tweaking

JohnR

tweaking
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jul 2003, 06:01 am »
Err... it might look a little weird, but I'd still be interested to hear something about what he's done and why.

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jul 2003, 06:39 am »
Quote from: nathanm
Oh...my...god...You just have to see this for yourselves, folks:

:o   :?  :o  :?

Gentlemen, I think we have a true eccentric on our hands!

¡Anda pa'l carajo!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
tweaking
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jul 2003, 06:42 am »
Quote from: Psychicanimal
Quote from: nathanm
Oh...my...god...You just have to see this for yourselves, folks:

:o   :?  :o  :?

Gentlemen, I think we have a true eccentric on our hands!

¡Anda pa'l carajo!
Which means........

mgalusha

tweaking
« Reply #23 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:34 am »
¡Anda pa'l carajo!

Which means........

Where's the bong?  :lol:

Marbles

tweaking
« Reply #24 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:47 am »
That's the crib of a single guy!

I keep telling my kids the dangers of too much LSD........

Carlman

tweaking
« Reply #25 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:56 am »
I'd really hate to help him move.  Wow, that's a lot of stuff.

I too, would be interested in his applied theory.  Clearly he's spent a lot of time and thought on it.  I get the feeling he may not be able to articulate this in plain English, though.  So, for now it's just something that appears odd.  

And the idea of calling someone from a 1 line post on a forum makes it sound like a sales pitch/telemarketing deal.  

Good luck, Chuck... on your crusade to higher listening.

Marbles

tweaking
« Reply #26 on: 15 Jul 2003, 03:24 am »
Quote from: Carlman

Good luck, Chuck... on your crusade to higher listening.

I don't think he could get much "higher" when listening.......

John Casler

tweaking
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jul 2003, 04:35 am »
Damn the guy stole all of my new SUPER tweak secrets for the next two years :x

I was saving the various sized clay bits surrounding each speaker cone, for the big one. :cry:

nathanm

we at the church of the divine loony...
« Reply #28 on: 15 Jul 2003, 06:10 am »
Anyone ever seen the film "Gummo"?  This room gives me a similar feeling, albeit different.

I would love to see this room featured on the Wilson Audio website!  "Wilson Audio is proud to present the Chuck Joesephon Custom Cub!"(extra shipping and handling charges for the dumbells and chains apply)

I'm interested in the theory of how you're supposed to get at the records with all that junk in the way! :o

I think Chuck oughtta see if he can get on one of those shows on HGTV, "Trading Spaces" or "While You Were Out"! :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
tweaking
« Reply #29 on: 15 Jul 2003, 06:39 am »
Funny Stuff ! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #30 on: 17 Jul 2003, 04:01 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Better watch it nathan :nono: , when weights are around there's usually a BIG GUY close by ! :lol:  :lol:
I have written an explaination for my room in audiocircle .It is all experimental to see how much quality I can extract from my components .Its not about appearance but
about sound .Evereything that I have done works
or I wouldnt have gone to the trouble.Extreme methods
are needed in a mobile home which is prone to vibrate.
You are lucky not to be able to hear the subtlies I can
hear.Your ears are as closed as your mind is.EVerything
is scientifically valid.I am free to do what I want in my
home.You are problably jealous because your wife relegates your system to a closet.So you take out your
frustrations by meanspirited mocking.You should show
more respect to your superiors.
Chuck Josephson

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #31 on: 17 Jul 2003, 12:53 pm »
Quote from: satfrat
Why isn`t this thread moved to the Galactic Waste bin where it belongs?
     What did I tell you guys? Is that Galactic Waste of epic proportions or what? :D Regards, Robin

can I call you rat for short?The Galactic Waste bin is in
your skull.What is this  (you guys) do you clowns know
each other?Do you live on the same ward?Read  my
explaination in the audio circle.I wonder if there any
serious audiophiles in this website?

nathanm

tweaking
« Reply #32 on: 17 Jul 2003, 03:09 pm »
Where is this explanation?  I searched all your posts and could not find anything.   :?:

Carlman

tweaking
« Reply #33 on: 17 Jul 2003, 04:37 pm »
Quote from: chuck josephson
I have written an explaination for my room in audiocircle .It is all experimental to see how much quality I can extract from my components .Its not about appearance but
about sound .Evereything that I have done works
or I wouldnt have gone to the trouble.Extreme methods
are needed in a mobile home which is prone to vibrate.
You are lucky not to be able to hear the subtlies I can
hear.Your ears are as closed as your mind is.EVerything
is scientifically valid.I am free to do what I want in my
home.You  ...

