tweaking

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #40 on: 17 Jul 2003, 08:41 pm »
Quote from: satfrat
Why isn`t this thread moved to the Galactic Waste bin where it belongs? Bro-man makes more sense. OK, that was a bit of a stretch. :D Regards, Robin
I will repeat my last message to you.The galactic Waste bin is in your skull.I you like
Bose speakers you have no hearing ability.They are one
step above radio shack.suddenly I understand you.

Carlman

Wastebin skull you Bose ... ugh
« Reply #41 on: 17 Jul 2003, 08:54 pm »
Quote from: chuck josephson
Why isn`t this thread moved to the Galactic Waste bin where it belongs? Bro-man makes more sense. OK, that was a bit of a stretch. :D Regards, Robin
I will repeat my last message to you.The galactic Waste bin is in your skull.I you like

:lol:  :lol:
That's such a weak response... I have to believe this is a joke.  Has anyone called the number?  I don't want to but, someone should.

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #42 on: 18 Jul 2003, 01:55 am »
Quote from: chuck josephson

Yo dude!  Robin is a *home theater* enthusiast and as such has speakers that work very well for movies:  Bose.  As a matter of fact, I am in the process of setting up a 2 ch HT with a pair of Bose 901 IV's I plan to refoam and internally rewire with some decent wie.  I will be using a DOD 31 band/ch eq instead of the horrible Bose eq (still a series VI eq, though).  Once I get a house I plan to set up a room with the  901's and a vintage Yamaha A-1 dual mono integrated amp.  The 901's don't deliver the sound of a live experience but in a proper setup they deliver the experience of a live performance.

Before you start rambling, my main speakers are Swans M1 mini monitors modded by Dan Wright and two NHT 10" subs separated by a Dan Wright modded Marchand X9 Deluxe electronic crossover.  Serious near field listening powered by a Forté 4 amp and two Marantz Esotec MA-5 monoblocks.  My digital is rig is belt driven, BTW... :mrgreen:

eric the red

tweaking
« Reply #43 on: 18 Jul 2003, 02:36 pm »
Alas but the pictures are gone now but will never be forgotten. Thanks for giving us all a glimpse of the deep end Chuck.  :oops:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
tweaking
« Reply #44 on: 18 Jul 2003, 02:52 pm »
:o  We scared him away .  :nono: Eric the Red,posting on AA with all the asylum comments ,  comments on AudioCircle,and who knows where else, has done him in.But I think  Chuck is still watching! :peek:

nathanm

tweaking
« Reply #45 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:16 pm »
Ahh what a tragedy!  Poor Chuck, his hifi flame burned too brightly. There's 972 views on that gallery, is that a record?  Sheesh!

The replies at AA are pretty funny, I especially like the one from "Merle". :lol:

Well, now we will have to go back to our lowly Bose clock radios, having only glimpsed a fraction of the wire damping magick this genius tried to teach us.

I for one will try to follow in Chuck's footsteps, however.  This weekend I am going to be visiting as many yard sales and flea markets as possible in search of room treatments!  :D  I hope this will start a new trend in hifi, the Josephon Movement perhaps? :P  It will be exciting combining weight lifting and audio don't you think?  Hopefully it will spread to pro audio as well, because I know the roadies will enjoy schlepping those weights and chains all over the place.  But that's okay, because then live PA-amplified music will become so much better!

theborg

tweaking
« Reply #46 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:51 pm »
I think we broke a few records with this thread.

byteme

tweaking
« Reply #47 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:56 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
It will be exciting combining weight lifting and audio don't you think? Hopefully it will spread to pro audio as well, because I know the roadies will enjoy schlepping those weights and chains all over the place. But that's okay, because then live PA-amplified music will become so much better!

I thought that's why pro audio speakers already have handles on them?  So you can plug them in, power them up and then bench press them!  I'm sure the movement of the massive woofers also enhances the workout in some sort of gyroscopic kind of way as well!!

