Here's where I'm at with my wedges. After dry fitting to get a feel for how everything went together, I identified the parts that I could not veneer and decided to dye them black then use a French Polish finish. These include the wave guide, the rear of the front baffle, and the inside facing portions of the short wings and the cross brace.
I'm using and an alcohol based India ink as the dye
Here is the front of the baffle. The driver insets are just being dyed black, not polished. The wave guide is about half way done.
The entire rear baffle, including the roundovers is being polished. Again about half done,
Here is the inside of the short wings and the cross braces
I haven't decided if I'm going to leave the black parts glossy or rub them down to a satin finish.
I decided to use some Mozambique veneer I bought awhile back. So far, all the veneer I have used has been paper backed. This is the first time I have used raw wood so I have some new skills to learn.
First is laying it out and setting up
Then cutting the pieces to length. I'm cutting 5 pieces at a time.
Here are all the pieces cut and ready for the next step. The two stacks in the center are for the outsides, the two stacks on the ends are for the inside of the large wings and top of the bases, and the stack at the bottom is for the bottom of the bases and top of the cross braces.
Once I finish with the black parts I have to bookmatch and apply the veneer.