Quote from: bubba966
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Quote from: bubba966
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Bubba is on record as only owning one (1) CD! :o  

And I can't seem to find it at the moment. :lol:
Did you sell it on Ebay ?  :P

No.

I've got the case sitting here staring at me. But with no disc inside. I tried looking for it last time I had my FedEx speaks running as I'm a bit familiar with it (only disc I took with me to VSAC last year).
So what's the name on the cd jewel case..... come on.....I'm curious ??? :)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Latest movie you've picked up...
« Reply #101 on: 20 Sep 2004, 05:30 am »
I'll supply a hint to "out" him- it's a movie soundtrack.  And no, not something respectable like "The Committments," either! :nono:  :P   Think "Cheesey Summer Action Fare." :P

Ears

« Reply #102 on: 6 Nov 2004, 07:37 pm »
Latest find for me was the special edition of Dazed and Confused whith DTS.

The picture is really cleaned up from the original and the DTS is far better than the previous 2.0 soundtrack.

A worthy upgrade to the first imo.

30yrfixed

Chronicles of Riddick
« Reply #103 on: 22 Nov 2004, 01:21 pm »
I just picked this DVD up and while the Vin Diesel's acting is pretty bad, the storyline is interesting, and the sound and picture are really great. Definitely a good movie to watch to test out your system!

Ears

« Reply #104 on: 23 Nov 2004, 11:47 pm »
Picked up the superbit version of Once Upon a Time in Mexico and it is very much an improvement over the regular version.

The video quality is right up there whith Underworld Sb, And possibly even better.

Greg

mjosef

Leon, the Professional
« Reply #105 on: 29 Dec 2004, 01:26 am »
The international version...have been waiting for it to go on sale from its regular $26...picked it up for $10 last week. I just love this film, haven't watched this version yet though. Supposedly they edited out some scenes that was judged too "disturbing" for American audiences. Mhnnnn....

bubba966

« Reply #106 on: 29 Dec 2004, 02:26 am »
Leon is an awesome film (I've still not bothered to watch The Professional though... :roll: ). I actually have 3 different copies of it. I've got the SuperBit DVD release. I've got the Japanese Deluxe Box Set DVD. And I've got the Japanese LaserDisc as well.

I showed it to a friend of mine that'd never heard of it before. It instantly became her favorite film. And she also never wants to see it again. :?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #107 on: 29 Dec 2004, 02:48 am »
I've got the SB version and it's superb.  Come to think of it, I haven't watched it in awhile.  I haven't watched any DVD in a a couple weeks (or at least not since the extended LotR:RotK ).

mjosef

« Reply #108 on: 29 Dec 2004, 05:37 am »
Mhnnn...Bubba, maybe she was "too disturbed" by 'Leon...' The Professional was the first film I saw Natalie Portman in, she was like what...11years old then? Gary Oldman was soooo good in this film. Everytime this movie plays on cable I could not NOT watch. LOL. There was only one other movie that mesmerise me that way, Once Upon a TIme in the West, if its on...I gotta watch.
I will watch Leon...tomorrow evening. Is the SB version , of the American release or the International?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #109 on: 29 Dec 2004, 05:46 am »
It's the international one.

mjosef

Leon, the professional, Deluxe edition. Fifth element...
« Reply #110 on: 14 Jan 2005, 08:42 pm »
Ok...just when I got the version I wanted here comes a deluxe version...and its not even superbit...maybe thats why they lowered the price on the previous edition. There is also a new Fifth Element 2dvd out too. At least this has an additional dts track that the original did not have. I enjoyed this scifi comic flick especially for ...Ruby Reg(?) , Chris Tucker was a blast ! Mila is hot here too, is she like always naked in all her movies?

bubba966

« Reply #111 on: 15 Jan 2005, 03:54 am »
Actually the new Leon & Fifth Element ARE Superbit discs. They're just not really advertising them as such. :scratch:

I was looking at them both at Costco earlier this week. And there's very, very small SB logos on it. Do they think that advertising it as a SuperBit disc will lower sales for some reason? :roll:

