caliber weapons and aren't very good shots.

Unfortunately, as nice and sunny as it was this afternoon, I just checked the NWS/NOAA and it looks like we are going to have T storms on and off tomorrow afternoon.  :?

Seeya all tomorrow  :thumb:

mark@marktwain

« Reply #93 on: 26 Sep 2009, 02:27 am »
that and someone with a 4x4 truck bring a tow rope...

I have the 4X4 and tow strap covered, I never leave home without em. :wink:

Mark

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #94 on: 26 Sep 2009, 03:38 am »
Hi Scott

Sorry - Sue just got bainck in town.  We're bringing general munchies.  Homemade Chex Mix, celery with cream cheese and peanut butter, etc.  I'll bring some beer and a bottle or 2 of wine for the ladies.

Bryan

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #95 on: 26 Sep 2009, 04:14 am »
Ho.. Ho...Ho...Merry Christmas... :xmas:

Have a great party....and don't forget the photo's...thanks !  :D

If I plan now...maybe I can make it to next years "Christmas in September".....I'd like to hear Scott's systems... 8)

Looks like I'll see a few of you at RMAF this year.....  :thumb:

Happy listening.... :beer:

Chris

Scott F.

« Reply #96 on: 26 Sep 2009, 11:47 am »
Hiya Chris!

Thanks for the well wishes. Gunna be one heck of a blowout this year. Looks like we've got just north of 40 people showing up  :o I'm on my knees right now praying it doesn't rain cuz with that many people, we need our front and back decks to handle some of the overflow.

I'll be taking lots of pics during the course of the day and will try to get them posted tomorrow.

Next year we'd love to have you stop by on the way to RMAF  :thumb: Heck, you already know better than half of the regulars  :wink:  I really think you'd get a kick out of the main reference system, its pretty cool. If all goes as planned, we'll have the addition to our house done and hosting 40 people won't be any issue at all  aa

Seeya in about a week out in Denver  :green: Oh, you'll get to meet Mrs. Scott F. next weekend  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #97 on: 26 Sep 2009, 03:43 pm »
Wow, such an abolutely beautiful morning. What a shame.   :(
I suppose the bright side is that we don't live in Atlanta.

Bob

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #98 on: 26 Sep 2009, 04:55 pm »
Just drove in from Columbia (daughter's softball tournament--partially rained out), it stopped raining there about 9, so this minor downpour should be over soon. See you at Scott's. and don't forget your umbrella.
Chris H.

RSquires

• Main System
« Reply #99 on: 26 Sep 2009, 05:20 pm »
Hey Scott,

Sarah can't make it but I will be there! My friend Kevin may tag along. We will be bringing a pasta side dish. See you all in a couple hours!  :D

Rick