tweaking

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #60 on: 19 Jul 2003, 05:46 pm »
Quote from: satfrat
Quote from: nathanm
In addition to having one of the finest stereos in the world, there's an added benefit of all that hifi ballast - should a tornado rip through town, Chuck's will be the only trailer still standing! :)

I thought these might help too:
                                Now if only Chuckie`s ideas had been THIS rich!!! :lol: I just knew you were a thinker Nate,,, SALUTES.  :thumb: Regards, RobAre there any high school graduates in this group?How about elementary school graduates?in

Chuck Josephson

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #61 on: 19 Jul 2003, 07:20 pm »
I am aware of the benefits of mass loading speakers.  Now, I am a firm believer in style and decor, so I would never do that to my piano black NHT subs. :nono:   There are more stylish alternatives: I bought a used pair of Tekna Sonic subwoofer fins and later plan to install Deflex panels behid the subs Inside the cabinet).  I also plan to use cryo'ed Teflon wire and make a three conductor braid.  This will go inside the subs as well as being the speaker wire (LN2 cryo'ed, of course).  I get 40-45 Hz (-3dB) response from the 4" woofers in my little Swans.  They were done like I explained, except that Jena Labs LN2 cryo'ed wire was used.  If that produced outstanding results (I also use Tekna Sonic Fins) in a small speaker it will also work well with my subs.

Now, I would like to know how you select the diameter of your resonators and why.  My friend used the plans from the Asylum and made the bases out of Brazilian Cedar.   Can you explain why you state that they work better if hanging from the ceiling?  Also, why do you place them individually?  Wouldn't that be extremely complicated to set up & tune correctly?

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #62 on: 19 Jul 2003, 11:33 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
In addition to having one of the finest stereos in the world, there's an added benefit of all that hifi ballast - should a tornado rip through town, Chuck's will be the only trailer still standing! :)

I thought these might help too:
Question,
Whats the story with strange names and funny little
pictures.Are you all ashamed of your real names.I seem to be the only one who isnt.Are you from Coney Island?
I used to go there to eat your hot dogs.Are there any
elementary school graduates on this website?

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #63 on: 19 Jul 2003, 11:44 pm »
Quote from: Psychicanimal
I am aware of the benefits of mass loading speakers.  Now, I am a firm believer in style and decor, so I would never do that to my piano black NHT subs. :nono:   There are more stylish alternatives: I bought a used pair of Tekna Sonic subwoofer fins and later plan to install Deflex panels behid the subs Inside the cabinet).  I also plan to use cryo'ed Teflon wire and make a three conductor braid.  This will go inside the subs as well as being the speaker wire (LN2 cryo'ed, of course).  I get 40-45 Hz (-3dB) ...
I thought I did a  good job of explaining the
weigts and chains and it was ignored.Tekna Sonic stinks
I threw mine away.The weights work better by bleeding
off low freakencies.

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #64 on: 19 Jul 2003, 11:47 pm »
Quote from: Carlman
I'd really hate to help him move.  Wow, that's a lot of stuff.

I too, would be interested in his applied theory.  Clearly he's spent a lot of time and thought on it.  I get the feeling he may not be able to articulate this in plain English, though.  So, for now it's just something that appears odd.  

And the idea of calling someone from a 1 line post on a forum makes it sound like a sales pitch/telemarketing deal.  

Good luck, Chuck... on your crusade to higher listening.
I have a Doctorate Degree equiv. in education.
CJ

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #65 on: 19 Jul 2003, 11:55 pm »
Quote from: chuck josephson
Question,
Whats the story with strange names and funny little
pictures.

My avatar is not funny--it's delicious!  Maybe a little on the salty side--yummm!!!!! :kiss:

Quote from: chuck josephson

I used to go there to eat your hot dogs.

That does *not* sound right to my ears... :nono:

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #66 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:05 am »
Quote from: Carlman
No one knows you or what you've done (other than the photos of your home).  There is no posted explanation to be found.  You haven't provided any information about yourself or your methods... just some vague messages and a request to call you.  You have no history of being an audio enthusiast...

Now you down this forum for not respecting your views?  That's insulting to me and (probably others) on this forum.

I am 73 years old .I have been an audiophile for 55 years.I am a retired professional musician and public
school teacher.If you saw my pictures you might have
noticed my record collection.ofwich I have  over 7000.
I can blindfoldedly identify 95% of them .In addition  I
have absolute pitch  so I can name every note or chord
I hear .I have explained  the weights and chains method
in more detail to psycho---- look for it.

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #67 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:09 am »
Yeah, I know about the weights--how about the resonators?

The weight solution is ugly.

