Latest movie you've picked up...

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #40 on: 25 Apr 2004, 10:42 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Dark City is a friggin' work of brilliance.  I almost wanna sell my copy just so I can rebuy it cheap!  :lol:   Seriously, Roger Ebert said it was the best movie of it's year, and I think I agree.

Ebert mentioned this DVD this past weekend--he did the voice-over commentary analyzing the film apparently????

bubba966

« Reply #41 on: 29 Apr 2004, 05:29 am »
Ya know, last night I felt like picking something up. So I drove out to BB, only to find them closed due to the power being out! :evil: No big deal I thought, I'd head North a bit and stop by one of the other BB's in town. No luck there either.  :cry:  Was surprised to see that the storm we had yesterday was bad enough to knock out power to both BB I stopped by. I almost drove to a different one. But I figured they'd have no power either.

So I didn't pick anything up yesterday as I couldn't find anyplace that had power... :shake:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #42 on: 29 Apr 2004, 06:48 am »
Quote from: bubba966

So I didn't pick anything up yesterday :shake:
Think you'll make it till tomorrow ?...... :P

bubba966

« Reply #43 on: 29 Apr 2004, 04:30 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42

So I didn't pick anything up yesterday :shake:
Think you'll make it till tomorrow ?...... :P

Just picked this up at the Post Office (Finally! :evil: )

So my new disc withdrawal has been quenched for the moment.  :wink:  :lol:

Not sure how much longer I coulda gone on w/out a new disc... :lol:

tyee

« Reply #44 on: 29 Apr 2004, 05:23 pm »
bubba966
  Where did you order this Kill Bill from. I just placed an order with amazon.co.jp, so we'll see what happens.

tyee

Mathew_M

« Reply #45 on: 29 Apr 2004, 09:03 pm »
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001L269G/qid=1083271880/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_10_2/250-9300258-4216223

I would of gone with this deluxe box set.  It includes a 1/10 scale model of the 'Excellent Blade'.

Carlman

« Reply #46 on: 29 Apr 2004, 09:30 pm »
I just watched the Lord of the Rings 2 towers, extended version.  It's the first time I've seen this version.  It spans 2 DVD's and the extra content is completely necessary.  

I started thinking that they should've moved some content to the 3rd movie and cut some of the closing footage of the 3rd.  I didn't time it but it was probably 3.5 hours or so for the 2 Towers.

It's excellent and a must-watch.  I think I heard about this extended version here so, thanks for the tip.

The next movie I most recently bought was "Hell Comes to Frogtown".  Pretty good cheap sci-fi.  I think it would've been more fun to watch with my weird friends than my not-weird wife, though.

I'll probably buy Dark City based on Bubba and Rob's comments.  I've never heard of it either nor do I know what it's about... I like coming into movies that way.  

-C

bubba966

« Reply #47 on: 30 Apr 2004, 04:17 am »
Quote from: tyee
bubba966
  Where did you order this Kill Bill from. I just placed an order with amazon.co.jp, so we'll see what happens.

tyee

I got my copy from CDJapan.co.jp which is where I order all of my Japanese DVD's from. At some point I might order some discs from HMV as they can occasionally be cheaper than CD Japan.

I saw the box set for Kill Bill. But had no real interest in it as it was the same disc I was buying, with some extra stuff in a huge looking box. Don't need the stuff, don't need the huge box. And definitely don't need it for 2x the price...

Ronm1

• "A Bug!! Naa...thats a feature!
« Reply #48 on: 30 Apr 2004, 02:15 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Dark City is a friggin' work of brilliance.  I almost wanna sell my copy just so I can rebuy it cheap!  :lol:   Seriously, Roger Ebert said it was the best movie of it's year, and I think I agree.

Love this movie...I also recommend  'The Crow'  by the same director, get the SE with DTS if you can find it sound is very good and soundtrack for this style of movie, IMHO, is one of the best.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #49 on: 6 May 2004, 03:35 am »
Been picking up one or two a week for the last few weeks (no time to watch between one month old, Yankees, and 2 channel listening)...

Kill Bill
Master and Commander
Big Fish
Last Samurai
The Wiggles (for the 2 1/2 yr old)

George

bubba966

« Reply #50 on: 6 May 2004, 03:54 am »
George,

Had you seen Last Samurai before you bought it?

Is it worth a damn?

Not sure if I care to bother to watch it. I've heard conflicting reports about it. Not to mention I don't much care for Cruise...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #51 on: 6 May 2004, 03:59 am »
Haven't seen it.  Will let you know what I think.

Wife likes Tom Cruise (big suprise :!:) so I bought it.

Might watch it on Friday night (although I will push for Master and Commander).

George

bubba966

« Reply #52 on: 6 May 2004, 04:02 am »
I've not seen Master & Commander yet either. But a fellow AC'er has a spare copy and is going to let me borrow it. So I'll watch it at some point.

It wasn't doing a whole lot for me when I saw the previews. But I've heard a bit more good reviews from friends than I have heard negative reviews. So maybe it's not so bad... :roll:

bubba966

« Reply #53 on: 6 May 2004, 04:04 am »
Quote from: zybar
Been picking up one or two a week for the last few weeks (no time to watch between one month old, Yankees, and 2 channel listening)...

You don't want to know how many discs I've picked up but haven't watched since I bought them. But I'll give you a hint, it's up in the multiple hundreds... :oops:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #54 on: 6 May 2004, 04:55 am »

You don't want to know how many discs I've picked up but haven't watched since I bought them. But I'll give you a hint, it's up in the multiple hundreds... :oops:
Well.....turn off the computer and go watch a few movies !!! :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #55 on: 6 May 2004, 04:59 am »

Ahh, but I can do both at the same time... :wink:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #56 on: 6 May 2004, 05:03 am »

Ahh, but I can do both at the same time... :wink:
Add in a stereo system and you'd be ....triple tasking !! :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #57 on: 7 May 2004, 02:46 am »
Picked up Scary Movie 3 on the way home tonight. Hopefully I'll get some time later on to watch it. Gotta go work on my truck now though...  :|

bubba966

« Reply #58 on: 14 May 2004, 02:57 am »
The mailman brought me a few Region 3 (Korean) discs today. :mrgreen:

Got Battle Royale Director's Cut. I'm sure that one'll be interesting...

Also got Two Cops, Two Cops 2, & Two Cops 3.

Haven't seen any of the Two Cops films yet, but the first two star Joong-Hoon Park who did a most excellent job in Nowhere To Hide. So I'm hoping that he's even half as good in the Two Cops films as he was in Nowhere To Hide.

bob82274

« Reply #59 on: 14 May 2004, 05:32 pm »
Watched Master and Commander again (saw it in the theater the first time) over the weekend.  Honestly I liked it even better after the second time.  I wasn't planing on buying this one but now I just might have to.One critic called it the best Star Trek movie ever.  After seeing it you can understand why.  Russel Crowe is excellent as usual and the rest of the crew is good as well.  I wish that they would announce another one from the series of books.