No one knows you or what you've done (other than the photos of your home).  There is no posted explanation to be found.  You haven't provided any information about yourself or your methods... just some vague messages and a request to call you.  You have no history of being an audio enthusiast...

Now you down this forum for not respecting your views?  That's insulting to me and (probably others) on this forum.

nathanm

Apocalypse Now
« Reply #34 on: 17 Jul 2003, 04:51 pm »
"What did they tell you?"

"They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound."

"Are my methods unsound?"

"I don't see any method, at all, sir."

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
tweaking
« Reply #35 on: 17 Jul 2003, 05:49 pm »
Why isn`t this thread moved to the Galactic Waste bin where it belongs?
     What did I tell you guys? Is that Galactic Waste of epic proportions or what? :D Regards, Robin

can I call you rat for short?The Galactic Waste bin is in
your skull.What is this  (you guys) do you clowns know
                   You can call me anything you`d like to Chucky, I stand behind what I said. The way you presented your ideas without building any sort of credibility here just opened yourself up to critizism and ridicule. Do you think you`d been able to present your ideas any better over the phone? And do you acually think any self-respecting audiophile would ever hang weighs like you have? This has nothing to do with having a wife. I do feel for you tho, first post and subject to ridicule and I regret being part of it but not knowing the game you wre playing early on was my reason for considering this thread trash. And after seeing your pictures, little has changed my mind other than wishing I hadn`t been a part of this thread in the first place. My apologises Chucky. Regards, Robin

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #36 on: 17 Jul 2003, 05:49 pm »
this thread moved toWhat is this  (you guys) do you clowns know

Most of us don't know each other, but we act as if we do! :D

I guess that's something that is one *subtlety* you did not perceive by reading the posts before you jumped in here.  Since you are asking out questions aloud I will help you and answer a few.

If there is someone who's really into room acoustic treatments, vibration control (in electricity and in tuning components) is yours truly.  I have listened to DIY Helmholz resonators and am aware of their benefits.  I am currently setting up a home office/dedicated audio room in my rental townhome.  I have purchased several Kentia palms to act as live diffusors and will use acoustic paneling from http://www.foambymail.com.  

Now, you need to be aware of what you project.  I can't tell if you live in a Hindu temple, a gym or an audio repair shop!  Credibility is very important in these forums and you have edited your very first post TWELVE times!

So, I suggest you tone down, stop fighting (doesn't meditation help?) and explain slowly and coherently about what you've done and how you've done it.  I find especially interesting the fact that you use the Helmholz resonators suspended from the ceiling.  Knowing how location specific they are I can see that you have spent numerous hours getting it to sound the way you want.

So, there you go, chill out and start telling us how you built the room lenses (resonators).

With psychic power and primal intensity,

Psychicanimal

eric the red

tweaking
« Reply #37 on: 17 Jul 2003, 07:48 pm »
Amazing. I posted the link on the general forum at AA because EVERYONE even remotely interested in this hobby needs to see what the deep end looks like-WOW! :o

Hantra

tweaking
« Reply #38 on: 17 Jul 2003, 07:52 pm »
Chuck:

I think what everyone is trying to say is that perhaps you should approach this differently.  If you had not been so secretive about it, and editing your post a dozen times, perhaps your credibility would be better.  

For someone with zero posts, your first 6 are pretty evasive.  Everyone here is open to new ideas, but not when presented like you have.  

Sounds too much like something I got sucked into with regard to audio that I am thankful every day to be out of. . .

B

nathanm

tweaking
« Reply #39 on: 17 Jul 2003, 08:26 pm »
I was wrong about Chuck being an eccentric, he doesn't deserve that title after the rude blather he's posted in reply.  And anyone with a pair of eyes can see the uh, "tweaks" he's done to his system.  There's no mystery there, it's just jury-rigging up the joint with weights taken to a ridiculous extreme.  (and a few piles of garish knick knacks) Utterly ham-fisted approach if ever there was one!  All that's missing is chewing gum, baling wire and duct tape! :roll:

To bodge together a room that looks like that and not be able to respond to the inevitable reactions which are going to occur without a sense of humor is quite sad.  Is anyone actually going to drag out 3 tons of weights and chains and drape them over every piece of gear, rip apart their speakers and gob them up with caulk after learning of Chuck's deep, esoteric audiophile wisdom?  Hell no, cause it's freaking ridiculous!  Who would want to spend anytime in a room like that anyway? It's repellant!

Someone please call Chuck, cause it sounds like a cry for help.  I figure he's fishing for any kind of contact with nutjobs as loony as himself.

But I do thank him profusely for a huge amount of entertainment!  Thanks Chuck! :D