Music You cannot Stand & Why?

BobM

Re: Music You cannot Stand & Why?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jan 2009, 04:28 pm »
Ricky Lee Jones

I know lots of Audiophiles love her, but I just wish she would blow her nose, dammit.

orthobiz

« Reply #21 on: 16 Jan 2009, 04:54 pm »
Ditto Mariah Carey. She holds a syllable for hours and goes up and down and all around with it instead of just singing the damn thing. So, my grand plan would be to put Mariah and Kenny G in a room together and they can outdo each other in a battle to the death.

Phil Collins. Anything Phil Collins. I don't exactly know why.

Ditto Beach Boys. I understand how important they were. I understand how talented they are, but they make me nuts. Why? The soaring perfect harmonies somehow get under my skin. And I hate the beach. Unfortunately, it makes me dislike all bands whose reviews even mention the Beach Boys. Like Fleet Foxes. What the hell is the hubub all about? I have the CD AND the EP. I've listened multiple times... I just don't get it...

Paul

PhilNYC

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jan 2009, 05:01 pm »
Country music, particularly the male vocals.

Brown

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jan 2009, 05:07 pm »
Love it all. Just well executed music. It can be crap in ANY form.

nathanm

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jan 2009, 05:26 pm »
But if you ask me there is one song that drives me nuts! And that is "Zombie" by Cranberries. Remembered them? I don't know why. Maybe is the way she sings it or something. But when I hear this song I feel annoyed to hell. :mad:

Oh yeah that, *Zah Am Bay AY-UH AY-UH! AY-UH! AY-UH!* sound.  I know exactly what you mean.  I always thought she was one of those singers in love with the sound of their own voice.  I dunno why, but certain singers give me that impression.

mvwhiting_83

• Ask me speaker related questions!
    • PMC Speakers
« Reply #25 on: 16 Jan 2009, 05:52 pm »
But if you ask me there is one song that drives me nuts! And that is "Zombie" by Cranberries. Remembered them? I don't know why. Maybe is the way she sings it or something. But when I hear this song I feel annoyed to hell.   

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Hahaha - I used to like the Cranberries in the 90s, but that song also drove me nuts and for me, it was the worst song on that album.  :banghead:

Around the same time, there was that Crash Test Dummies song that used to annoy me, Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmmmm  :green:

PhishPhan

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jan 2009, 06:39 pm »
Country music. All of it. Followed closely by rap.

hmen

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jan 2009, 06:48 pm »
Country music. All of it. Followed closely by rap.
Does rap actually qualify as music?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #28 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:00 pm »
Trance -- I fall asleep. :sleep: :sleep:

jasonc

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:04 pm »
Gloria Estefan   :evil:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #30 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:20 pm »
Used to like Hearts of Space stuff.  No more.

chadh

« Reply #31 on: 16 Jan 2009, 10:40 pm »

I used to think it would be cool to have a job as "music consultant."  I imagined offering my services to malls and stores as designer of appropriate and tasteful playlists to enhance their customers' shopping experiences.   

One of the first rules I settled upon was: "NO GYPSY KINGS."

Afterwards I realized that I was wrong.  I was buying some produce while the Gypsy Kings played over the store's PA system when I was forced to face the truth.  Their music really gets you in the mood for buying fruit and veg!

Chad

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor
« Reply #32 on: 16 Jan 2009, 11:44 pm »

Amy Winehouse

Thebiker

« Reply #33 on: 17 Jan 2009, 12:21 am »
Rap; I don't really see it as music but as poetry.  Some good, most bad......"snap a cap n DAT wh*".  Damn, that not a song lyric, its just someones violent attitude and hatred oozing out and I got no time for that much hate.

Enya, it all sounds like the same song (did I already read this comment :scratch: :) )

Mostly I like music, all music as long as its well written and executed, by my definition of course, YMMV.

Walt

soundbitten1

« Reply #34 on: 17 Jan 2009, 03:57 am »
Whitney Houston and all her copycats . It all sounds like a bunch of vocal exercising .

JoseL

« Reply #35 on: 17 Jan 2009, 04:12 am »
Free Jazz. It just makes me anxious, a lot. :hyper:
JL

SlushPuppy

« Reply #36 on: 17 Jan 2009, 05:56 am »
Anything sung by Gwen Stefani. She sounds like a helium-sucking constipated gerbil amped-up on Starbucks. PEE-YOU!

orientalexpress

« Reply #37 on: 17 Jan 2009, 05:07 pm »
disco,anything beegee or donna summer would dry me nut :duh:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #38 on: 19 Jan 2009, 08:19 am »
Norah (GAG) Jones

Diana Krall

Personally I think they both sold a lot more music than they should have on account of an attractive packaging on their lame product.  Some how even I got suckered into buying some of their no talent crap!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #39 on: 19 Jan 2009, 01:09 pm »
Let' see . . ummm . . Michael Bolton.  Oh, and Joe Cocker.