It's a shame the gallery is down.  I was about to send it to my wife to see if I'd be allowed to implement any of these tweaks in our home.

cyounkman

Gallery...
« Reply #48 on: 18 Jul 2003, 04:09 pm »
I'm sad to see it go, to. My wife had a GREAT time sending it out to friends. She actually has a modified jpeg of the 'modified' Cubb on her desktop! She added a caption along the lines of "The assimilation of your species will begin in three of your days..."

All I can say is... If there is merit to any of this guy's tweaks, he needs a juggernaut of a marketing department.

eric the red

tweaking
« Reply #49 on: 18 Jul 2003, 04:40 pm »
Well, you could always call Chuck and ask him to send you the photos :mrgreen:

hmen

tweaking
« Reply #50 on: 18 Jul 2003, 05:27 pm »
Maybe if you chain yourself to the sweet spot you'll get a more consistent performance from your system.

Carlman

tweaking
« Reply #51 on: 18 Jul 2003, 06:19 pm »
Ahh what a tragedy!  Poor Chuck, his hifi flame burned too brightly...

A flame? I think not.  ... I was thinking maybe there was a delicate flower wilting beneath the weights and chains that just wanted to grow and bloom to its full potential.  Then, the horrible reality: the 'AC Herbicide' was sprayed all over Chuck's growth.

Alas, I think it's not a tragedy but a lesson both in treatment of equipment and people.

I applaud all the new Josephsoninians.  Go now, and dampen your resonant homes!

nathanm

tweaking
« Reply #52 on: 18 Jul 2003, 09:15 pm »
In addition to having one of the finest stereos in the world, there's an added benefit of all that hifi ballast - should a tornado rip through town, Chuck's will be the only trailer still standing! :)

I thought these might help too:

Psychicanimal

tweaking
« Reply #53 on: 18 Jul 2003, 09:17 pm »
This is getting better and better!!!!! :rotflmao:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
tweaking
« Reply #54 on: 18 Jul 2003, 09:31 pm »
In addition to having one of the finest stereos in the world, there's an added benefit of all that hifi ballast - should a tornado rip through town, Chuck's will be the only trailer still standing! :)

I thought these might help too:
                                Now if only Chuckie`s ideas had been THIS rich!!! :lol: I just knew you were a thinker Nate,,, SALUTES.  :thumb: Regards, Robin

eric the red

tweaking
« Reply #55 on: 18 Jul 2003, 11:22 pm »
Those look just like the NASCAR approved cement filled beer kegs my neighbors use under their 'trailer houses'  :P

Carlman

tweaking
« Reply #56 on: 19 Jul 2003, 12:02 am »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Someone, please add that photo to the gallery.  Maybe a memorial to Chuck?

Nathan, you rock. :rock: (even though you probably already knew that)

JackStraw

tweaking
« Reply #57 on: 19 Jul 2003, 01:14 am »
All I can think about is those "If this trailer's a-rockin'..." bumper stickers. Great work, Nathan.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
tweaking
« Reply #58 on: 19 Jul 2003, 03:16 am »
Nathan! Nice Job !!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Chuck's 15 minutes of fame ! :hyper:

chuck josephson

tweaking
« Reply #59 on: 19 Jul 2003, 05:39 pm »
Quote from: Psychicanimal
Most of us don't know each other, but we act as if we do! :D

I guess that's something that is one *subtlety* you did not perceive by reading the posts before you jumped in here.  Since you are asking out questions aloud I will help you and answer a few.

If there is someone who's really into room acoustic treatments, vibration control (in electricity and in tuning components) is yours truly.  I have listened to DIY Helmholz resonators and am aware of their benefits.  
Im back again because you seem to be more intelligent
than the others .It is very common to add weight to the tops of speakers to increase their mass.but this can also increase lateral instability by making them topheavy .Hanging weight lowers the center of gravity increasing lateral stability.Sceptics try it yourselves .Even Bose owners should be able to hear the difference .
           Hanging  Helmholz resonators allows them to resonate more freely Room Lens uses two inch tubes.Mine are between 1 and 8 inches covering a wider te]frequency rangeat a fraction of the cost with more flexability.Going back to weigts,The chin contacting the
top corner edges of the speaker greatly strenghens
the rigidity of the speaker.

Chuck Josephson