NX-Otica kits are ready to ship.

rich121

Re: NX-Otica kits are ready to ship.
« Reply #80 on: 11 Nov 2019, 01:42 pm »
Read thru the thread and still have questions.

The original thread stated "limited to 10 pairs" made with the  Neo 3 tweeter... is this still the case and 10 pairs have not sold, or a source for the Neo 3 tweeter has been found.... or, this tweeter is NOT currently being used?

I did not see anything mentioning amplifier power range. I use a pair of QuickSilver V4 mono tube amps, new version with the KT150 tubes that have a maximum 170 watt output.  I also have a HK Citation II amp that is around 60 watts, but would rather use the QuickSilver amps.

Very curious about this or the NX-Treme speakers. 

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #81 on: 11 Nov 2019, 02:26 pm »
Read thru the thread and still have questions.

The original thread stated "limited to 10 pairs" made with the  Neo 3 tweeter... is this still the case and 10 pairs have not sold, or a source for the Neo 3 tweeter has been found.... or, this tweeter is NOT currently being used?

I did not see anything mentioning amplifier power range. I use a pair of QuickSilver V4 mono tube amps, new version with the KT150 tubes that have a maximum 170 watt output.  I also have a HK Citation II amp that is around 60 watts, but would rather use the QuickSilver amps.

Very curious about this or the NX-Treme speakers.

We have our own Neo 3 tweeters now. So no issues there. And they sound even better.

Power recommendations is at least 10 watts or more.

Both NX-Otica and NX-Treme models are ready to ship.

RonP

« Reply #82 on: 1 Dec 2019, 01:05 am »
Couple of minor questions:

The NX-Oticas use M165s ( reading your .com website and the first page of this thread ) but the NX-Treme's use M165-16s?

What are the heights of the NX-Oticas and NX-Extremes?

thanks

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #83 on: 3 Dec 2019, 12:15 am »
Couple of minor questions:

The NX-Oticas use M165s ( reading your .com website and the first page of this thread ) but the NX-Treme's use M165-16s?

What are the heights of the NX-Oticas and NX-Extremes?

thanks

The NX-Otica is 52.5" tall plus the bass and floor spikes. The NX-Treme is just over 7 feet tall.

Captainhemo

« Reply #84 on: 4 Dec 2019, 07:03 pm »
Yup,  52.5  & 82.5  plus bases/floor spikes
All the  M165xx  drivers  share the same flange  diameter (7.25" ) os   the version does not effect  cabinet height.

jay