GAS - Christmas in September - NOW WITH PICS!!!

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
Re: GAS - Christmas in September - NOW WITH PICS!!!
« Reply #120 on: 28 Sep 2009, 02:25 pm »
OK...were to begin,

I call it fate.. first that I find a post from Bob over on DIY which led me to this forum, which just in time led to Scott and GAS for the Christmas in September meet. I was greeted with such open arms that it truly made this young punk feel like I have been apart of the group for years.. I love it, and I am still smiling about it.. even though I'm dead tired still..

What I find just as enthralling as Scott's systems.. is talking to everybody on their passion.. their systems.. and how audio has effected them in such a way that it's a religion. The life/emmotional connection is IMO just as important as the audio playback..

Now, with the small amount of seat time that I have had with OB and SET goodness, I will say in all the years of hearing great audio, it has to be in my top 3.. I just need a more intimate time to really sit down and put it through the ringers.

All in all, it inspires me to work hard and develop pieces that hopefully will entice new people to the world of great audio!!

Thanks again Scott, Bob and GAS!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2009, 05:23 pm by Hebrew Hammer »

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #121 on: 28 Sep 2009, 02:27 pm »
blah re post

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #122 on: 28 Sep 2009, 02:33 pm »
 :D Glad you found us Randy, welcome to the sandbox!  :thumb:

Bob

Scott F.

« Reply #123 on: 29 Sep 2009, 04:03 pm »
Now, with the small amount of seat time that I have had with OB and SET goodness, I will say in all the years of hearing great audio, it has to be in my top 3.. I just need a more intimate time to really sit down and put it through the ringers.

Hey Hammer,

As you know, the party wasn't the best time to do any critical listening. If you get some time one weekend in the next month or so, give me a buzz and come over and we can do some critical listening. We can run the system through its paces in a quiet room and you can hear its true virtues.

MerRev

« Reply #124 on: 29 Sep 2009, 05:20 pm »
thank you Scott and Laura for hosting for all of us audio loons.  You're both terribly gracious hosts & I think we can all count ourselves lucky you do this year after year.  It just keeps getting bigger and better (30lbs of Bandanas )   :thumb:
Ken's right, the cartridge comparison was awfully cool and honestly I can't say I've ever heard the big rig sound any better.  I'm such a sucker for the Lowther sound though and can't thank you enough for the help on the build.  :green: I had a great time and I hope to be more active this year seeking out some tunes with the local GAS guys.

Chris

« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2009, 02:44 am by MerRev »