Makes me wanna sell off my SB standard versions to get the new Deluxe SB editions. Too bad I don't have the $ to do so... :(

mjosef

« Reply #112 on: 15 Jan 2005, 04:53 am »
Yeah ,isn't that weird, its the same thing with the hybrid SACD, they downplay the SACD part...is Joe Public that entrenched, scared shitless of the future? I only saw the new dvds on the web, haven't gone into the stores all week...maybe I will go to Costco tomorrow and check them out.  Maybe I can hawk the one I just bought on eBay or something. Get these SUPEr bit beauties...so precious...lol.

lcrim

Empire of the Sun
« Reply #113 on: 7 Sep 2005, 07:57 pm »
I can't remember what I was thinking when I rented this from Netflix and I haven't posted much recently but this is a masterpiece.  I rented it before going away for a much needed vacation and put it on when I got home and it was like watching a car crash.  I couldn't take my eyes off it.  Its amazing to me it ever got made given that accountants and agents run Hollywood but Spielberg made a true work of art.  Christian Bale, who is the new Batman was simply extraordinary as the young boy interned by the Japanese in Shanghai at the start of WWII, no parents- just alone.
The events in New Orleans and the crazy gas prices were what was dominating the media when I first got back.  This movie somehow fit in with that world gone mad theme.  I'm still preoccupied by how extreme events can lead to the best and the worst in people.

PhilNYC

« Reply #114 on: 7 Sep 2005, 08:07 pm »
Larry...my dad grew up in Shanghai and was a young boy at the time the events of the movie took place.  He said that Empire of the Sun brought back a huge number of memories, and that it really captured the essence of what was going on back then.  Definitely a great film...

bubba966

« Reply #115 on: 7 Jun 2006, 04:57 am »
Does no one here pick up any movies anymore? :scratch:

I was able to go pick up Underworld Evolution & Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Unrated) today.

Now I need to figure out which one to throw into the player first...

Woodsea

« Reply #116 on: 7 Jun 2006, 05:20 am »
I pick up movies every week.  They cost me 2500 tugrug each.  They are no where neat superbit though :nono:
I have underworld, just have not gotten around to watching it yet.  Not the best reviews.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #117 on: 7 Jun 2006, 05:23 am »
Oh yeah, baby!  Underworld Evolution for me, too. 8)   Not as good as the original overall, but with a bit more/better skin from Kate. :inlove:   My main complaint is that the the look is so different; in the first one they used mechanical effects everywhere it was feasible, deliberately eschewing CGI in favor of a more realistic look.  Sadly this very sound concept went kablooey the second time around- it's a veritable CGfest. :x

Still, very entertaining.  And did I mention Kate Beckinsale shows a lot more skin? :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #118 on: 7 Jun 2006, 05:26 am »
BTW, sadly I'm in a weird space, movie wise.  I've still been buying them here and there, but I recently moved 100 miles for work.  And I don't have a PJ yet in my new house. :cry:   As a matter of fact, I don't have a tv hooked up in my main rig at all! :o   The problem is that I don't have a video cable (component or otherwise) long enough to span the distance between my gear rack and the spot where the set would go.  I ordered one but it probably won't arive for at least another week.

Even then I'll be stuck with the ol' 32" Tosh for awhile.  It probably won't take long to get a new PJ, but each day seems like an eternity. :|

mjosef

« Reply #119 on: 7 Jun 2006, 06:58 am »
I rarely buy movies anymore...problem is, most new movies are not worth owning, I simply rent them, and if I like it enough, I *o@y 'em. Sssshhhh.  :wink:  Blockbuster is getting all my video money.
I did buy Batman Returns, cuz I liked it enough. Plus I got so many movies still in shrink wrap, my viewing time is being squeezed by my expanding stereo listenning time.
Plus with HiDef discs coming soon...why buy, then have to buy again same titles...
I had hoped I would have gone with a HD plasma by now, but hasn't happened yet.