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #68 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:09 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Better watch it nathan :nono: , when weights are around there's usually a BIG GUY cl           ose by ! :lol:  :lol:

Are there any elementary school graduates on this
website?    Chuck

Marbles

tweaking
« Reply #69 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:11 am »
I'm a forth gread graduget....the first one in my family....they is soooo proud of me...

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #70 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:16 am »
Quote from: Marbles
I'm a forth gread graduget....the first one in my family....they is soooo proud of me...

I don't think this guy did good as a teacher--he's losing it here!!!

Somehow meditation does not seem to be working... :lol:

Marbles

tweaking
« Reply #71 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:21 am »

I don't think this guy did good as a teacher--he's losing it here!!!

Somehow meditation does not seem to be working... :lol:

I'll cut him some slack...I'd go nuts living in that trailer too...........

eric the red

tweaking
« Reply #72 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:21 am »
Hey Chuck-just wondering why you pulled the pictures before you had any chance to explain your tweaking methodology? Many many people (intelligent people with 5th grade educations and beyond) that frequent the various internet audio sites are very interested in seeing your pictures and reading your comments on tweaking. How does Shiva fit into the big picture if I might ask?

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #73 on: 20 Jul 2003, 12:28 am »
Quote from: satfrat
You can call me anything you`d like to Chucky, I stand behind what I said. The way you presented your ideas without building any sort of credibility here just opened yourself up to critizism and ridicule. Do you think you`d been able to present your ideas any better over the phone? And do you acually think any self-respecting audiophile would ever hang weighs like you have? This has nothing to do with having a wife. I do feel for you tho, first post and subject to ridicule and I regret being part of it but  ...

I can express myslf very well having a Doctorate equiv,
degree in edcation  and was a virtuoso professional
music ician with absolute pitch who could memorise
30 page concertos.This has been great fun for me all
this attention .I was told that nearly 1000 people
looked at the pictures.in one week.Maybe I should  put
them back.I have humor wit , and intellect which
I will use to any wise crackers among you.I will bring
you to your knees.

eric the red

tweaking
« Reply #74 on: 20 Jul 2003, 01:58 am »
We want the pictures! We want the pictures!

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #75 on: 20 Jul 2003, 03:24 am »
Quote from: Hantra
Gentlemen. . .

This is why I carry a concealed weapon.  Glock is my first choice, and my current favorite is a G32 in .357 Sig.   :wink:

You see, if anyone ever had me over to see their new "tweaks", and took me down into a room like this, I would be out of there in a flash!  Using any means necessary to escape. . .  :lol:

What a freak!  Reminds me of something like Pulp Fiction when they say "Bring out the gimp!".  hahhahaha  Only weirder!  :lol:  :lol:
Are  there any Kindergarden graduates on this website?
B

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #76 on: 20 Jul 2003, 03:35 am »
Yo dude!  Robin is a *home theater* enthusiast and as such has speakers that work very well for movies:  Bose.  As a matter of fact, I am in the process of setting up a 2 ch HT with a pair of Bose 901 IV's I plan to refoam and internally rewire with some decent wie.  I will be using a DOD 31 band/ch eq instead of the horrible Bose eq (still a series VI eq, though).  Once I get a house I plan to set up a room with the  901's and a vintage Yamaha A-1 dual mono integrated amp.  The 901's don't deliver the soun ...
What is this (yo dude)Are you a rapper? I bet
you play rap music on your rig.Bose are not audiophile
speakers that dont well for anything. They have never
been reviewed by any reputable audio magazine.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
tweaking
« Reply #77 on: 20 Jul 2003, 03:54 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
:o  We scared him away .  :nono: Eric the Red,posting on AA with all the asylum comments ,  comments on AudioCircle,and who knows where else, has done him in.But I think  Chuck is still watching! :peek:
Well, I guess I was right. Your still with us Chuck.And I'll bet you were a former NYC teacher, am I right ?

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #78 on: 20 Jul 2003, 04:00 am »
Yeah, I know about the weights--how about the resonators?

The weight solution is ugly.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder .I have been a
bodybuilder all of my life and they arent ugly to me.
They are what in Yoga is the shape of a Mandala.The outer shape ,the circle represents the infinity of spirit
having no beginning or end the  hole in the middle represents the individual soul.
 I have just made three fantastic bass traps for 10 bucks
each.If  you want any more info about resonaters you
will have to call me by phone .Do you know audio tweaks.com?My friend Boris saw my pictures and called
my work awsome.If you seek the ultimate sound there
is no other way.

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #79 on: 20 Jul 2003, 04:08 am »

are there any Kindergarden graduates on this website?
The day is coming soon when all speakers will come with
built in chains and weights which will be illegal to remove.
The penalty for violation will be to be locked in a room
and be forced to listen to Bose speakers 24 hours a day.